Witchy's weightloss/food diary

This weekend is going to be very tough, we've a friend from New Zealand arriving today, and are hosting a party in his honour tomorrow. Tonight is sorted food wise, we're taking him for a curry. But it's healthy curry, it's vegan! It's kinda a curry buffet, you get to choose 3 different curries, and get 3 different rices, dahl and a chapatti. And they do smaller plates for kids, so that's what I'll have.
Tomorrow I'm cooking, so that should be okay, but I'll be surrounded by beer, not so good. I just hope I'll be able to resist, cause I know from past experience all it takes is 1 beer and all self control goes flying out of the window.:eek:
Wish me luck!

So today's menu is:

Breakfast: Porridge & Fruit

Lunch: Muller Rice

Tea: Curry, rice and chapatti

Snack: Rice Cakes

Total: 1170 (aprox)

Well I survived yesterday okay despite visiting 3 pubs with our guest after our meal. Phew.;)
Today I'm cooking Veg Stew with Dumplings, nice & filling to soak up all the booze.

So today's menu is:

Breakfast: Porridge & fruit

Lunch: Muller Rice

Tea: Veg Stew (I'll be giving the dumplings a miss)

Total: 860*

*It gives me some wriggle room just in case I give in & have a drink.

Well Saturday went okay, I managed to stay away from the beer so apart from half a samosa I was quite proud of myself.
Sunday was another story.:eek: It started off okay, my usual porridge for brekkie and I had a Greek salad in the pub for lunch, and I left most if the feta!
Then once everyone had left & I started tidying up I found the half bag of crisps and the opened packets of cookies.:eek::eek::eek:
So yesterday was a right-off.:mad:

Back to it today tho.

So today's menu will be:

Breakfast: Porridge & Fruit

Lunch: Meal replacement shake

Tea: Lentil Dahl with brown rice

Total: 1090

Did okay yesterday. But still feel bloated from my Sunday pig out.:eek:

Today's menu:

Tea: Polenta with lemony chickpeas & asparagus

Snack: Rice cakes

Total: 700

Todays menu:

Breakfast: Porridge with fruit

Tea: Veg Chili with Quinoa

Total: 890

Todays menu:

Tea: Cajun stew with rice

Total: 930

This is probably that last post for just over a week (unless I can get online via my DH's blackberry). We're off to Germany tomorrow to work a Games Show for a friend who's a board game designer. Hard work but fun.;)

So today's menu:

Tea: Tofu & veg stir fry with rice.

Snack: Rice cakes.

Total: 1000

Wish me luck!

hey hun good luck!! hope you have a fabulous time and well done on the calories!! sounds great and sticking to it amazingly! :) keep up the good work, but go and enjoy yourself xxx

I'm back! We got home v late last night after a epic drive. We had a great time meeting up with friends we only get to see once a year at the show. And I managed to limit my drinking to 1 G & T a night. Eating healthy in Germany when you're a veggie is not easy, so I've eaten rather too much cheese. But somehow I've managed to loose 4lb!:D It must have been the 9 hour days on the stand.

Anyway todays menu is:

Breakfast: 2oz gouda cheese (it has to be eaten:rolleyes:)

Lunch: Meal repacement shake

Tea:

Yesterday was a bit of a struggle. It's hard to get back into the swing after a holiday. But I made a big pan of Carrot & Lentil soup, nice & filling & not many calories. Trouble is I'm PMS'ing atm, so I'm craving choccie like you wouldn't believe.:( Not given in yet tho.

Todays Menu:

Tea: Carrot & Lentil Soup

Total: 900

Keep it up Witchypoo your doing great!

Just had a look at the Food Focus website and have signed up, seems a great way of keep track of your cals!

Looking forward to seeing your progress over the following weeks :)

Well I've put all the weight back on.:cry:

I suffer from seasonal depression, but this year it's hit me harder than ever before. In the past I've controlled it with exercise & St Johns Wort. But the St J W did nothing for me last year and the exercise is out cause my ankle is still bad. I'm waiting for physio on that.
So I've finally admitted I need help & I've been to the Dr's this morning. She confirmed I suffer from SAD & has prescribed some antidepressants. Apparently they take 2 weeks to get into my system, but I should notice a difference after that.
Till then I'm going to try, yet again, to take control of my life and get to grips with my compulsive eating.
Wish me luck.

Good luck witchypoo!!! You can get there, we're all behind you 100%!!! x

Back