Will they let me do it?

Discussion in 'Lighter Life Forum' started by bambam101, 19 October 2010 Social URL.

1. bambam101

bambam101 Member

Start Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.48%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    Hi everyone :)
    I have had my first meeting with my LLC and have been given this health questionnaire to be filled out by a doctor/nurse.
    It's just stuff like blood pressure and health problems etc. The one thing that's worrying me is the "food allergies" bit. The nurse out down I am allergic to prawns and onions but the reaction is cured completely with a simple anti-histamine tablet...so it's nothing too serious. But the nurse mentioned that they may not let me do the diet because of my allergies...I was distraught. I'm now feeling really down because I've geared myself up to do this and now I might not be able to. I'm very reluctant to send my questionnaire into my LLC!
    Do you think they will stop me from doing it? Has anyone had a similar experience?
    Thank you.

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. MagdaX

MagdaX is Magdalicious

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(19.26%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life/ Exante
    Hi BB and welcome. :)
    I'd be really surprised if they stopped you from doing LL because of a prawn and onion allergy. On LL Total you're abstinent from food completely so that will rule out prawns and onions (and any other food for that matter ;))
    Just give your counsellor a call and tell her about your concerns. I'm sure there's something that can be done about that :)
    Good luck xx

4. bambam101

bambam101 Member

Start Weight:
    12st0.5lb
    Current Weight:
    11st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st5lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2.5lb(1.48%)
    Badges:
    Maintainer
    Diet:
    Slimming World EE
    Thanks for getting back to me. You've put my fears at ease haha!
    Just looking at your weekly loses...you've done amazingly! I hope I can do as well as that :s
    I'm so nervous but anxious about starting...only a week to go! :D
    xxx

5. MagdaX

MagdaX is Magdalicious

Start Weight:
    17st6lb
    Current Weight:
    14st1lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st7lb
    Lost(%):
    3st5lb(19.26%)
    Diet:
    Lighter Life/ Exante
    You're welcome and thank you :)
    I had a pound gain last week so that's a bit crap especially because I've stuck to the diet 100%. Anyway that happens but generally this program is bloody brilliant. Best thing I've ever done and I'm sure you will do amazingly too!

6. slendablenda

slendablenda Gold Member

Diet:
    lighterlife
    Hi Bam Bam
    :welcome2:
    I can't imagine that your allergies would stop you being able to do LL.Let us know what happens.
    Good luck.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.