Will you help me to be happy again?

NikkiH

Likes to eat
Because I'm absolutely miserable, probably more so because I've had a taste of being slim and then took it away from myself.

I've struggled with my weight for years, which sounds silly really as I'm only turning 26 next month.

I was big all my teenage life - mostly through comfort eating. I know I have a food addiction and a very unhealthy relationship with food.

I got pregnant at 19 and piled on the weight, more so in the couple of months after my daughter was born probably because for the first time in years I felt happy and secure. When she was a year and a half I weighed 18 stone. :-( with the help of ww, minimims and the incentive of my wedding, I managed to loose 7 stone in 10 months. I kept it off too, so am not worried about maintenance afterwards - I know what to do.

I felt so so good, I have a wardrobe FULL of size 10 clothes that I need to get back in to. I piled it all back on due to having two more babies in 16 months, not having a chance to loose all my baby weight from ds before deciding to get pregnant with dd2. Depression and giving up the cigarettes for obvious reasons contributed also.

So here I am. 5 foot 8 and weighing 15 stone 8 :-( words can't explain how desperate I am and how much my weight is affecting everything. I've had a couple of bad years and now every thing is looking up - except my weight has my life on hold. I don't want to go out, I don't want to see people - for the first time in a long time life is good but this damn blubber is messing up everything. I can't tell you how many times I've said "when I'm thin again we'll do this/ go here/ see that"

I've lost a stone since the birth of my baby (9 weeks) on ww but it's too slow. Im too miserable. I've made the decision to start lipotrim on Monday - my husband is 100% behind me which helps - he tells me to give myself a break and let it come off slowly but also understands how much this means to me.

I tried lt last year for 2 weeks (plus one week refeed) when my son was 4 months ( I was pregnant again when he was 7 months) for a wedding we were attending and, if I'm honest, found it horrendous. I was determined and stayed 100% but let's face it - it was just 2 weeks. I'm apprehensive because I know what's coming.

Ive read some threads on here which have given me the inspiration to try again - my head is in a better place this time too, I feel. Please help me begin my life again - I honestly cannot do it without you lot - I wouldn't have succeeded before without mms.

Sorry so long, it's taken a lot to write x

hello, sorry to hear that you are so miserable, but welcome on the road to happiness and joy. When do you start ?? or have you started already ?? You did amazingly to loose 7 stone before, well done, that just proves you can do it when you put your mind to it. Stay strong, take each day one at a time, celebrate all your achievements no matter how small and you will be back in your size 10's in no time x

The good thing about LT is that is definitely does work. I have done it twice, so I can tell you that the hard work is worth it.
As long as when you come off it, you've got the mindset to maintain that hard work, you'll be fine.

LT is tough for the first couple of weeks, you're getting used to a whole new way of life, but once you've gone for a couple of weigh in's and you start to visibly see a difference, you find that strength within yourself to keep going.

You're going to get down days, but this is what we're all here for on here. If you think you might cave, jump on here and we'll be here to support you. We're all in the same boat.

I'm going to be on my 3rd attempt as of next Thursday and I'm apprehensive about it too, but hopeful that this time it'll be 3rd time lucky for me.

xxxxx I hope you'll be OK and remember, you have us all here to support you xxxxx

Hi Nikki,

Well....can I just say all the best on LT. You are in the right place for support...so stick with us!! You will get through it if you focus.

X Funky

Back