Woman of the Year 2012

well done to winners and good luck to nominees i am actually really nervous about tonight lol, although i know it won't be me lol, i am off to have my mop chopped this morning then off to the shopp to get the bits for taster evening

I cant believe it. I was nominated - and won (!!) - Woman of the Year at my group last night. Out of the 3 finalists, I was the person with the smallest loss, so it just goes to show it's not all about how much weight you have lost - it's the journey, not the destination. I feel so overwhelmed that people actually took the time to nominate me, such a nice feeling!

I don't meet the "criteria" so I won't be going any further than group winner, but that is enough for me! I am gob smacked that I was even voted for as there are so many worthy winners at my group. They all deserve an award, in my opinion, because without them and my consultant (and the lovely members of mini's) I'd never have gotten this far. I am on cloud 9 and won't be coming down any time soon!

Well done to all of the other winners, and good luck to those nominated. It's such a fantastic award!! :)

i should be getting a text off my C today......arrrrrrgh so nervous!! haha

well done stevie. Our final isn't until next week. just debating what to bring, i'm thinking some little chocolate orange cakes like i made for my son. 5 syns each for the big size ones so i might make them stretch further to make mini ones if i can find mini cases.

Thank you! Yum, the chocolate orange cakes sound nice. I took in 18 of BritMum's mini baked oreo cheesecakes, and they went down a storm!! They are sooo nice, and only 3.5 Syns each - the recipe was from her blog SlimmingEats.com :)

Princess_Stevie said:
Thank you! Yum, the chocolate orange cakes sound nice. I took in 18 of BritMum's mini baked oreo cheesecakes, and they went down a storm!! They are sooo nice, and only 3.5 Syns each - the recipe was from her blog SlimmingEats.com :)

I made them for my woman of the year meeting.... I twisted the Oreos to make 2 bases and added a sachet of options....made 12 at 2 syns each.... They were so yummy And everyone loved them!

Just found out I'm one of the nominees for our group - not sure when the winner will be announced. Do people vote again out of the nominees?

I definitely wouldn't go through to regionals as although I've lost nearly 4 stone, I am still too big, but I'm not expecting to win anyway! There's another woman nominated who has been there longer than me, and knows everyone, so she'll win. She's who I'd vote for!!

Just found out I'm one of the nominees for our group - not sure when the winner will be announced. Do people vote again out of the nominees?

I'm not entirely sure how it works, or if different consultants are doing it differently. At my group, me and two other lovely ladies were brought to the front of the group and asked to answer a couple of questions about our Slimming World experiences. Then I was announced as the winner. I think that it just went off the original votes as it never went back to the group to re-vote - I think the question & answer seemed more to inspire/motivate other members.

rachpid said:

I definitely wouldn't go through to regionals as although I've lost nearly 4 stone, I am still too big, but I'm not expecting to win anyway! There's another woman nominated who has been there longer than me, and knows everyone, so she'll win. She's who I'd vote for!!

At my group the nominees were asked to tell their story and then the group voted for the winner.
You'd be surprised how people vote.... I won this year after only been going for 16 weeks and going up against 2 target members who are on the social team.....

i didn't win this year lol i didn't think i would and in my heart i knew who would win, it was a lovely lady called annie who has lost 6st 5.5lb she celebrates her 40th birthday what a way to do it in style ah? well anyways good luck to all going through to the regionals i don't think any from our groups go through this year, you are in for an emotional ride so take the tissues x

At my group the nominees were asked to tell their story and then the group voted for the winner.
You'd be surprised how people vote.... I won this year after only been going for 16 weeks and going up against 2 target members who are on the social team.....

It just goes to show that it's not always about how long you've been going to group/how much weight you've lost. The other 2 lovely ladies who were up for the award had both lost a stone more than me and are both fantastic members! I was gobsmacked to find out that I had won as they were both worthy winners in my eyes.

One member told me she had voted for me because even though I have had some tough weeks and some gains along the way, I didn't give up and kept on coming to class and trying again. You can be nominated for any reason with this award, it's not just about weight loss which I think is really nice.

I won't be in the regionals because I don't meet the "criteria" but I am more than happy to have even been nominated, let alone won, my group heat! It's such an achievement so well done to everyone that was nominated! I can't thank my group enough for voting for me - it's given me that boost I needed. Now I'm even more determined to carry on and stay focused! :)

Princess_Stevie said:
It just goes to show that it's not always about how long you've been going to group/how much weight you've lost. The other 2 lovely ladies who were up for the award had both lost a stone more than me and are both fantastic members! I was gobsmacked to find out that I had won as they were both worthy winners in my eyes.

One member told me she had voted for me because even though I have had some tough weeks and some gains along the way, I didn't give up and kept on coming to class and trying again. You can be nominated for any reason with this award, it's not just about weight loss which I think is really nice.

I won't be in the regionals because I don't meet the "criteria" but I am more than happy to have even been nominated, let alone won, my group heat! It's such an achievement so well done to everyone that was nominated! I can't thank my group enough for voting for me - it's given me that boost I needed. Now I'm even more determined to carry on and stay focused! :)

I think I won because like you I go to class even after bad weeks, get involved offering loads of advice and recipes (many courtesy of here). I think my attitude is much more positive than any other time I've been on slimming world so I try to pass it on to other people.

Our WOTY is next week, I think theres only one person who can win it in our group. In 13 months shes lost 8 1/2 stone, she looks fab! She will definitly get my vote

rachpid said:

Well done piddles :) That's a few of our lot nominated then :D

ive just got the text- i've been nominated!!! squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :D :D :D :D

we do our "thing" (the talk) on tuesday and the winner gets announced after that1! omg! so nerveracking!!

i won it last year- with a 3 stone 3lb loss- and i had only been there less than 4 months and i didnt fit criteria as i was still weighing in at 19st 4lb. i was shocked to be voted in to be honest!

You are full of good news today Rochelle. You really deserved it. Well done!
Thanks! Xx

I'm the same won't go through to regionals. I'm 1lb away from 3 stone lol typical. But I'm still miles away from a healthy bmi anyway

I won our Woman of the Year title today, I am absolutely gobsmacked!!

Haven't a clue about any regional competitions?? Guess that mean's I haven't qualified then! I don't care though, means so much to have been nominated and won by voting by my friends :-D

Back