Woman of the Year 2012

We are nominating tonight. I can't go to my normal group which will obviously make things harder for me to choose!

Ours is over and done with now! I was nominated :) winner was announced last week but our C gave all the nominees etc flowers.
Good luck to anyone nominated!

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I won it last year because I think I am always coming up with new recipes etc. As I am the same weight now as I was year ago and am still not at target, if I get nominated again it certainll wont be on performance lol!

Hi there stivesliz, just keep going and you will get to target just you wait and see. Judging by your posts on here though I am not suprised you won last year, you are very supportive,informative, and inspirational from what I gather from your posts. Hope you are nominated again :)

Hey just found out I've been nominated (no idea how).... Anyway my c said I need to write my story :s to anyone who has been nominated before do I have to actually write it down? What happens next? Im so nervous!!

We're doing this I think nominations are next week. I know who I'm gonna vote for because she is a nice girl, always asks how you've done, makes convo, and she's about the same size as me and lost about the same but seems to be a lot busier in her job than I am so she does well!!

But I don't know how it works does the consultant choose the nominees?

I think the reason that you write your story is that if you are entered as a group winner to the National Finals SW can then tell your story! Also it's good to inspire new members who possibly don't know you. Good luck, I won "Man of the year" in my group and was entered into the finals but fell at the 1st round..........only lost 6.5 stone!
Pete

I think the reason that you write your story is that if you are entered as a group winner to the National Finals SW can then tell your story! Also it's good to inspire new members who possibly don't know you. Good luck, I won "Man of the year" in my group and was entered into the finals but fell at the 1st round..........only lost 6.5 stone!
Pete
Only?? Its an amazing amount and I don't think the awards should just be based on the largest amount lost x

Only?? Its an amazing amount and I don't think the awards should just be based on the largest amount lost x

Me neither - isn't that the whole point of Slimmer of the Week/Month/Year..? Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of all of these different awards, I just think that not all of them should focus on weight loss alone.

well we did our voting last night and there was 6 of us up for it, although i have the biggest loss i don't think that it wiill be me that is winning it this year!! but very best of luck to all winners and to all those who win xx

noms were last week and i think our C is giving us another week of noms. i think she's going to let people nominated do their story. she didn't do that last year- i won outright but no one fitted criteria. i was the only one with 3 stone+ loss (3 st 3 the week i won, i lost 4lb that week too!) but i was still at 19st 4lb so didn't fit in criteria :(

yes its for the woman that inspire us most, its an amazing award and all woman that win it deseve greatly. last years woman of the year carol wright lost an amazing 19st 10lb

Whoever wins this year will have massive shoes to fill! Caz is one of the most amazing women I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. She's helped me with my last stone and the art of being at target.

Ive heard her story a few times and every time i've started blubbing!! :eek:

Hey just found out I've been nominated (no idea how).... Anyway my c said I need to write my story :s to anyone who has been nominated before do I have to actually write it down? What happens next? Im so nervous!!

I don't know how you'd go about it but good luck with it! must be hard to get everything down!!

I quite agree Emsie, but ultimately the person who wins is a free advertising for Slimming World machine, so they need to have a good back story and have lost a phenomenal amount of weight, just to prove the plan works. Not that I am suggesting that 6.5 stone isn't a phenomenal amount of weight to lose, but when you are competing against people who have lost 10-15 stone or more, your cardboard cutouts of before and after aren't going to be half as dramatic and it does go against you.

So theres hope for me yet? ;)
It's basically the person who's had a biggest life change i suppose- as well as someone who is inspirational etcetc. of course -someone with a massive loss has an advantage because they might have been in a worse place- either physically, mentally or any other way. :)

loolahoop said:
sorry if i sound thick...but what is this? it was breifly mentioned last week and we r supposed to be nominating this week...but who do we nominate? who has lost the most weight? x

I was wondering what it was too go to group nothing has been said

Princess_Stevie said:
Me neither - isn't that the whole point of Slimmer of the Week/Month/Year..? Don't get me wrong, I love the idea of all of these different awards, I just think that not all of them should focus on weight loss alone.

Agree I stay to group every week bring in cooking samples etc you have got to put the effort in some just weigh and go if your just gonna do that you may as well be spending the 5 a week on a good set of scales

noms were last week and i think our C is giving us another week of noms. i think she's going to let people nominated do their story. she didn't do that last year- i won outright but no one fitted criteria. i was the only one with 3 stone+ loss (3 st 3 the week i won, i lost 4lb that week too!) but i was still at 19st 4lb so didn't fit in criteria :(

whats the criteria that you have to fulfil?

we are nominating this week in group, my mum thinks i have a good chance of being nominated having lost over 6 stone in a year, tho i said "its not about loosing the most weight"

i won the groups "miss slinky" in nov 2011, and i got flowers and wine!

to go through to the regionals you have to have if at target got to target within the last year and have a bmi of 25 or no more than a stone over a bmi of 25

to go through to the regionals you have to have if at target got to target within the last year and have a bmi of 25 or no more than a stone over a bmi of 25

yep- this.

and a min. of 3 stone loss.
i think you have to have lost a stone from the year before too....

so like i lost 3st 3lb by this time last year, so i would have to have needed to lose 4st 3lb in total to qualify.....

but you can be group winner and not fit criteria x

find out tomorrow who the winner is in our group, i won it last year so very much doubt it will be me again, people know i won it last year and from what i am aware its only me and one other girl who would be able to go through to the regionals anyways .. there was 6 of us up for it one person had lost 12lb, one 2.5st, one 4st, one 6.5st and then me with 7.5st at the minute

I was joint voted my groups woman of the year today (there was a tie so 2 of us got it) x x so happy x x everyone who was nominated deserved to win x x

I was voted Woman of the Year for my group earlier tonight. My C also said I meet the criteria so have the district finals on 8th September. Very excited - haven't stopped smiling yet!

Back