Word of wisdom?

stivesliz

Gold Member
What's the best advice or tip you have been given in your weight loss journey?

Mine was just before I rejoined 14 months ago and it was by a friend that had joined and had lost 4 stone.

'Three good weeks' is what she said to me - as in, when you're a die hard Slimming Worlder like myself, it's easy to do it one week and lose but then get complacent. I took that advice away with me and it worked - I think once you have 3 weeks of losses that you have broke the back of the eating plan and the reat is plain ( ish ) sailing. My friend is still at target, I am on my way, and I often give the same advice to any new recruits. x

eat until your satisfied and not to over stuff yourself

My friend told me once to treat meals out as a one off treat/occasion to be enjoyed, and the next day just get right back on track. I'm still working on that as I very much have a "oh well I've blown it" mind set but one day it will sink in!!!! :)

To think of this journey as long term, some months u will have good weight losses, some not so good (even wen ur behaving) but u will get there eventually.

I talk FM experience- I've just got my 2 stone award but its taken me 6 month to do so but wen I think of it in 28lb in 26 wks if all feels worthwhile x

Don't think of this as being on a diet and when you get to target you can go back to eating "normally" - this is "normal" now and the only way you can eat for the rest of your life!

Don't think of this as being on a diet and when you get to target you can go back to eating "normally" - this is "normal" now and the only way you can eat for the rest of your life!

sounds restricting when you put it like that and a little daunting still love it though and its true

Its interesting what you say here as friends say to me ''what happens when you start eating normally'' and I say ''I already do!'' How I ate before I started the plan wasn't normal! x

'What you really want, you can find a way to have within your syns' whether that's by doing SW friendly versions or by flexisynning, or by splitting a twirl between two people - it's true. Things I couldn't have imagined not having, I now can't imagine actually eating. Flexisynning and having that control is a real saviour for me!

'What you really want, you can find a way to have within your syns' whether that's by doing SW friendly versions or by flexisynning, or by splitting a twirl between two people - it's true. Things I couldn't have imagined not having, I now can't imagine actually eating. Flexisynning and having that control is a real saviour for me!

and most importantly, it keeps us in control! x

My friend who lost 120lb in 12 months said she treats it as a new way of life, just as if she's become vegetarian she won't be having a steak because it's Saturday or her birthday or whatever!

The best advice I gave myself is 'don't eat anything you wouldn't eat in front of your SW group' x

My friend who lost 120lb in 12 months said she treats it as a new way of life, just as if she's become vegetarian she won't be having a steak because it's Saturday or her birthday or whatever!

The best advice I gave myself is 'don't eat anything you wouldn't eat in front of your SW group' x

Oh heck, I'm glad my group didn't see me last night lol! x

stivesliz said:
Oh heck, I'm glad my group didn't see me last night lol! x

Lol! I read a book years ago that says if we sat at a table opposite a mirror to eat we'd eat less, and our manners would be better! I reckon I'd still have half of it down my front!

Don't question it, just follow it. SW works!

Don't do what someone else does. Just because they only have one banana a day doesn't mean they are bad.

Don't compare yourself to others, we are all unique and so is our weight loss.

Don't think exercising will make it drop off. It doesn't help that much.

Vary your foods - our bodies like variety.

Stay to group, especially when you've had a bad week. The consultant and group can't help you if you are not there.

When you get to target, keep going to group, even if it's monthly. It's amazing how quickly it goes back on.

Accept the fact that this is for life. As the others have said, this is eating normally.

Before you bite it - write it!! (Especially useful for those first few weeks of diary keeping - Heck, I even do it now - 2 1/2 years in!!)

You can't time travel. (Even if it is theoretically possible!). Once you've eaten it, you can't have not eaten it. Check the syns first!!!!

Don't question it, just follow it. SW works!

Don't do what someone else does. Just because they only have one banana a day doesn't mean they are bad.

Don't compare yourself to others, we are all unique and so is our weight loss.

Don't think exercising will make it drop off. It doesn't help that much.

Vary your foods - our bodies like variety.

Stay to group, especially when you've had a bad week. The consultant and group can't help you if you are not there.

When you get to target, keep going to group, even if it's monthly. It's amazing how quickly it goes back on.

Accept the fact that this is for life. As the others have said, this is eating normally.

Excellently put! x especially the staying to group with a gain bit. It's hard to bite the bullet but so worth it x

Before you bite it - write it!! (Especially useful for those first few weeks of diary keeping - Heck, I even do it now - 2 1/2 years in!!)

You can't time travel. (Even if it is theoretically possible!). Once you've eaten it, you can't have not eaten it. Check the syns first!!!!

Love what you have said here. I get amazed with people at group that say they had eaten something or other from tescos as they 'thought it would be free'. I never ever eat anything that isnt free or I dont know the syn value for. I am sure we've all bought stuff thinking it will be fine and then have got home and looked it up and then said 'awww nooooooo' x

Shirleen said:

Brilliant way of thinking about Shirleen... Made me smile ;-)

Back