wishing for skinny legs

Oh dear so I completely derailed.
Onwards and upwards I'm going to try and pull it back. Christmas party on Wednesday which I could do without before weigh in but if I can be good up to it and choose wisely Wednesday then the damage shouldn't be too bad.

It can be done - one week I went on a 24 hour pub crawl and was slugging back ciders by the pint...then a bottle of rum!!! And I still lost 0.5lb somehow?? must have been the exercise but I was super, super good on the days I wasn't drinking all day so maybe that counts?

Hopefully I'll pull it back. I'll keep my syns low during the week. It should be good. You're doing really well, I hope you get a good loss this week.

Had pasta for lunch and i've only had 4 syns today, i'm going to keep it at this. I also said no to ice cream!! Getting back into the no habit.
I was reading a thread about Christmas earlier and how the person is writing off the next two weeks. Christmas is a hard time, we're Italian and food is a massive part of our lives it's how we celebrate, how we show love and sometimes how we deal with the bad times, but I couldn't do two weeks off because I know I would use it as an excuse to eat anything in sight. My run up to Christmas goes like this, Wednesday- Work christmas dinner. Friday- Christmas dinner with friends and then Sunday OH birthday meal out, but I'm going to try and look at the menu for this before hand. On these nights I'm going to try not to blow it and then over the christmas period try not to go mental. Then as from the 1st of January I'm back on it and I'm going to introduce more exercise into my life.

I'm having to write off a week - which is xmas week - as i have 4 xmas dinners to go to (!!!) that week plus lots of boozing. Then NYE on monday after which is always a big, big one for me - am going to bristol though so won'ty be drinking too heavily as I'll have to be fit for driving on the 2nd...I don't think i'll do too badly, if I food optimise between meals/days when I'm off. Got lots of exercise to do so at least that might help ;)

I said no to mince pies earlier ;) and vegan cream. Had some berries instead, and only half of the nut roast presented to me, so didn't do bad tonight - i figured this is good damage limitation :) heres hoping for some good results for us all next week, all doing so well!! x

Skinny legs, you are doing great! I am the same - would love to write off the next few weeks but know i will just go crazy if I do. On xmas I have every intention of eating potato salad, cake, ham etc. But also try and have plenty of salad to fill up on, and tastes of the rest :) You have a busy week ahead though :) All the best. xx

Thank you both of you.
M- well done for saying no, it makes life a tad awkward at times but people get used to it.
Itoy- thank you, it's all about self control, though this is all well said and done.
Today i nearly blew it, chocolate spread bottle open finger hovering dangerously close until my mum said, "what are you doing?"- sabotage?
Have only had 4 syns today, found out that we might be going out for the OH brothers birthday in the night because the OH might be able to get the weekend off. This usually ends in a curry.
Hoping for a maintain or a small loss this week.

Today i nearly blew it, chocolate spread bottle open finger hovering dangerously close until my mum said, "what are you doing?"- sabotage?

Lol I can picture this, good job your mum came in!

For the curry, don't worry too much about it. If you know where you're going, can you choose what you'll have before hand so you can count the syns? Otherwise opt for the tomato based curries rather than the creamy ones like Korma, Pasanda ect. Hope you have a great time :) x

Hey yeah not bad, put on half a pound this week which wasn't too bad. I've been off plan for a couple of days but I'm not going mental to be honest.

Thank you Paul, I'm going to have a wonder over to your later.

Well Christmas is over and my diet took a battering over Christmas however I am back in control today, however the 31st and the 1st are a bit of a write off. I say write off but I'm going to be careful on the 1st- steak and chips- slimming world chips?
I've got food coming today- thank you tesco for your free delivery voucher! So a clean fridge full of healthy food apart from the OH muller rice, therefore I should be ok.
My cupboards seem to be full of chocolate, biscuits and chocolate- Christmas gifts.

I've also decided that as of the 2nd January to start cycling again, I used to cycle miles years ago but for one reason or another gave it up so alas one lovely bike and all the gear, yes I am a lycra junkie. So these thighs will be clad in lycra- god help anyone who follows behind.

Today is a newish start, with a green day.

Oh and before I go I hope everyone had a lovely Christmas.

I suspect a vast majority of us did relax over Christmas, it's getting back on plan that counts :)

I had two days 'off' without going too mad and excessive. Been back on plan since the 27th and feeling good about that.

Hope it's not too cold for the cycling :)

Had a good day yesterday and I think my body is thanking me for it. I'm still scared to stand on the scales to see exactly what the damage is!
Today was a bit tougher, I went home and there was lots of Christmas stuff still hanging about and also I'm having a green day so I couldn't pick at the ham or the turkey but oh well. I did say no however and only had one quality street when I felt like having the tin.
I was reading someones diary yesterday and they wrote about the whole, "I've tried hard all week and I've put on." conversation that happens in group and how it often transpires that they've picked at bad things or have used things that have happened in their week to make them reach for the chocolate, crisps or chips. It just made me think that we all have hurdles that we have to get over and one of those things is not using food as a crutch. It also makes me realise that I don't miss that aspect of group the sympathy and advice you're meant to dish out when you know they've had take aways and so on. Though saying that I miss other aspects, the advice and the whole being their together and going through it together too. Though most importantly the stickers and the clapping like a loon.
Dinner tonight is spag bol i'm using the mince as a healthy extra, it's nice to have the choice of 4 healthy extras on a green day.

Nice entry to your diary SL :)

If I'm really honest (and it's probably to my detriment) I have little sympathy for those who whine about putting on or STS when it transpires that they've picked and not stuck to plan etc.. SW works if you stick to plan...stick to plan and you'll lose..It's that simple isn't it? I used to want to say to those people in group - "If you know you haven't stuck to plan then why be frustrated if you've put on?".. This isn't easy for any of us. If I constantly lose weight each week it's because I do it properly. If your hexA is cheese then it's 30g, not 32 or 33....Actually, I'm gonna shut up now lol, I'll get myself into trouble :)

Glad to know I'm not alone in all this..Keep up the good work you're doing and stay focussed x

mandlegrot- You get used to having only 2 healthy extras, when i'm on a green day I tend to use my healthy extra b's on meat.

Paul- I know exactly what you mean, though I have to admit being one of those who has 31g of cheese now and again. I don't think I could be a consultant because I would be too frank with people and would probably have lots of no shows.

Today is going well, having another green day but using my healthy extras on meat. I'm out tonight so I'm being good all day and i'm going to try and stay away from party food tonight- wish me luck.

The OH parent's bought round more Christmas presents last night, chocolate, fruit pastel tubes and terry's chocolate orange. In the cupboard of doom they go. OH had pastels for breakfast- how does he not put weight on?

The OH parent's bought round more Christmas presents last night, chocolate, fruit pastel tubes and terry's chocolate orange. In the cupboard of doom they go. OH had pastels for breakfast- how does he not put weight on?

Don't let it bother you..My OH is slim yet eats all the crap in the world...and often too but I have now stopped feeling sorry for myself regarding not being able to do that myself, eat 'rubbish' all day and stay slim that is. Hey, it doesn't mean they are healthy inside ;)

I've had a good five days with a little small trip off the wagon tonight but nothing drastic..Not really looking forward to weigh in next week, 101 new starters and all lol -One suspects I'll be centre of attention when the consultant will (no doubt) point toward my first week loss as an example of what can be done .. hmmm :(

Anyhoo - HAPPY NEW YEAR...Let's make a pact to send each other messages next NYE and compare before and after pics...deal ?

Well I stepped on the scales, finally maned up and to be quite frank thought how bad can it be? I couldn't believe the number. So over Christmas I have put on 6.5 lbs!
There is no one else to blame apart from me and my greedy ways. So from today there is nothing coming up that I can use as excuse to come off the plan. I'm also starting to exercise, no bingo wings here. I do feel slightly sick about putting that much on but it's time to move on and lose this Christmas weight.
Thinking about my initial targets I will get there and I wont be having the whole dressing room saga of not being able to fit into what I would like to wear. So I essentially have 8 months to do this in, easy eh!

Paul- that's a lot of new starters, I received a text from my consultant from my old group with the whole new year text, it did make me think about going back but to be honest I'm doing well on my own (ignoring Christmas obviously). I do miss certain aspects like the whole support thing but to be honest this site is brilliant at offering support. How long have you been back on plan?
I'll keep to that pact by the way.

So i'm off to start my extra easy day then taking down the Christmas tree late and half an hour on the turbo trainer tonight.

Good on ya - I'm expecting the same, if not more, of a gain at weigh in tonight but do you know what? I enjoyed myself, and I learnt a lot about triggers and things I can and can't moderate!! So I feel much more prepared for xmas next year :)

I have been looking forward to going back on plan actually...being structured and having a reason to say 'no' and not having people go 'come on, its xmas'. That weight will come off before you know it - and you won't look back :)

Back