wishing for skinny legs

100% agree with Mandlegrot! Despite having eaten far too much over this Christmas, this is my first Christmas where I've been actively trying to loose weight, and I now know which situations I'm most likely to pig out in and so next year I'm sure Christmas will mentally be far easier than this year. Also, just keep in mind that a lot of the weight you've put on might be down to water weight, so you should see that fall back off in no time at all :)

I know this sounds mental but I'm ok with it. It's happened and now to get back on it. Thank you both of you and you're right it's about learning about those triggers that will set you off, I know I ate when I was full and picked those bad bits but I had a great time doing it. Getting back onto the "no thanks" wagon and I'm looking forward to it. I'm at the parents tonight because the OH is at work and I don't like staying on my tod, so I'm going to keep my day free foods till I get there and see what's about and decide then if I'm having a green or extra easy day.
Again thank you to you both and Mandlegrot good luck for tonight.

I'm the same - I hate being home alone. December I ended up doing 17 nights at work as my boyfreind was doing nights too!!! Long month but roll on 25th Jan :)

Good luck today - I'm gonna read through books/food diary etc to remind myself as I feel a bit out of touch with it all really. Now blitzing the house and clearing out the fridge and freezer of bad food :)

Thats a good idea to go over old food diaries to remind yourself of better times.
Ive had a good day today kept food to all super free on all three plans because I hadn't decided which plan I would go for. When I went to parents house they had steak left from yesterday but it had been cooked in oil so instead of saying ah it wont matter I left it and made myself pasta salad instead, only 1 syn at that too. Decided to have an extra easy today but it probably boarded on a green because I mainly had veg but I had both bacon and that turkey too.
Went on the turbo trainer too and without being too personal my backside is just numb now.
Had some great news today mum has decided to do sw again which is brilliant for her and also she helps to keep me on track too.
I've got 8 syns left and nothing really to spend them on. I don't fancy spending it on chocolate because its a downward spiral really and ive taken the no alcohol pledge because of new year.
So overall very happy about today, minus the massive gain.

Ended up having 9 syns yesterday so was pleased with that.

Today has been another good day, decided to have an extra easy day. Had some lovely kedgeree today haven't had it in ages because the oh can't have fish. I've only had one syn today so I can spend them on something nice.
Was a bit gutted when I found ouy that Dorset cranberry and raspberry porridge is no longer a hex b : (

Its lovely being back on plan, feeling so much more in control.

Had to go through a lot of clothes today because I couldn't find my cycling gear. It was slightly depressing to see there were a lot of clothes in there that were too small, oh well soon they will fit again!

I was listening to the radio earlier and there was a bloke on it who at one point was 70 stone!! He has a gastric bypass and is now trying to get the excess skin removed by NHS but from what I could gather they wont do it until his weight stabilizes. People phoned up to offer opinion as to whether the NHS should pay some were sympathetic and could understand what sort of struggle he had been through however some weren't. Is it up to judge someone? The bloke has lost two thirds of his body weight, I suppose the argument is, he got himself to that point should we pay for his "mistake". Could you imagine getting to that point though, surely at some point you know you have to stop eating, I know my willpower is shocking at times but that really takes the biscuit. (sorry for the pun but I really couldn't help it.)

Same argument with smokers, drinkers, overweight people...we all do things that harm us, and some of us will need medical help. Some say the NHS shouldn't pay but they forget that we ALL pay taxes, and food/alcohol/cigarette tax is very high! So I think it is fair that he gets help on the NHS - and continued support - to ensure he lives a healthier life...I believe some (not all - as it is down to us!) of the problems in the western countries with obesity is due to food prices, adverts and government backhanders. i mean, they know macdonalds is bad for us - why not put sanctions on them, or shut them down? Instead, they make money from them :( Its a sorry state of affairs...advertising fizzy drinks/sweets during waking hours for children...product placement...its awful. Its not 100% to blame, as we are the ones who chose what to eat and how much, but some people really are subject to such adverts. The government has a lot of work to do to help people not be tempted by rubbish food, and to help people make the right choices - you can't force people to, but you can change the way things are presented in the media to hopefully change a few minds.

I think by paying for the op they'll save money in the long run in terms of care and so on. You're right advertisement doesn't help but who are we to judge someone's lifestyle.

I've eaten tons today buy for some reason I find that every few hours I'm hungry and have a headache. Also I'm having a real sugar crash today. I'm hoping tomorrow will be better because I haven't the energy to do anything.

Probably wasn't a true extra easy day because I didn't get the third free everytime but hey ho.

Bought some knitting stuff today as I've always wanted to learn have to admit it seems a tad daunting.

Hope everyone has had a super day, remember to keep counting those syns.

Had a green day today and loved it, I love having those extra healthy extras. Also I didn't have those horrible hunger episodes.
Had ten syns today spent on chocolate but was welk worth it.
Went on my first bike ride of the year 20 miles later and a sore bum. Feel ok just sore legs and quite tired now. Found an app called strava and basically using gps it tracks your route and parts of the routes are split into "competitions" and basically ranks yoy. It's great if your like me and competitive because it gives you something to aim for.
I really want to stand on the scales and see if there is a difference but no I'm being strong!

Yay! Well done for being strong hun, it'll be more rewarding for you. Well done also for the bike ride, it's something I should start doing as I live in a village and it's very flat around these parts (Fens). I keep saying to myself that I'll wait for the better weather but that's just an excuse.

When do you weigh-in by the way? Oh, and I'm competitive too lol, so I know where you are coming from!

I went out with some other people so that always helps. But I'm glad I didn't go on a sugar hit afterwards.
Think about it like this, the weather is horrible now but it's a great time to start getting your legs stronger because when the weather is better you'll be able to go further and enjoy it more.
Weigh in is on a Wednesday.

Had a good day today, made a big soup to last the week back to work tomorrow afternoon. Then went to the shops to pick up a few bits bought some in tomato sauce mmmm yummy- don't eat a great deal of fish because the OH is allergic to it. So it's a bit of a treat.
Then for dinner I had paprika chicken, only half a syn and lots of free and super free in it. Did spend 9 syns on a piece of cake but I'm still just under the 10 so i'm happy.

I've had some really good days this week, it's been a 100%! Went back to work today, no children so not as full on, they're all vack tomorrow so that should be interesting.
I'm really tempted to stand on the scales and see what's happening but no not until Wednesday.
Spent my syns on cheese and two segments of terrys chocolate its high for 2.5 syns but I'm not missing out so I wont binge on it.
Tried to get out on my bike tonight but my backside still hurts from the otger day still.

Well done for getting on the bike! 20 miles is a good distance too, no mean feat. What's the roads like where you live, is it flat or hilly? I stopped cycling when I moved to Norfolk as I had a fold up bike and ironically couldn't handle the hills of Norwich (despite Norfolk being flat, there are some hills, and I live up the top of the biggest one!!) and am desperate to get back on it...hopefully seeing you do it will kick me up the bum too :)

Sounds like we're on plan for a 100% week this week, keep going at it ;)

I've a great cure for a sore backside lol - but I wont mention it here ;)

Hope being back at school wasn't too mad for you.

I tried that new Turkish Delight Muller Light today, it was ok although it didn't taste much like Turkish Delight to me.

Oooo and it's weigh in for you tomorrow too...Hope you achieve some great numbers, you deserve to!! x

Good luck for weigh in tomorrow hun sounds like you have had a great week :D x

Oh all I've wanted to do is eat tonight. This sounds pathetic but someone has dropped an empty packet of doritos share bag now this is my binge food and it's all I've wanted and thought about. I had my 10 syns but then had two small cola bottles and a small triangle of tolberone. Im not going to beat myself up because I had enough time to go and binge anf hide it.
Being back at school is nice in terms of routines but not liking the early starts.

Back