Will lose it and maintain this time!!!

LizDesigns

Silver Member
I'm on day 3 now and have decided to start a diary to see if it will help to keep me on track.

As a brief introduction, I lost 6.5 stone back in 2008 between April and November on CD but didn't work up the plans after losing the weight and feel this is why I am back to square one 4 years later. I was too ashamed to go back to CD and the cost was not feasible this time around so here I am with Exante. My head definitely feels like it's in the same place as back then so I really hope I am as successful this time.

Since 2008 i've had alot of changes to my life, split up with my ex of 7 years, met a toyboy (lol) and had another baby. I feel so ashamed that i've let myself go back to this (although there's been alot of emotional stuff involved which hasn't helped) It's also so much more difficult having a 4year old and 4 month old, I didn't bank on all the questions from my oldest!!!

I am determined to go back to the yummy mummy I once was and to make sure my OH's eyes don't start wandering (it doesn't help he's way better looking than me, lol).

So here I am, I tend to use the forums alot and especially as I am on maternity leave and desperately need distractions.

I really wish everyone the best that has started this journey at the same time as me. It can be done and it really does change your life :D

Welcome Hun im restarting too after regaining lots. we can do this together have a good day.

Hiya Liz, welcome and good luck on your Exante journey :hug99: xx

So day 3 just about done and have found it suprisingly easy. I don't know if it's because I knew what to expect or that it's just a case that I will do anything to lose this weight, maybe it's a bit of both. I can't wait for Tuesday to come to wi, i'm really having to stop myself jumping on the scales all of the time. The last time around I lost 10lbs in my first week, i'd be over the moon if I could do that again!!

I love your positive attitude! It is such a buzz to hear such positive things from people!

I am so determined it's unreal too! I started on Monday- I feel blooming fantastic! I KNOW I will def hit my target weight! I need to otherwise I will never be truely happy!

We can keep each other motivated Liz! I really love seeing people succeed and achieve their goals! I keep jumping on the scales- tut tut I know!!!

Jem xxxxxx

It's so hard to avoid the scales. I've resisted as its only day 2 but I know I'll have popped on by Sunday. Would be a nice surprise if I can resist until Wednesday lol

I love your positive attitude! It is such a buzz to hear such positive things from people!

I am so determined it's unreal too! I started on Monday- I feel blooming fantastic! I KNOW I will def hit my target weight! I need to otherwise I will never be truely happy!

We can keep each other motivated Liz! I really love seeing people succeed and achieve their goals! I keep jumping on the scales- tut tut I know!!!

Jem xxxxxx

Thanks for those lovely words, we can definitely motivate each other!!
Regarding the scales, think i'm going to have to get the OH to hide them as they keep calling my name!!!

Thanks for those lovely words, we can definitely motivate each other!!
Regarding the scales, think i'm going to have to get the OH to hide them as they keep calling my name!!!

Lol I've hid mine this morning I'm gonna try and last til Monday.lol

Day four and still going strong, even managed to resist having a coke zero last night.

For the first time last night my OH asked me how the diet was going!!!!! Yeah thanks hunny, thanks for taking an interest in me, lol. Honestly men can sometimes be a pain in the a*se. A wee bit more support would have been nice, it's just lucky that i'm feeling so strong that I don't need his encouragement. I wouldn't mind but he'll be the one that will benefit in the long run ;)

I'm still feeling hungry today so don't yet think i'm in ketosis, I haven't bought any sticks to check as I had quite a bad experience with a snidey woman the last time.

I've still managed to resist those scales and i'm really hoping for a nice surprise come Tuesday. Hope everyone else who started this week is still feeling strong and keep gulping that water :D

Well done on starting again. I love your attitude and with this diet you can get to your goals with a bit of will power. My aim was 6 stone and Ive already lost 1 in 2 weeks so I know it is achievable. x

Well done for resisting that coke zero at least you know it's there if you really need it. Have a good day.

Morning and welcome to exante :D Sounds like your head's in the right place so I won't say good luck cos determination's all you need and you've found yours! Look forward to following your progress x

Well done on starting again. I love your attitude and with this diet you can get to your goals with a bit of will power. My aim was 6 stone and Ive already lost 1 in 2 weeks so I know it is achievable. x

What an amazing loss you've had, I would be well chuffed if I managed to lose a stone in 2 weeks!!!

Morning and welcome to exante :D Sounds like your head's in the right place so I won't say good luck cos determination's all you need and you've found yours! Look forward to following your progress x
Never a truer word said. Determination and willpower really are the key to this diet!!! :D

Whoop Whoop day 5 and still going strong.
I have a confession to make though, I did take a wee sneak peak on the scales this morning, more out of curiosity rather than anything. It's really given me the incentive to carry on with this :D
Last night I really struggled to have my 3rd sachet and literally had to force it down at around 9:30pm, I know it's not good to miss any so was determined to have it.
So this is really going to be the biggest challenge that i'll have to face - Bank Holiday Weekend. I've purposefully not made any plans so hopefully I can keep myself busy and try to stay away from anything food related.
Last night after being woken by my baby for around the third time I started thinking more about why I had chosen this diet and what will keep me motivated to see it through till the end.
I think I am one of the lucky ones, I have managed to lose all of my weight before and therefore I know how it feels to be at my goal weight. I know how much better my life is both healthwise and confidence wise. So whenever I waiver or find this a struggle I remember what I am trying to achieve. That I don't want to worry what people are saying about me, that I can wear what I want rather than what covers me up, that I can play with my children rather than being self conscious, that my family aren't embarrassed and disgusted by me and that I can finally get my social life back again!!!
If anybody is finding it difficult, please try and remember why you started this, how you feel about yourself now and what you want to have achieved in 6 months. The time that you are on this diet really is just a short amount of time compared to the rest of your life. :D

good morning liz u really are my motivation :D your so in the zone which is fab have a fab day xxx

good morning liz u really are my motivation :D your so in the zone which is fab have a fab day xxx

Thanks hon, just wish I could share my determination with those who are struggling. I know how sad being overweight can make you and how it can turn into a downward spiral if you let it.
I greatly admire anyone that tries to do a VLCD as it's definitely not the easy choice!

yes after my blip yesterday i lay in bed thinking im not harming anyone but myself its my happiness that matters and my health of course and theres no way im going to carribean like this again its too hot anyway without been this size :eek:so when i feel like been bad lol i will think carribean :) x

yes after my blip yesterday i lay in bed thinking im not harming anyone but myself its my happiness that matters and my health of course and theres no way im going to carribean like this again its too hot anyway without been this size :eek:so when i feel like been bad lol i will think carribean :) x

Sounds like your head's right back where it needs to be. Plus you've got a fab incentive too :D

Hi , just had a little read of your diary and wanted to pop in and say :D You seem to be doing really well , i am another restarted , never quite got to goal and this time the weight crept up by 2 stone so had to get back on track and sort it out , I find it easier after having done it before as I know what to expect and know how I felt when I was slim ( ish ) for the first time in my life !!!!

Back