Woman of the Year 2012

I've just got back from holiday to find out that, in my absence, I have been nominated for Woman of the Year. I think there are another 4 women nominated too. I'm totally gobsmacked!! We find out who has won on 29th August I think.

:D

I won our Woman of the Year title today, I am absolutely gobsmacked!!

Haven't a clue about any regional competitions?? Guess that mean's I haven't qualified then! I don't care though, means so much to have been nominated and won by voting by my friends :-D

Your consultant would have given you a questionnaire to fill out has she/he? Mine did but I don't meet the criteria on it so don't see the point in filling it out lol x

WOTY hasnt been Mentioned in my Group :rolleyes:..we did have a Stand in Consultant on Wednesday Night as usual C was on Holiday so maybe thats why?

Well Done to all who have been Nominated or Won :D

Well done all nominees I won last year and went through to regionals, its a fantastic day getting dressed up and meeting all the other regional winners. Absolutely agree about taking tissues as its very emotional, me and my consultant were in tears lol

LindseyandMatthew said:
Well done all nominees I won last year and went through to regionals, its a fantastic day getting dressed up and meeting all the other regional winners. Absolutely agree about taking tissues as its very emotional, me and my consultant were in tears lol

What happens at the regionals?

What happens at the regionals?

All the regional finalists take along a storyboard of their journey with photos on and quotes or anything you like. You sit in a circle with the other nominees and you all have 5 minutes to tell your story. After everyone has had their 5 minutes the judges go off and pick their either 3 or 4 finalist, they then tell their story again and the regional winner is picked out of those.

Everyone gets dressed up and its a fantastic day. You also get your height and weight recorded and will be given a certificate too.

LindseyandMatthew said:
All the regional finalists take along a storyboard of their journey with photos on and quotes or anything you like. You sit in a circle with the other nominees and you all have 5 minutes to tell your story. After everyone has had their 5 minutes the judges go off and pick their either 3 or 4 finalist, they then tell their story again and the regional winner is picked out of those.

Everyone gets dressed up and its a fantastic day. You also get your height and weight recorded and will be given a certificate too.

Thanks for that. Sounds quite interesting/scary :)

I think the regionals sound mega scary I'd be proper nervous if I had to go to them. How do you get there if ya don't drive? I worry about stupid things like that!! And I hate attention on me I'm a terrible blusher lol

I think the regionals sound mega scary I'd be proper nervous if I had to go to them. How do you get there if ya don't drive? I worry about stupid things like that!! And I hate attention on me I'm a terrible blusher lol

My consultant drove me there and back, I think thats what they all do. I am soooo shy its unbelievable but honestly it was such a lovely feeling it was really nice :) Everyone was so friendly

Ahh- i was told last night (by a member, not my C) that target members don't qualify? Looking at your sig, that mustn't be true eh?

Doubt i'll lose another 6 stone 9 by next summer though, so i wont have an issue anyway lol

well done Shrimpy :D

sorry to bump up an old thread- but i just wanted to say

i shouldnt doubt myself because i totally DID lose 6 stone 9lb in the year! yaaaaaaaay!

i've been nominated for this year and myself and my fellow nominees do the talk on tuesday- and the vote and result is the same day! im so nervous :(

sorry to bump up an old thread- but i just wanted to say

i shouldnt doubt myself because i totally DID lose 6 stone 9lb in the year! yaaaaaaaay!

i've been nominated for this year and myself and my fellow nominees do the talk on tuesday- and the vote and result is the same day! im so nervous :(

Wow 10 stone loss is amazing!! Don't worry about the group talk, I bet you will be fab.

We had our WOTY today. I was nominated but didnt win but was so pleased for the member who did win. She really deserved it! The group talk was very low key, our c just asked us what made us decide to join up and a little about our history. We had a taster session as well which was good. It was a nice social event really, and had two new members. I went and sat next to one of them who was sitting on her own and she said she was very impressed with how friendly everyone seemed. If you have a good consultant it really is the best way of losing weight. And the WOTY awards are nice too. :)

I won our group's WOTY last year and have been nominated again this year - I have to stand up and do my talk tomorrow but not sure what I will say......last year I did it for Robbie ( Take That concert ) and I haven't actually lost any further weight since then BUT have managed to keep it off all but a few pounds here and there.

It was a great honour last year and I even went in the local paper lol - I still have my sash that I won, so I may wear it to class tomorrow tee hee x

I got nominated and had to stand up with 2 others and say about my journey. Was a real honour to be nominated, I didn't win but I was so pleased for the other lady and just happy to be nominated :)

Well done to all nominated and winners!

I too have won the Woman of the Year for my group, (well joint winner) I was given a questionnaire to fill in consultant said please do it as I would qualify for reginals. (other lady lost 6 stone but is now pregnant).

Second time I was nominated and was over joyed to win.

So will fill in my booklet and see what happens.

Well done to all nominees.

Back