working nights and organising your food

vonpeeky

i was wondering if any one else on here has to work shifts and has had the 'changing to nights' food dilemma?
i work for the emergency services and i am at the moment doing 12 hr night shifts and i cant seem to get the right balance where im not eating too late but then not starving at 4am.
is any one else having this issue?

Hi Vonpeeky

Well by the looks of things your losses are good so you are doing something right for sure! Re nights, i work them every other weekend and I find by halfing my shakes and spreading them out works, then top up with water, tea and coffee inbetween.. Look at the hours you sleep and the ones that you are awake and slot the shakes in then. It definately is harder at night, but it is doable. Good luck. xx

thanks! next 2 weeks will be the killer... 96 hrs of nights in 2 weeks i think i may give the bricks a try for them as my breaks are very short. the other problem i have with nights is by the tme i get back home around 7.30 8ish in the morning i dnt want to eat so go to bed then seem like ive missed a meal ... more practice and im sure i will have it down :)

I also work for emergancy services. I take bricks to work. I am controller so office based and can take bricks but find them easy for work. On nights I like choc tetra with hot water added to make it into a hot choc.

Ah cinder sounds like we do the same kind of job! I'm trying bars and tetra bricks for my nights this week and next!

Sounds like my job is similar too! I do a set of 4 nights, and I tend to swap my meals around, I have a small salad at about 8pm, then got to work at 9pm. At around Midnight I have a bar with a coffee, then a shake/soup around 4am then porridge when I get in a 7am. It works for me and I don't feel I'm going to bed on an empty stomach.

Back