Wine!!!!!!!!!!

roppa

Hi all

Could anyone tell me the syn value of weight watchers wine please.

Im afraid i went off the rails a bit, saturday night went out (unexpectedly) drank way to many Coors light. Then every Tuesday is "Wine night" at my friends house, we both have our own business's and we leaflet drop to promote them on a tuesday then reward ourselves with wine but since i started SW i dont really want to use all my syns for wine so thought maybe WW wine was ok, failing that, Tea it is!!!
xxx

You could try first cape cafe collection, they do red, white and rose and it's 12 syns for the bottle. I am more of a red drinker myself however i find the white nicer than the res and I put loads of ice on it

It's 5.5%, its not as strong as full as full fat wine however lager is anything from 3-5%

Hello Miss slinky

I love wine, and found your post really helpful. I have never tried the Cape Cafe collection, but I think that I will treat myself to one at the weekend, and I cannot believe its only 12 syns.

Last edited:
Ha ha, I'm glad you've just called me that as I just want I go an buy a panini from the canteen! I've resorted to eating my soup!!

I guess it depends how you like your wine, they are sweet however it's a good substitute when everybody else around you is drinking and you don want to feel left out

Asda, morrisons and Sainsburys defo sell it

Hi BeckyT ( Miss Slinky )

Sorry about that, but glad it helped.
I love my wine on the weekends and will defo be trying it.
So thanks.

Thank you, thats great, only 12 syns!!! maybe i will peel the label off so my wine friend doesn't notice the low % tee hee, i dont mind aslong as i don't have to drink tea on wine night! xx

DONT BE CONNED by Weight Watchers wine - all wine is 1 syn per 20 calories, low alcohol wines are very rarely much better than standard wines, they are still full of sugar.

From syns online:

Weight Watchers wine:
Rose Wine, 125ml 4
Smooth Red Wine, 125ml 4
Fruity White Wine, 125ml 4

Standard wine:
White wine, dry, 125ml 4
Red wine, 125ml 4½

I think people misread it as WW is listed as per 125ml so somes up as 4 syns, whereas most peope wil drink a 250ml glass so have 8 syns and think they are getting a good deal with low alcohol wine. It is not so, you are very rarely better off with a low alcohol wine. To reduce syns you are better having a decent wine at a decent price and having less of it or mixing it with a spritzer than paying excessive prices for a bottle of crappe that has the same syns anyway... :(

i like the idea of having the white or the rose cape wine with lots of ice in .. that would make it feel like i was having a proper drink still as i could have it in a big glass!!,, i find small glasses of wine to depressing!!

charleybabes said:
i like the idea of having the white or the rose cape wine with lots of ice in .. that would make it feel like i was having a proper drink still as i could have it in a big glass!!,, i find small glasses of wine to depressing!!

Eeeeew, I don't like drinking out of little wine classes, they should be band! If you wanted to, you could get half a bottle in my wine glass!

Back