Will this really happen?

Dolly2

A massive doubt has just been implanted in my normally logical intelligent mind, however the niggle is growing and so too my concern, so thought I would turn to the greater oh wise ones for debate.
On a previous thread I read tonight, someone commented that they had previously done CD, then regained weight rapidly and had to exercise like mad with a small calorific diet to maintain. And felt this diet had messed with their metabolism for good.
Now had they gone back to old eating habits I would understand this, however am I just fooling myself and will gain all this weight back?.

I am feeling a little sensitive tonight and may well just be over analysing. How is everyone planning on maintaining?

Please someone tell me it's all going to be ok!!

Thanks, from a unusually overtired and vulnerable Doll xx

105ish lb's off and have been this weigh for 3 years, I still want this last 9lb off. You will gain if you don't follow the steps to add food slowly and go back to eating what you did before. I after this week will never eat bread again (1.5 slices and I gained 2.6lb in 24hrs)
Cd recommend 2 weeks at each step adding food please follow that.

I did WW for 2 months and maintained x

Thank you Mama and Tano.
Congratulations to you both on your amazing weightloss, mama I was astounded at 105 lbs loss and read your posts for inspiration. I still have 56lbs to go and just panicked, I did this diet 4 years ago and know that it worked brilliantly, however then I was only 2 stone overweight, but I did pile it back on as I never changed my eating habits, in fact they got substantially worse and with a change in work ( less exercise more car based) to giving up smoking 2 years ago I packed on 4 stone with ease.
I just want to plan for the rest of my life how to do things in moderation and change my lifestyle before it changes me. I had turned into a person I didn't know/ like or recognise and I am never going back to her :D

A grateful, less irrational and more positive, Dolly x

I started cd in January this year - through to may.
I then did a mixture of calorie counting and SW.
I started cd again last week, and had only gained half a stone (which I presume is mainly water weight).

Maintaining is possible - but build yourself a plan because its certainly not easy!

I am planning on following SW as I don't see it as a diet, just a healthy eating plan. I am also going to avoid bread like the plague! it is the root of all evil. And I plan to keep small changes in place, i.e having skimmed milk instead of semi skimmed and things along those lines.

I will always go to the gym now as I know exercise is the key to keeping pounds off as well. Even if only for 30 mins a day, its right by my work so I have no excuse for slacking off of that!

I'm doing Diet Chef when I'm near my goal to learn portion control and healthy eating habits. Tried WW/SW in the past and don't feel they taught me either of those things well, so hoping Diet Chef will do the trick. :)

Despite "normal" people's protestations - there is NOTHING to say that a VLCD has any effect on your longterm metabolism. Weight loss and exercise, however, will boost your metabolism. The only reason you should put on weight after a VLCD is if you haven't adjusted your eating after the diet, don't do any exercise and go back to eating the way you did when you were overweight.

I get the feeling that the person who said they had to eat like a bird/exercise like a madman to maintain either has an underlying health problem they're not aware of or may have been making excuses for lapsing.

If you don't go back to your old habits but eat a sensible and balanced diet the weight will stay off. I lost 8 stone on CD and regained 3 1/2 in the last 6 months - but that has only been because I have gone totally mad eating - i didn't work up through the plans just launched straight back into full on eating(really totally mad) so I know the biggest challenge for me is going to be to address my eating habits.... All I am keeping in my head for now is if you don't eat the calories then the weight won't go back on.
Hang on in there - work up through the maintenance plans and use them to reeducate yourself and find the right balance point for you

Back