Working out at work?

Lau

Just had a random thought, does anyone know any little exercises that can be done in an office job? Maybe leg lifts under the desk or something? I just feel that while being stuck behind a desk for 8 hours a day I could be doing some light exercise of some sort! Also by the end of the day I don't have the motivation to go to the gym or go for a walk!

xo

I try to squeeze my knees together to work out my thighs and make sure that I get up and walk about regularly. Clenching your butt cheeks and doing pelvic floor exercises are also possible whilst sitting at your desk. Always sit up tall and hold your stomach in to help your posture. I always wear a pedometer and aim for 10,000 steps a day which can be done if you do steps whilst washing up or ironing! Good luck, every little helps.

Katie1961 said:
I try to squeeze my knees together to work out my thighs and make sure that I get up and walk about regularly. Clenching your butt cheeks and doing pelvic floor exercises are also possible whilst sitting at your desk. Always sit up tall and hold your stomach in to help your posture. I always wear a pedometer and aim for 10,000 steps a day which can be done if you do steps whilst washing up or ironing! Good luck, every little helps.

Thank! I will give it a go on Tuesday when I get back to work :) xo

I have always had random thoughts about this, one of them being to buy a mini bike and put under desk and cycle as I work ( not gone this) other being getting one of those thigh trimmers and use that/ or an exercise band to put round my legs to do thigh exercises.

Carrieblue said:
I have always had random thoughts about this, one of them being to buy a mini bike and put under desk and cycle as I work ( not gone this) other being getting one of those thigh trimmers and use that/ or an exercise band to put round my legs to do thigh exercises.

That's a fab idea! I hadn't thought of that! I might have a look on eBay! :) xo

my exercise at work is pushing heavy tables, walking to and from getting wallets....

Let us know what you decided to do? And how's it going?

Back