will having the veg effect my weight losses

tanya12

Hi ladies just want to pick your brains

so me and my friend are both on ss and we both on 4 packs only difference is i have been having my veg allowance, i just want to know if there is a difference in weight losses if you dont have the veg to if you do i ask this because i am feeling guilty about having the veg also i have noticed that when i have the veg i seem to get hungry even thou i am ketosis but the days i dont eat the veg im not hungry at all all day
any help id appreciate it xxx

I'm half way through week 3, (so I'm no expert), but I have my full quoto of veg everyday.....most days having at least 300g of salad (which is very low in carbs n calories), shared over 2 meals. So far I lost 13lb wk 1, and. 5lb wk 2, I've also had a sneaky peep this wk n have lost 2 1/2lb.

This is just my experience and by no means an official answer. Hope it helps a little ladies.

Xx

I'm half way through week 3, (so I'm no expert), but I have my full quoto of veg everyday.....most days having at least 300g of salad (which is very low in carbs n calories), shared over 2 meals. So far I lost 13lb wk 1, and. 5lb wk 2, I've also had a sneaky peep this wk n have lost 2 1/2lb.

This is just my experience and by no means an official answer. Hope it helps a little ladies.

Xx

You mean 200g right? :p

No I've been having 300g of salad......I figure cucumber, which is quite heavy is 90% water, and baby spinach/mixed leaves are all very low in carbs....think it's 1g carb for every 100g leaves. Then I have 1 spring onion finely chopped. Its a really generous portion so I feel very satisfied.

I've had quite good losses so far, but time will tell I'm sure.

Xx

eek I am not brave enough just yet to start modifying the rules. I figure if your getting good losses its obviously working for you.

Good luck with your weight loss! :)

I have between 100 and 150g of veg everyday without fail and its never affected my losses i dont think!! X

If you stick to the amounts in the S&S guidelines then no it won't impact your losses.

The vegetables will add approx 50 calories to your daily total (depending on what you have). If you consider that you need a deficit of 3500 calories to lose 1lb that means that the difference in weight loss per week will be approx. 0.1lb if you include the vegetables. Personally I find that including the vegetables helps me to stick with the diet and I know that if I went off plan it would be a hell of a lot more damaging than 0.1lbs a week. The main thing that will maximise weight loss is sticking to the plan 100% and not to add things in that aren't part of the plan.

The vegetables will add approx 50 calories to your daily total (depending on what you have). If you consider that you need a deficit of 3500 calories to lose 1lb that means that the difference in weight loss per week will be approx. 0.1lb if you include the vegetables. Personally I find that including the vegetables helps me to stick with the diet and I know that if I went off plan it would be a hell of a lot more damaging than 0.1lbs a week. The main thing that will maximise weight loss is sticking to the plan 100% and not to add things in that aren't part of the plan.

I agree.... the veggies are my saviour!!! Lol.... X

Go on Starlight try some - there must be one that you like! Do you not even like mushrooms? Thought you had the mushroom pasta? God I love mushrooms :)

That's a real pity as veggies are a really healthy thing to get used to eating ready for maintenance.

I think what's also important with the veggies, is especially for salad, they are mostly water and have a nice pleasant diuretic effect, I de-seed my cucumber, and have a gigantic salad of cos lettuce, cucumber, spring onion and celery. Also your veggies have added fibre which for most of us, the lack of can cause some issues on this plan so I think skipping them is potentially more detrimental than having them to be honest.

Lanarkwitch said:
I think what's also important with the veggies, is especially for salad, they are mostly water and have a nice pleasant diuretic effect, I de-seed my cucumber, and have a gigantic salad of cos lettuce, cucumber, spring onion and celery. Also your veggies have added fibre which for most of us, the lack of can cause some issues on this plan so I think skipping them is potentially more detrimental than having them to be honest.

I started yesterday after coming from CD and I enjoyed my veggies and when the weather is better i'll be bulking up on salads. This diet seems to have more options than CD and im enjoying it 2 days in :)

Not many that i like either but will defo be eaing what I can :)

Back