Will it be better tomorrow?

bluegirl

Silver Member
Hi everyone, been reading lots of posts this afternoon to try and motivate myself to stay on the diet. I'm on day 2 and dangerously close to eating.

I thought I was doing well, then I've read that I shouldnt be having boullion till week 2 (if at all), and I really really want that no hunger feeling that you tell me comes with ketosis. Have I mucked it up?

You all seem such lovely helpful people. I'm glad you post so frequently and such good stories. Its all thats kept me away from the fridge for the last 2 hours!

I can't help with the boullion thing but by day 4 I was feeling great :) I'm on day 7 now and and still feel quite good.

You've come this far and are doing really well. Do you have any ketostix to check for ketosis?

Hun stick at it! I was like you by day two but I am on day 40 now and I have felt fantastic since day 3!!! xxxx

I have never had the bouillon but would say stick to water. I felt fantastic by day 3.
Stick with it. Every time you think of food, then drink another glass of water :D

Hi - well done for sticking to it for 2 days - they are the hardest! You might be in keytosis by tomorrow - I believe it takes about 3 days.
You certainly can't give up now - what a waste of the last 2 days!!!!!
Not sure about the boullion but better that than caving in and having something loaded with carbs.
Keep posting and stay away form the fridge!! :)

I started on the Friday morning and was in ketosis by the Saturday night so it is possible. I think you'll feel great by the morning :)

I started on the Friday morning and was in ketosis by the Saturday night so it is possible. I think you'll feel great by the morning :)
But you had done proper preparation, hadn't you, Amanda? Which is why ketosis happened so fast for you. On average, it takes between 24 and 72 hours, depending on the amount of carbohydrates in your system on Day 1. For some unlucky people, it can take quite a lot longer, particularly after Last Supper Syndrome!

But it sure is worth waiting for, so hang on in there, bluegirl. Wouldn't recommend bouillon at all - it's generally very salty - but certainly not until firmly in ketosis, i.e. after the first couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I would personaly stick to water, it flushes your sysem out and your still in detoxing stage and probably wont be in ketosis until tomorrow - keep going though as once your firmy in ketosis youl feel a lot better!

If you are desperate to eat something to keep you going you could have a skinless chicken breast roasted no fat or anything. I had one to keep me going and it really did hit the spot and took away the whole i wanted to eat feeling and you can have this even if its a SS+ product. My cdc yeserday that it was fine when your going into ketosis. Cos if you munch anything else your not going to get into ketodid

Back