Will I gain weight on add a meal week?

Val123

Silver Member
Hey all

I started All About W8 last Monday. Dropped 10lbs at week 1 weigh-in yesterday - yaya go me!!

What I'm worried about is in week four not only do I still have to eat the 4 mealpaks and a snack, but I have to add a meal. I'm worried that after having 800 cals a day for 3 weeks, that adding a meal to it is going to make me gain weight.

I know other VCLDs have add a meal weeks after a certain time. Anyone had great weight losses, then gained on the add a meal week?

Val x

If you know that you already consume 800 cals without the meal then adding a meal which is high in protein not carbs and has a portion of fresh veg or salad with it will not take you into the realm of weight gain only may give you a little energy spurt that could help with the diet after the week is over...it does not mean have burger and chips and a do-nut....It really works for most people..I am yet to get to the food week so hope it works for me....

I made sure I already ordered the AAW chef prepared ready meals for my add a meal week, so I'm doing the best I can to avoid making any mistakes, it's just I put weight on at the drop of a hat and I'm thinking 3 solid weeks of 4 mealparks + 1 snack, that to suddenly start eating an extra meal a day - even if it is low carb high protein is bound to make gain. Will just have to double up the exercise that week. My poor wee doggie's going to be even more knackered the amount of extra walking we're doing lol.

I don't even know why i'm looking so far ahead, cos this is only day 2 of week 2 lol.

Val x

Yea, that's what they said, and I know it's got to be done to stop the body going into starvation mode. Even if I STS I won't be too upset, but will be seriously pee'd off if I gain lol.

Well done on your weight loss, that's a serious amount well done you.

Val x

Back