Wisdom teeth

willfitskinnyjeans

Gold Member
I'm coming up to my 4th week sw online, I've had good losses but tomorrow having 4 wisdom teeth out under general anesthetic. I've heard eating after is hard but I don't want it to effect my progress in sw. Has anyone been through this on sw and tips for staying on track.

Hi there i had my wisdom teeth out under general anaesthetic quite a few years back - this was waaay before I had ever heard of SW. I have to say i dont think you will have any problems re staying on track as to be honest I felt lousy afterwards and the last thing i wanted to do was eat. I did however have soup through a straw for a few days so if you can make your own soups up you'll be fine and still lose pounds :D.

Good luck for tomorrow hope all goes well x

I've got the soup all ready to be made and yoghurts my fridge staples anyway. Thank you be just my luck I'll gain that week having lived of a spoon of soup a day. :)

Hi, I had my wisdom teeth out under a GA many years ago. I wasn't on SW at the time, but I found I felt a lot better afterwards than I thought I would and I still managed some cottage pie and tinned carrots for my tea! Not much chewing involved there, it just slipped down!

Good luck for your operation. I hope you recover quickly. I'm sure you will be fine with soup and yogurts.
XX

Hi there how you feeling now? I didn't like to say how horrible you feel afterwards, I just remember coming out of hospital wanting to curl up and die I felt that bad. Hope you're making a good recovery and you manage to lose a few pounds :) x

Hi. God I know how you feel! I had mine out years ago and at the time I was following another diet but in the week after the op I lost half a stone cos I actually couldn't open my mouth to get anything in! even trying to get soup off a spoon was hard - my jaw just wouldn't open lol and very colourful bruises. I think you need to not worry about the diet for now and just concentrate on recovery. Hope you are better soon

Thanks for the support. I have some lovely shades of green and yellow bruises, it could of been worse but the pain was beyond anything I expected. I kept to sw whole time I ate what I could based on my sw choices albeit didn't eat alot. I felt very sick and very down about mashed food. I've got alot better yesterday but still can't chew properly. Lost 3lb, I'm so determined for my goals that not even this has put me off sw. Only downside not all my feeling is back in my tongue yet n my taste is very muted. I had a wagamamas with my syns today n it tasted of nothing :( or maybe I just am bot getting same kick from food I used to.

I only had the one wisdom tooth out under GA but found eating fine, but that's because I could eat on the other side of my mouth!

I'd always have GA for wisdom tooth removal. Had one removed under local and my face blew up twice the size, got dry socket and was in horrific pain cause my body went in to shock.

Had zero pain and zero problems under general! Glad it was ok for you :)

I recommend the 4 teeth, bone graft, stitches and pain diet. every 4 weeks I'll drop an extra half stone every month ;)

My taste buds are so muted i hope it comes back soon I miss tasting flavor

Hello hope you are feeling better today. I had all 4 taken out under GA with some bone removed too. I remember it not being as bad as I thought it would (I am terrified of dentists though) and being fed mashed up weetabix by a lovely male nurse. That was quite a few years ago - the last 5 years I have had braces, the worst part was having a bite plate to split my palate and then headgear....nice! Couldn't eat properly for ages, unfortunately I soon got over that!

Hi, I just had one of mine out today under local anasthetic. Currently enjoying a yummy super free soup :)

Back