Wine!

MissieCB

Gold Member
Morning all judders:D
Sorry for the obvious post everyone but wondered if anyone is drinking wine on their up days?? Im a sucker for a bottle and im wondering if this is the reason for slow losses.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated peeps xxxxx

looool ok thats what I wanted to hear :)

Yes I would say as long as its not on top of your usual cals then I can't see the harm in the occasional glass, not sure I should be advocating drinking a Bottle every UP day though ;)

I dont always drink wine but I have a pimms and lemonade, pints of lager etc on most of my UP days... don't worry about it, just make sure you drink loads of water the next day because alcohol does make you retain fluid and drinking lots of water (believe it or not) helps to stop your body retaining the fluid.

Righteho!! am guzzling the water down as we speak thanks hun xx

Someone once said a life without wine is no life at all .... and it wasn't me, but it could have been! ;)

Missie, wine WILL slow your losses because a. it's VERY calorific and b. it elicits munchies.

For me though, the beauty of JUDDD is that I can have an UP day drink if I want one and, frankly, after a 5:30 am wake up call with William, a full day at work, home to cook dinner and then put William to bed, I do usually want one! ;)

I'm prepared to accept slower losses for my quiet (sometimes!) enjoyment of life's pleasures but I guess, ultimately, it is a trade-off.

Hope this helps.

P x

Someone once said a life without wine is no life at all .... and it wasn't me, but it could have been! ;)

Missie, wine WILL slow your losses because a. it's VERY calorific and b. it elicits munchies.

For me though, the beauty of JUDDD is that I can have an UP day drink if I want one and, frankly, after a 5:30 am wake up call with William, a full day at work, home to cook dinner and then put William to bed, I do usually want one! ;)

I'm prepared to accept slower losses for my quiet (sometimes!) enjoyment of life's pleasures but I guess, ultimately, it is a trade-off.

Hope this helps.

P x

looool just saw this and it confirms my worst fears loool!

If you account for it in your cals and don't give in to the accompanying munchies ;) then it won't be a problem, your cals can consist of what you want but obviously we should be trying to eat a healthy diet and drink alcohol with moderation, thats easy for me to say as I rarely drink unless we have a BBQ or we go out, both rare events in my life :rolleyes:

bajoleth said:
If you account for it in your cals and don't give in to the accompanying munchies ;) then it won't be a problem, your cals can consist of what you want but obviously we should be trying to eat a healthy diet and drink alcohol with moderation, thats easy for me to say as I rarely drink unless we have a BBQ or we go out, both rare events in my life :rolleyes:

Thanks Jo wines so calorific tho!!! Hopefully BBQ season is over soon......NOTTTT XXXXX

I'm pleased someone has posted this as I have just opened my first bottle of wine since beginning JUDDD and wondered about it.

I am having a pig out today with wine just because it's Friday, the sun is shining and it's the end of my first week back at school. My other half is in France and running the Marathon du Medoc tomorrow which is a marathon through the wine region where he stops every so often at different vinyards for a quick drink! If he can do that I can have a glass this evening on JUDDD!

Cheers everyone on an UD and cheers to those having one tomorrow!

Headache said:
I'm pleased someone has posted this as I have just opened my first bottle of wine since beginning JUDDD and wondered about it.

I am having a pig out today with wine just because it's Friday, the sun is shining and it's the end of my first week back at school. My other half is in France and running the Marathon du Medoc tomorrow which is a marathon through the wine region where he stops every so often at different vinyards for a quick drink! If he can do that I can have a glass this evening on JUDDD!

Cheers everyone on an UD and cheers to those having one tomorrow!

Hahahahaha, loving your husband's style, Headache! :D

Cheers (tomorrow for me) :D

P x

Oh try to stop me. Friday night, rare steak and as much vino as I feel like - about one glass too many!

It is my treat. I also have a small glass on Saturday and Sunday night. I have always done so and love my JUDDD as it allows me to continue enjoying the weekends. My OH works away and when he comes home (most but not every weekend at the moment) we like to eat, drink, listen to loud music and generally be merry. As well as house cleaning, mowing the garden, ironing etc etc!!!!!

I know I will lose more slowly but that is why I JUDDD, I choose, not some diet guru or jumped up Z Class celeb who once fell out of taxi getting into/out of the BB house!

Did that sound at all bitter? :D

How funny looool!!! They always follow some crazy maple syrup diet and bring out a fitness DVD!!!!
And heard about the "wine marathon" sound hilarious apparently h win wine also!!!

Sound perfect to me ;)

fizzyfluff said:
Everyone's having wine and I can't, could cry!!!!!

9 lost : 58 to goal

Tomoz????

fizzyfluff said:
Not till 1st November because of medication!!!!!!!

I babe!!!! It's bad for u anyway zxxx

:( nice try, but don't care. Even a little tiny glass would be nice. But hubbys being the wine police and won't let me!!

Back