wine wine wine wine

i love my red wine, but i cant have just one glass its got to be the bottle. anyone else like me? im seriously thinking of spending some of my budget for a bottle of jacobs creekk mmmmm

I used to feel exactly the same about my red wine. I drank a bottle every night, sometimes a bit more. Living here it is very much a part of the culture to drink with your meals. I didn't stop at one glass though.

When I decided to follow the SW way of life I also decided to stop drinking. I did. From that day to this I have not had another drink, oh yes just once, I had 2 glasses of wine and a liqueur and was ill for several days after.

You think you can not do it, but you can. After the initial longing for a drink, that lasted about a week to 10 days, I have not once wanted alcohol not even when eating out.

Now I can not believe I had so many
"empty" calories.

I know I could not control myself enough to just have one drink so no drinks is the answer for me.

We all do what we think is best for ourselves.

Sue - I am in awe of your will power. Sadly wine remains my one great vice. I have cut back dramatically, but now just make sure when I drink I savour it, and think about it (and I try and treat myself to a bit more of an expensive bottle rather than anything 'on special', so i treat it with more respect). One trick I worked out was rather than my Friday night in where I drank a whole bottle, I now have half, then have an Options hot chocolate, so something nice to finish the day, and far less syns.

Oh yes - i can never leave a bottle of wine with wine still in it!

However i have learnt this time around (the last month since i've been back on plan) that if i do this once a week or maybe twice and cut bacl on my syns the rest of the week i am pretty ok (at the moment!) xx

Back