Work Snacks

PinkLadee

Have to moan. I work in an office. It's not bad enough that I sit on my bum all day but I'm surrounded by food....
Someone always brings in biscuits, sausage rolls or chocolate. It's torture saying no.

I've had a banana this morning and passed up a pastry. I usually cave and stuff my face but I'm on the wagon.

Anyone else have this problem? Any suggestions?

Yep, I work in an office of about 30 so it's always someones birthday, anniversary, any other reason to bring in naughty treats, etc.

I keep a stash of things at work for when times get tough and I feel like caving. For one thing I take fresh fruit to work with me every day, usually a fruit pack from tesco and a banana. Then in my drawer I have things like:
- Alpen Lights: 3 Syns each or 2 for a Healthy B choice.
- HiFi bars: 6 Syns or 1 for a Healthy B choice.
- Velvet Crunch: Only 4 Syns per bag in comparison to a 9 Syns for a multi-pack packet of Walkers crisps.
- Trebor Extra Strong Mints: Something for when the sweets are being passed around, only 0.5 Syns each.
- Mug Shots: Emergency rations. The 1% variety are Syn Free.
- NAS Squash: Sometimes I find I'm actually thirsty, rather than hungry. Also great for your water intake.
- Chocolate Tea: Completely Syn Free and really takes away that sweet craving. Again, good for water intake too.

Try to find replacements for the naughty things in the office. People have some fantastic ideas and recipes, so maybe you could make your own low-syn cakes/treats for when the naughtier stuff is being passed around.

- Chocolate Tea: Completely Syn Free and really takes away that sweet craving. Again, good for water intake too.

Please enlighten me! I have never heard of Chocolate Tea before. I'm am getting sick of fruit tea and need something to stop me running to the nearest costa for a massive whole fat latte!

I found out about it from Minimins hun! It's from Tesco's and is completely Syn free on plan. It's not overly chocolatey, so don't be expecting the equivalent of a hot chocolate or anything, but it's got a lovely hint of chocolate/vanilla. Definitely a change from a standard cup of tea.

You can drink it with or without milk - I drink it without, and with 2 sweeteners.

I found out about it from Minimins hun! It's from Tesco's and is completely Syn free on plan. It's not overly chocolatey, so don't be expecting the equivalent of a hot chocolate or anything, but it's got a lovely hint of chocolate/vanilla. Definitely a change from a standard cup of tea.

You can drink it with or without milk - I drink it without, and with 2 sweeteners.

Thank you! I've added it to the list for the next Tesco run.

1 syn scotch eggs are good. Yum yum. Made them for the first time this week. Def going to do them again.
Other than that I rely mainly on fruit, fruit, and fruit. And yogurts.

Lucky7 said:
1 syn scotch eggs are good. Yum yum. Made them for the first time this week. Def going to do them again.

I've made some today and they're sooo filling :)

Hey girls, thanks for the tips. I bring in fruit but I forgot about the Alpen bars, good for keeping in desk :)
Chocolate tea is a new one for me too, can't wait to try it !

If I've only had fruit and yogurt for brekkie, ill take a hifi for half tens coffee. That's all I usually need lol I don't really snack at work other than that.

I know what you mean, I work in a bakery and every half ten coffee time the girls have something!! One of our sandwich cakes, biscuits, teacakes, hotcross bun at easter, its a nightmare. I resist because they all understand how much I'm sticking with this and just say 'oh Rochelle won't want one' lol oh and I can smell cakes baking all day

Wow Rochelle, if I worked in a bakery I'd cave! I love cake and buns so much, can't have them in the house, especially scones, yum.
You have great willpower :)

Lol thanks, I do surprise myself sometimes!! They make scones only about once a month for the farmers market at newcastle, so they arnt there all the time lol but sandwich cakes are every tuesday!! And sometimes if they've got mixture left (we are a home-made cake type business) they will put it together make a concoction with choc buttons and things on :( but its not too bad as the weight I'm losing spurs me on every week, I love going In and saying I've lost 2 pound or 3 pound lol they all seem to feel guilty and ask how many syns are in this and that! :)

Like many of the others above I tend to sulk and eat my fruit. My Muller light yoghurts always tend to east the pain, especially with a banana dipped in.

I have recently discovered that Vegetarian sushi is very low syn. The Sainsburys one is 0.5 syns and the boots one is 1 syn. Meat sushi tends to have more, but its still a ncie little thing to pick at.

Also Options hot choc definitely keeps sweet teeth at bay! :)

1 syn scotch eggs

In my ignorance, how do you make these scotch eggs? I'd love to add a bit of variety!

purdycats said:
In my ignorance, how do you make these scotch eggs? I'd love to add a bit of variety!

There's loads of different ways to make them-
Boil eggs and cover in low fat sausage meat or seasoned extra lean mince beef/pork,coat in whisked egg then roll in either crushed scan bran or couscous,spray with frylight and bake in the oven.

It's entirely preference and you just need to syn accordingly xx

Princess_Stevie said:
Yep, I work in an office of about 30 so it's always someones birthday, anniversary, any other reason to bring in naughty treats, etc.

I keep a stash of things at work for when times get tough and I feel like caving. For one thing I take fresh fruit to work with me every day, usually a fruit pack from tesco and a banana. Then in my drawer I have things like:
- Alpen Lights: 3 Syns each or 2 for a Healthy B choice.
- HiFi bars: 6 Syns or 1 for a Healthy B choice.
- Velvet Crunch: Only 4 Syns per bag in comparison to a 9 Syns for a multi-pack packet of Walkers crisps.
- Trebor Extra Strong Mints: Something for when the sweets are being passed around, only 0.5 Syns each.
- Mug Shots: Emergency rations. The 1% variety are Syn Free.
- NAS Squash: Sometimes I find I'm actually thirsty, rather than hungry. Also great for your water intake.

Try to find replacements for the naughty things in the office. People have some fantastic ideas and recipes, so maybe you could make your own low-syn cakes/treats for when the naughtier stuff is being passed around.

This is great advice thank you

There's loads of different ways to make them-
Boil eggs and cover in low fat sausage meat or seasoned extra lean mince beef/pork,coat in whisked egg then roll in either crushed scan bran or couscous,spray with frylight and bake in the oven.

It's entirely preference and you just need to syn accordingly xx

Thank you so much; really appreciated.

It's my turn to bring in Friday treats so I brought Cadburys mini rolls and I haven't eaten any! NOT. ONE. I can't believe it :) The thoughts of fitting back into my nice jeans is spurring me on. And this website of course, I'd be lost without it.

PinkLadee said:
It's my turn to bring in Friday treats so I brought Cadburys mini rolls and I haven't eaten any! NOT. ONE. I can't believe it :) The thoughts of fitting back into my nice jeans is spurring me on. And this website of course, I'd be lost without it.

Well done-I'm shouting at myself like a crazy lady so I don't eat the kids brownies :) x

Back