Will power and sabotage!

RachelM

work rant ahead warning!

I've been on my diet for 3 weeks and I'm now in my 4th, I'm really enjoying it so far to be honest. Everyday that I go into work there is always a whole cake on the go, they order coffee's from a nearby shop and there is a massive biscuit tin thats never empty. And everyday they offer me some.

I'm really proud of myself because so far I've said no and managed to avoid cake and biscuits altogether. But recently it's really getting me down, not the actual food but a few people have been a bit mean. One lady keeps making comments like "I suppose you're not having any" and saying it like I'm being absurd. Then yesterday there was cheesecake (my one cake weakness!) I wanted a slice mucho but I still said no, then they cut me a slice put it in front of me and said "oh well we've cut it now" EVEN after I'd said no. GRRRRR! I don't mind them offering because I know they're just being polite but I thought this was just mean! Am I overreacting?

I still didn't eat the cheesecake by the way, I gave it to the security guard :)

Last edited:
Well done on your resolve... have to admit I would probably have caved over the cheesecake!

I was having something similar a while ago. I had said to my mum that I was watching my weight, and she was telling me that didn't mean I had to stop eating cheese or cake! But rather than turning out to be sabotage, it emerged recently that because I hadn't quite wanted to use the word 'diet', she thought I just meant I wasn't wanting to put on weight. She's now fully supportive.

I don't know if maybe it would help saying to these people that you're fine with them eating cake, but could they not offer you any because you're on a diet?

Some people are very insecure and do want to sabotage things because they don't like the idea of being heavier than you, that I think you just have to live with sadly.

Back