Wolf's SW Journey to lose 8 stone (2st gone)

Weighing day was yesterday and I stayed the same. Meh.

I didn't exactly expect a big loss because of the 5 lb last week but I had felt like I'd lost something. Scales said no though. My head's not in this at the moment and I need to give myself a bloody good talking to! I haven't been "bad" this week but I haven't been "good" either and I guess that's showing. I've have had two lunches "out" (yesterday and Wednesday) as I was rushing around and had to grab something quick).

Here are my goods and bads:

THE BAD:

1. My water intake has dropped. A lot. I WAS drinking a couple of litres over the day, previously, but this last week there's been days when I haven't even had one glass. To the extent that I've had the occassional dehydration headache. Bad. Bad. Bad!
2. I've been skipping lunches again. I know that slows my weight loss but I just seem to lose track of time and then think "oh it's so late I might as well wait for dinner". MUST EAT LUNCH!
3. This week I've had more porridge for breakfasts, rather than my usual smoothies. Even though it's syn'd, the porridge has more added sugar (honey) and is more stodgy. Might just be coincidence but will have more smoothies next week.
4. Just probably not eating enough in general (who would have thought that could be a problem!!).
5. Been slacking a little with writing down all my food. I've mostly done so on here but that's generally my planned meals, done in the morning. I used to always have a pen and paper list too, which catches any small additions during the day.

THE GOOD:

1. Dinners have been good. Lots of stews and casseroles with lean meat and speed veg.
2. I haven't let one bad meal (ie lunch out) throw me out for the rest of the day with a "what the hell, day's already ruined" attitude.
3. Meal planing is on pointe. Planning dinners a week ahead keeps me organised.

Right. Now I know what I need to do/not do so this week is going to be better. :)

Oh and, from today, I'm also starting to measure myself every week when I do my weighing. I think this will help give me a more overall idea of how I'm doing, especially when I do manage to start exercising.

Measurements 02/02/17:

Chest: 118cm
Upper Arm: 45cm
Waist: 120cm
Hips: 126cm
Upper Thigh: 71cm

Menu for today:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Banana, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Leftover Irish Stew

Dinner:
Friday night fakeaway: Homemade beef burger on wholemeal roll (HeB) with spicy wedges and salad (2 syns for marg, 3 syns for mayo, 1 syn for chilli sauce)

Snacks:
Fruit, Oreo icecream (6.5 syns)

Total syns: 13.5

At least it wasn't a gain, and like you said, big loss last week!

It's good that you'd put a list of good/bad things you've done. That's a good idea and will give u something to aim for for the week :)

I've been off plan for nearly 2 weeks due to holiday and then illness and I can't wait to get back on it. If I'm feeling well enough tomorrow I might make SW chilli for tea, one of my faves.

I just feel so bloated.

I'm also gonna try and up my water intake again. Did this before my holiday and it make me feel really good.

Good luck for this week! X

Thanks Katy :D Feels good to have my head in the right place again today. It makes things much easier.

Food for today:

Breakfast:
Fruit salad

Lunch:
Smoked salmon on wholemeal roll (HeB) with Philadelphia cheese (HeA) and salad

Dinner:
Homemade chicken curry

Snacks:
Fruit, coffee (4 syns), herbal tea with honey (2 syns)

Total syns: 6

Pleased to say that my water intake has improved muchly over the the last couple of days and I'm now back to drinking around 2 litres of water a day. I feel much better for it too! :)

Having a bit of a "fishy" day today as I'd planned a slow-cooked meal for dinner today but forgot to defrost the meat last night so I've had to switch today and tomorrow's dinners! Here's today's food:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: two bananas, almond milk (most of HeA) and cocoa (1 syn)

Lunch:
Smoked makerel (3 syns) with wholemeal roll (HeB) and salad (2 syns for marg)

Dinner:
Hake fillets with mixed veg, new potatoes and white sauce (4 syns)

Snacks:
Fruit, coffee (rest of HeA and 2 syns for sugar)

Total syns: 12

I should eat more fish, but I find it just doesn't fill me up. I don't know if it's a psychological thing or what?
I do like Hake though. I might do myself fish for lunch tomorrow. Yum!

Wow, the latest SW magazine is super motivational! Not only has it got quite a lot of people who have lost around the same (huge) amount of weight that I'm trying to lose (8/9 stone) but it's actually got some nice recipes in that I might try. :D

I want to start having a bit of a wardrobe spring clean today if I get time. I have so many clothes in so many sizes so I'm going to get rid of ones that I don't completely love, no matter what size they are!

Here's today's menu:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Almond milk (HexA), oats (half HexB), hazelnuts (half HexB), banana and cocoa (1 syn)

Lunch:
Leftover chicken curry

Dinner:
Slow cooked Jambalaya (5.5 syns)

Snacks:
Fruit, cold meatballs & chilli sauce (1 syn), herbal tea with honey (2 syns)

Total syns: 9

Looking forward to dinner, I love Jambalaya! :D

I should eat more fish, but I find it just doesn't fill me up. I don't know if it's a psychological thing or what?
No, I agree with you, fish doesn't seem as filling. I always have to do more veg etc to bulk it out. I try to have fish at least a couple of times a week. For some reason this week I seem to have planned lots of fish and seafood meals. I love it though so it's all good! :)

Failed at the wardrobe clear out yesterday. I ended up carting my daughter around most of the day, mostly to and from work. Silly chef hours. I'll be doing much the same today. I can't wait until she gets her drivers licence! As soon as she's driving, OH and I will be going back to the gym so that's also something to look forward to. It's too awkward at the moment as she starts and finishes work at all sorts of odd hours and fitting a gym routine around that ended up being impossible!

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Almond milk (HexA), oats (half HexB), hazelnuts (half HexB), banana and cocoa (1 syn)

Lunch:
Leftover Jambalaya (5.5 syns)

Dinner:
Slow cooked chicken and mushroom casserole with new potatoes (1 syn for cornflour)

Snacks:
Fruit, herbal tea with honey (2 syns)

Total syns: 9.5

That's the trouble I have. I work in a supermarket and can work any time between 6am and 11pm, 7 days a week, plus I don't drive. So finding time when my hubby and me can go to the gym/swimming is almost impossible. People don't realise how hard it is to try and stick to any sort of routine when you do shift work!

Finally managed to do my wardrobe clear-out today. Got rid of a few things that I know I won't ever wear again and was reminded how many bloody amazing clothes I have in size 10/12! Because that's my "happy" size, I've always bought more and better clothes when I fit into size 10, whereas when I'm larger sizes I try to only buy the absolute minimum amount of clothes. I've also got loads of lovely things I bought on my last trip to America, after I'd started SW the first time. I'd lost quite a bit before my holiday so bought all the "souvenir" clothes in size 10/12. Then life got complicated and I stopped going to SW. So, all those clothes are STILL waiting for me!! :rolleyes:

I even found a bikini shoved at the back of a drawer . . . which hasn't seen the light of day for about 16 years lol. :p

I also discovered that I might have a jeans addiction! :eek: I've always been very much a jeans and t-shirt type girl so my collection of both jeans and t-shirts is quite . . . large. Added to that is the fact that I never throw away a pair of jeans that I like unless it's literally worn out.

Just for fun, I counted my jeans and this is the result! o_O

3 x pairs at size 18
7 x pairs at size 16
3 x pairs at size 14
3 x pairs at size 12
4 x pairs at size 10

:rolleyes:

I'm definitely going to chuck out clothes, specifically jeans, as soon as they get too loose. My favourite size 18 jeans, which were so tight around the waist they actually hurt are now very loose so another half stone to a stone and I think I'll be back in size 16's. :)

Anyhoo, here's today's menu:

Breakfast:

Lunch:
Cold grilled chicken with a bit of mayo (2 syns) and some fruit

Dinner:
Seafood risotto. Not a SW recipe but it sounds nice so hopefully the syns are worth it (6.5 syns)

Snacks:

Total syns: 11.5

That is a LOT of jeans!!! lmao! I hate clothes shopping so I have almost no clothes, I have like 1 pair of jeans, 2 jeggins, 1 leggins, work stuff, then tops, LOL. I think I'd like it more if I could shop in clothes shops that don't charge a fortune lol.

Good job on clearing it out though! :) I need to give mine a tidy but can never be bothered haha

Weighing day today! :)

Weight loss this week: 3 lbs

Measurements 09/02/17:

Chest: 118cm Weekly loss: 0cm Total loss: 0cm
Upper Arm: 43cm Weekly loss: 2cm Total loss: 2cm
Waist: 119cm Weekly loss: 1cm Total loss: 1cm
Hips: 123cm Weekly loss: 3cm Total loss: 3cm
Upper Thigh: 70cm Weekly loss: 1cm Total loss: 1cm

I'm really happy with that and glad that I started doing measurements last week as that's giving me a much more rounded idea of my overall weight loss. I'm a fraction away from my Club 10 now so I'm really hoping to hit both that and my 2 stone next week. :D

Having a bit of a treat for dinner tonight and making a cheesy Two Chubby Cubs recipe! I don't eat SW sausages so I only ever have sausage occassionally because of the high syns. Proper treat night! :)

Breakfast:
Porridge oats (HexB) with almond milk (1.5 syns), honey (2 syns) and fresh fruit

Lunch:
Fruit salad

Dinner:
Sausage gnocchi bake (8 syns and HexA)

Snacks:

Total syns: 13.5

Well done on the 3lb loss!! :D And the measurement thing is fab. I really need to do this. I'll do it tomorrow I think and start doing it every Wednesday along with WI.

I don't usually like low fat sausages, but I tried the Porky Lights earlier this week, and honestly they are SO nice. £3 at Asda, but totally worth it. I made casserole, but I imagine they would be really nice in anything really.

Fingers crossed for your 2 stone and Club 10 next week! :)

Menu for today:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Two bananas, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Fruit salad

Dinner:
Friday night fakeaway: Homemade beef burger on wholemeal roll (HeB) with SW chips and salad (2 syns for marg, 3 syns for chilli sauce)

Snacks:
Fruit, herbal tea with honey (2 syns), market stall latte (no idea, saying 7 syns)

Total syns: 15

Last edited:
Menu for today:

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Two bananas, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HeA)

Lunch:
Fruit salad

Dinner:
Friday night fakeaway: Homemade beef burger on wholemeal roll (HeB) with SW chips and salad (2 syns for marg, 3 syns for chilli sauce)

Snacks:

Total syns: 8

That's what I'm making for dinner tomorrow (burgers)! Great minds xxxx

@itsGCbaby can't beat homemade burgers, they're the best! :)

OH and I went out last night. There are was an artist type light display in Cambridge so we spent a couple of hours wandering around the city centre looking at it all. It was bloody freezing though and kept trying to snow so we eventually had to get a coffee from a market stall just to warm up. I've got no idea how many syns it would be. It was a medium sort of cup size and I added some sugar. I'm calling it 7 syns because, looking in the book, coffee shop type lattes are around 8-10 syns and this was smaller than those. I am proud of myself though as all the market stalls had piles of cakes and brownies on them and I resisted them all. Didn't have anything! Go me.

Today I had to pop to Asda to get some bits and thought that I'd treat myself to a small pudding or something (since I managed to resist all that cake last night!). In the end I grabbed a couple of those tiny little Gü cheesecake deserts, figuring it would probably be about 10 syns. Nope. Not even close. This tiny little, gone in two spoons desert costs a whopping 18 syns!!!

As I told my OH, it better be absolutely f'ing amazing, like the best desert in the world. Seriously, I want to see rainbows and sparkly unicorns when I eat this thing!!!

Here's today food. Syns will now be 7.5 over (thanks Gü) so I will balance those out over the next couple of days.

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Two bananas, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (most of HexA)

Lunch:
Hard boiled egg and wholemeal roll (HexB) with some salady bits (2 syns for marg)

Dinner:
Slow-cooked chicken and mushroom casserole (1.5 syns)

Snacks:
Fruit, Gü pudding (gulp, 18 syns)

Total syns: 22.5

OMG! hahaha 18 syns!??? It's mental. Hope it is nice!!!
haha it WAS good, not sure it was quite worth 18 syns though! :eek:

I re-subscribed for another 3 months of SW Online last week and they've sent me a new recipe book free with my subscription . .

Slimming-World-FREE-EASY-Book-NEW-February.jpg

It has a few nice recipes in it so might try some when I do my next lot of meal plans. :D

Here's today's food. Going to save a few syns over the next couple of days to make up for that pudding!

Breakfast:
Smoothie: Two bananas, cocoa (1 syn) and almond milk (HexA)

Lunch:
Smoked mackerel (3 syns) with wholemeal roll (HexB) and salad (2 syns for marg)

Dinner:
Steak, SW chips and grilled mushrooms (1 syn for ketchup)

Snacks:

Total syns: 9

When it comes to making SW chips . . . these two bits of kit are my absolute lifesavers! :D

12016_1
Duronic-AF1-_B-Healthy-Oil-Free-1500W-Air-Fryer-Multicooker2.jpg

Back