wishing for skinny legs

Just weighed myself, I lost 1.5 lb. I'm really chuffed because I've been beating myself up about having a few meals off. I feel a lot more in control now and know that I can do it over the festive season.

That's fantastic SkinnyLegs! That's a great loss this week :)

Chinese buffets have got to be the most tempting places ever, and the worst for when you're trying to be good. I tackle them by acting as though I'm at a normal restaurant, where I'd have a starter of say spring rolls, duck and salad, a main of curry with rice or noodles, some salt and pepper chicken, and then a small dessert. I also try to avoid having any fizzy drinks so just order a bottle of water between me and the OH because that's cheaper anyway.

Even though those four courses are still much more than I'd eat on a normal day, having it structured in a way helps to not go mental. If I've not managed to fit it in with those courses then I don't eat it. Simple as. Anyways, enough with me going on, have yourself a good time and I'm sure you'll enjoy yourself :) x

Thank you Tweekgirl! I'm going to do what you suggest, I don't think there is a dessert section and we have to order from the table not go up to a buffet thing so hopefully that will help to control things a bit better. I feel a lot more in control. Also I know that if I only have 5 syns a day before and after the dinner I should be ok. Chinese is my weakness. It's funny I haven't had chocolate in about 3 weeks and I don't miss it but certain junk food I miss quite a bit, it's about having a little bit of the bad and a lot of the good too.

Had a good day today, had a green day, they're pretty easy because you still get a fair amount of meat. For the next couple of days I'm going to have extra easy days but be conscious of the third super free part of the plate because I often let that slip. We are going from Sunday to Thursday so weigh in won't be until Friday. I'm not going to use it as an excuse to go off the plan but try and keep to it as much as possible.

It's very difficult to focus to one area, but do things that works your legs! Running, and cycling are smart ways. I reccomend cycle riding, Mis friend rode 2 kilometers every day for a month and her legs were a lot skinnier!!
're ri
Ha, it wasnt meant seriously. You're right though cycling is very good for the legs.

We are away with family for part of the week. So not in control of food but it's ok so I'll eat less at meals, also we are eating out a bit so a bit of damage control.

Ooooh good luck! I am lucky that I am vegan and skint, which is a 'get out of jail free' card for any social situations including food. I take my own food with me to places and avoid eating out as I can't afford it, and I refuse to pay meat eaters prices for b*****y jacket potato or chips or some other average food. It must be hard making the right choice eating out as you don't know how they cook things, and if there is secret ingredients or oil hidden.

I am having a 100% week this week (unlike last week:rolleyes: ) how did you do last week?

Last week wasn't too bad lost one and a half pounds which was good. To be honest we went out for lunch and I didn't choose right. I'm seeing it as my holiday and will deal with the guilt and consequences when I get home. We are doing a lot of walking and I'm having the trusty weetabix in the morning. Out in Birmingham tomorrow so will try and make a good choice because we are having Chinese tomorrow at the OH aunts.

So we're back from our little trip around England seeing the OH family before Christmas. I haven't been good with the whole food thing but hey ho. As of tomorrow I'm back on it and I've got a good two weeks of no planned meals out so all should be OK. I'm not weighing tomorrow to see the damage because sometimes I find that this has devestating effects on my head mainly- ah stuff it you've ruined it now. So onwards and upwards tomorrow.

And I don't mean spend pounds on xmas shopping either!!! although it is 'apparently' good exercise, I chose to do my allotment instead as its much cheaper, and much more forgiving.

Ha tell me about it I've got a job for two weeks before Christmas with 29 4 to 5 year olds so I'm thinking body magic.
Today was good did have my 10 syns but it's ok, food has been good lots of speed foods. I think in going to have an extra easy day tomorrow and just make sure that I have those free and speed foods in the third of my plate. Feeling confident this week.

Had a really good day today, it's nice being back in control and back on plan. I even resisted the free lindt and christmas cake tasters in Sainsburys. Having a bit of a sweet craving this evening I'm ignoring it though. I think i've done well on my third free on the plate I've been using veg to bulk it out. Hmmmm happy skinny legs today.

Another good day today. We went for a walk in the forest today, didn't get far though because it was so boggy. It was a bit of a wake up call though because I did walk for life in the summer and I struggled with a 3 mile walk. So I really need to start exercising properly! We went to the OH to see them and although I got offered biscuits and chocolate I said no took a banana instead. Really happy that I'm on track and in the right frame of mind.

That's great stuff SkinnyLegs, being able to say no to free sweets and chocolates is by far one of the hardest things to do, but after the first time it just gets easier. Keep it up, you're doing fantastic :) x

Thank you Tweekegirl.
Had a real sweet craving this evening so had some biscuits they work out as 2 for 3 syns so I had 4, it was worth it.
The OH is being great this week he's home from work so is doing most of the cooking and he's keeping it slimming world style. Had chicken and apricot stew tonight it was 2.5 syns- Do other people use their syns on meals or do you simply use them for snacks?
I'm finding fitting breakfast in a bit hard at the moment to be honest it's because I cant be bothered to get up earlier but i'll work around it.

I hate this weather it just makes me want to eat crap food and especially it being near Christmas with all the sweets. We went food shopping after tea and I just wanted to fill up on mince pies And rubbish. Oh well just got to keep up the no's. I've gone slightly over my syns today had some quality street at school because they had been left and I needed a pick me up then when I came in I had a haribo grab bag, tbh I could have gone completely of course and eaten chocolate and anything in sight. Weigh in tomorrow fingers crossed for a loss.

We went food shopping after tea and I just wanted to fill up on mince pies And rubbish.

I think all of Christmas this year I've eaten two mince pies :( I need to up my game - might just have a day where my entire calorie allowance is made up of mince pies haha I love them that much. Good luck with your weigh-in tomorrow! x

I've been restrained because one would use my daily allowance of syns plus I'll have some on Christmas day! I wonder how many you could eat with your daily calories?
I lost two pounds which I'm chuffed with, I'm the lightest ive been for about a year- I'll look it up later.
Didn't have a good day food wise because I'm tired I know it's no excuse but hey ho.

Ooooh great result! you did well considering you feel rubbish. I haven't had any mince pies yet, am saving it for xmas week - I am going to have to be off plan moast of that week, got 4 xmas dinners (!!! work, OH's parents, freinds, my mum - eeek!) plus 5 nights out...I thought I will 'save' all of the naughty stuff (like mince pies, chocs etc) for that week, as it will be crap for weigh in next week either way...I'd rather enjoy it all, then draw a line under it on 1st January.

Back