Wishful Shrinking

Must be an 'extra' challenge for you then!
Are you doing the SW online aswell?... although there is lots of help on minimims :)
my partner used to live in Germany (Hanover) he was in the army for a few years and his ex-wife was german, he lived there for about 15 yrs, and can speak fluent german :)... some of the food he tells me about from there on occasion does sound nice tho...fattening but nice! :D

Yes, am doing it online... and yes, Minimins is a fab support group! :D

I'm not going to say what I ate today, because today was designated an official diet-free pig-out day.... all I will say is that it added up to around 70 syns :eek: Actually though, I found myself eating the same low-syn supper as I usually do, which is encouraging in terms of establishing good eating habits.

I've also noticed that an occasional diet-free day can kick-start the metabolism and trick it into believing the "hunger game" is over - with the result that I sometimes have a better weight loss after resuming the diet. Anyway, we will see.

I've also noticed that an occasional diet-free day can kick-start the metabolism and trick it into believing the "hunger game" is over - with the result that I sometimes have a better weight loss after resuming the diet. Anyway, we will see.

I think that too,I have had not a diet free day but a couple of good 'treats' at the weekends and still had 2 good losses last 2 weeks, saying that i prob won't lose next week after my alcohol and lemon cheesecake this weekend :D
but if it continues to work why change? :)

I think that too,I have had not a diet free day but a couple of good 'treats' at the weekends and still had 2 good losses last 2 weeks, saying that i prob won't lose next week after my alcohol and lemon cheesecake this weekend :D
but if it continues to work why change? :)

Lemon cheesecake!! OMG I'm dribbling on the keyboard now..... :p
I never drink alcohol though because I have a dodgy liver, so at least that's one temptation I don't have to resist.

Back to the straight and narrow today... and by crikey it was hard! Still, I managed OK:

Breakfast: Honey Loops (4.5 syns) and skimmed milk (hex a)

Lunch: rice and Mediterranean fish thingy (2.5 syns)

Afternoon snack: Optiwell yoghurt (0 syns)

Supper: chicken sandwich (Hex b) with carrots and grapes... again. I'm a creature of habit, I don't mind eating the same meal every day until I get bored of it.

Bedtime snack: one Milka XL cookie... and I am NOT going to buy any more of these because they are too tempting by half! :drool:

Total: 13 syns

Back to the straight and narrow today... and by crikey it was hard! Still, I managed OK:

Lunch: rice and Mediterranean fish thingy (2.5 syns)

Afternoon snack: Optiwell yoghurt (0 syns)

Supper: chicken sandwich (Hex b) with carrots and grapes... again. I'm a creature of habit, I don't mind eating the same meal every day until I get bored of it.

Bedtime snack: one Milka XL cookie... and I am NOT going to buy any more of these because they are too tempting by half! :drool:

hi - well done for getting back on track - I agree it's hard - but hopefully you can get back into the 'swing' - this site is helping face my demons and love that I can say how I'm feeling anonymously to all you friendly and supportive souls!

hi - well done for getting back on track - I agree it's hard - but hopefully you can get back into the 'swing' - this site is helping face my demons and love that I can say how I'm feeling anonymously to all you friendly and supportive souls!

I so agree :bighug:

Dieting is so hard when the weather's awful and you're freezing to death... especially as losing weight makes you freeze even more...:gen125:

Lunch: noodles with turkey, spring onions and mushrooms in chop suey sauce (2.5 syns)

Afternoon snack: 1 Optiwell yoghurt (0 syns)

Supper: ham and tomato sandwich (hex b), a carrot and a bunch of grapes

Bedtime snack: 2 choc biccies (6 syns)

Weigh-in tomorrow, and I am cautiously optimistic. I just read an article in the Daily Mail saying that being cold helps you lose weight quicker because it activates the metabolism in an attempt to keep you warm. If this is true, I ought to have lost a LOT over the last few days...

Lunch: fish in tomato sauce, boiled spuds and sweetcorn. Plus a few bits of bacon fed me by my son (2.5 syns)

Afternoon snack: Optiwell yoghurt (0 syns), whereafter I developed indigestion, which reminded me I forgot to take my acid reflux tablets this morning... :sigh:

Supper: ham and tomato sandwich (hex b), carrots and grapes.

Bedtime snack: 2 choc biccies (6 syns).

Total: 13 syns.

Weigh-in tomorrow, and I am cautiously optimistic. I just read an article in the Daily Mail saying that being cold helps you lose weight quicker because it activates the metabolism in an attempt to keep you warm. If this is true, I ought to have lost a LOT over the last few days...

Lunch: fish in tomato sauce, boiled spuds and sweetcorn. Plus a few bits of bacon fed me by my son (2.5 syns)

Afternoon snack: Optiwell yoghurt (0 syns), whereafter I developed indigestion, which reminded me I forgot to take my acid reflux tablets this morning... :sigh:

Supper: ham and tomato sandwich (hex b), carrots and grapes.

Bedtime snack: 2 choc biccies (6 syns).

Total: 13 syns.

looks like a good day to me - hope your WI goes well!

That's interesting about being cold! *goes to sit outside lol*

Good luck for WI, you deserve a great loss!

2.5 lbs off this week! :bliss:

Feel like I'm back in the zone now. Admittedly I let myself go a little and had a doner kebab for lunch today - not as bad as it sounds, our Edi makes them with lots of salad and lean meat, I always ask him to leave out the sauce, so the syns are really only in the bread. Also shared a small portion of chips with my son, but hey ho :rolleyes: Otherwise I ate pretty much the same as yesterday, so I don't think I clocked up more than 30 syns. Mind you, we're going out for lunch on Sunday...

I just signed up for Wikifit, and the food diary bit is quite interesting (and useful for me because they give the nutritional values of German foods), as it shows you the calories you have consumed and the calories you would have to consume to maintain your current weight, amongst other things. Interestly, even today's binge didn't push my calories up above 1600, and I would need to eat 2200 a day to maintain my current weight.

Really need to get some Body Magic in too. Does strenuous housework count??

Last edited:
2.5 lbs off this week! :bliss:

Feel like I'm back in the zone now. Admittedly I let myself go a little and had a doner kebab for lunch today - not as bad as it sounds, our Edi makes them with lots of salad and lean meat, I always ask him to leave out the sauce, so the syns are really only in the bread. Also shared a small portion of chips with my son, but hey ho :rolleyes: Otherwise I ate pretty much the same as yesterday, so I don't think I clocked up more than 30 syns. Mind you, we're going out for lunch on Sunday...

I just signed up for Wikifit, and the food diary bit is quite interesting (and useful for me because they give the nutritional values of German foods), as it shows you the calories you have consumed and the calories you would have to consume to maintain your current weight, amongst other things. Interestly, even today's binge didn't push my calories up above 1600, and I would need to eat 2200 a day to maintain my current weight.

Really need to get some Body Magic in too. Does strenuous housework count??

Glad ur in the zone and what a great loss! I think you did ok today - as you say 1600 is fine - I think strenuous housework counts - we must be burning cals off - toning our arms etc.

I really need to get back into exercise - I've lost 9lbs on this restart and my tummy is looking baggy - not nice! But I reckon a few sit ups/The Shred or any exercise would sort it out (fingers crossed).

Glad ur in the zone and what a great loss! I think you did ok today - as you say 1600 is fine - I think strenuous housework counts - we must be burning cals off - toning our arms etc.

I really need to get back into exercise - I've lost 9lbs on this restart and my tummy is looking baggy - not nice! But I reckon a few sit ups/The Shred or any exercise would sort it out (fingers crossed).

The Shred! Have you tried it before? I'm considering it, but it looks like murder.. :hide:

Back on plan today:

Breakfast: Honey Loops (4.5 syns) and semi-skimmed lactose-free milk (my G*d that stuff is sweet...)

Lunch: spag bol (3 syns)

Afternoon snack: fat-free fruit fromage frais (I love typing all those fs!) (1.5 syns)

Supper: chicken breast sandwich with tomato, carrot and grapes (0 syns, hex b)

Bedtime: 2 choc biscuits (6 syns)

Total: 12 syns.

The curious thing was, when I entered my day's food into Wikifit out of curiosity, I found I'd actually ended up consuming more calories than I did yesterday during my "binge"... and apparently it was the spaghetti what done it!

1 lb off this week - I'm happy with that, considering the time of the month it is...

I know I haven't been recording my meals, but it gets boring after a while because it's so repetitive. Still, I have been on track except for occasional pre-scheduled "cheat" days. This week has been totally insane.. but my resolution for February is to get running again. I used to love running when the temperature was hovering around the zero mark - much more fun than in summer :)

1 lb off this week - I'm happy with that, considering the time of the month it is...

I know I haven't been recording my meals, but it gets boring after a while because it's so repetitive. Still, I have been on track except for occasional pre-scheduled "cheat" days. This week has been totally insane.. but my resolution for February is to get running again. I used to love running when the temperature was hovering around the zero mark - much more fun than in summer :)

well done for losing - and planning to run - hope u do better than me - promised myself I'd start exercising at least 15 mins a day to start with - but mot even got of my bum to do that yet - so will copy you and reset that as Feb's target ....we'll see!!

Body Magic as of today! Replaced my battered old running shoes and started the Couch to 5k program again - well, I didn't actually start it, I jumped in at week 3 day 1 and breezed through it easily. I'm so glad I still have some degree of fitness despite the lengthy (months and months) break - I remember when I started at week 1 day 1 first time round, I felt like my legs were made of lead and my head was going to explode...

The Munich half-marathon is on 27.4., and they also have 10k and 5k events, so I think I will set my sights on that date to get back into racing.

And I have discovered some marshmallow biscuits which only have 2 syns each, so life is good! :D

The Shred! Have you tried it before? I'm considering it, but it looks like murder.. :hide:

It is hard. But it does work - but only if I do it!!!!!!

Body Magic as of today! Replaced my battered old running shoes and started the Couch to 5k program again - well, I didn't actually start it, I jumped in at week 3 day 1 and breezed through it easily. I'm so glad I still have some degree of fitness despite the lengthy (months and months) break - I remember when I started at week 1 day 1 first time round, I felt like my legs were made of lead and my head was going to explode...

The Munich half-marathon is on 27.4., and they also have 10k and 5k events, so I think I will set my sights on that date to get back into racing.

And I have discovered some marshmallow biscuits which only have 2 syns each, so life is good! :D

well done for starting so well - only race I'm in is the one for me to do something!!!!

Only lost half a pound this week :( Still it's better than STS or even a gain. I have to admit that I had two days off plan as well - work stress had me reaching for a pizza rather than making a proper meal. Hey ho.

Back