Working out.

Auxie

Now this may seem a silly question but do people work out while on LT?

I'm fairly active during the week as I have university most days from 9AM (up from 6am) until late afternoon, so I'm constantly walking around/to buildings and going up/down stairs, and perhaps a couple times a week (not always) I do use an exercise bike for 60-90 minutes.

But - seeing I'm on this and the amount of calories consumed by the shakes is used up just by being alive... I shouldn't have to slug my guts out ontop ? - I can see it'll speed things up but right now on day 3 I'm struggling to even string a few sentences together!

Hi Auxie and welcome to the forum.

Please see my post in ADVICE NEEDED PLEASE thread for my experience.

Definitely no exercise in the first week, and I'd say all the walking you do is probably enough, though its up to you if you feel energetic after the first few weeks you can easily over exercise on this diet.

To save me typing it all out again, here is the post I put on another thread, hope it helps?

Hi

I love exercise and always have. You will see from my signature that week 5 was a very low weight loss for me. This was down to over exercising. Lipotrim is such a very low calorie diet that our bodies really can't cope with too much exercise as we're probably already in about 1600 - 1800 deficit a day and then exercising increases the deficit too kuch that our bodies think we're starving so it startsnto hang on to our fat! In effect our bodies go intomstarvation mode.

Now I did go madmthat week. In 6 days I did the following:

Monday night - gym workout (lots of cardio & weights)
Tuesday night - 7 mile power walk
Wednesday night - swimming 40 lengths
Thurdsay night - 2.5hrs of salsa dancing
FridY night - 12 mile cycle ride
Saturday day - 5.5 mile walk in the hills
Sunday day - 3hrs of ironing & 2 hrs of scrubbing the kitchen
Monday night - Gym Workout

Tuesday night - weigh in and only lost 1.5lb!!!

So now I just go dancing every Thursday but take it easy and I may go f ro a walk at the weekend sometimes. Too scared to exercise as I'm already an active person so think I get enough exercise just day tomday living.

Just my experience so it may not affect you the same but only one way to find out :)

OMG just seen how many spelling mistakes in my post.......one of the problems of trying to type on an iPad!!! Hope you get the jist of what I'm trying to say.

Aye I get what you mean, just currently im shattered before midday and getting through the afternoon is a pain. but as youve all said it'll probably just due to my carb reserves depleting... I fasted from carbs prior to starting so I was hoping ketosis would have kicked in faster... just need to keep with it.

thanks for all your quick replies also ;]

Auxie said:
Now this may seem a silly question but do people work out while on LT?

I'm fairly active during the week as I have university most days from 9AM (up from 6am) until late afternoon, so I'm constantly walking around/to buildings and going up/down stairs, and perhaps a couple times a week (not always) I do use an exercise bike for 60-90 minutes.

But - seeing I'm on this and the amount of calories consumed by the shakes is used up just by being alive... I shouldn't have to slug my guts out ontop ? - I can see it'll speed things up but right now on day 3 I'm struggling to even string a few sentences together!

I asked my pharmacist and he said i can do swimming, rowing or walking but only two days a week and one day of strength training and using weights

Well ive fail day 4. Went out with friends after university and ended up drinking many pints. Angry at myself for letting peers pressure me into drinking.

Think im just going to stick to my previous diet of 1800 cals n improve the amount of times I work out... Until after Xmas then attempt again.

thanks to those who replied and sorry for wasting your time =[

Auxie if you decide to quit the diet and feel that youre not up to it right now of course thats up to you, but please don't feel discouraged. We all slip up sometimes and the important thing is to get back on the horse, so I just hope you think about it fully before making your decision. I mean, think how much you could have lost by christmas if you stick to it! :) We'll be here to support you whether you give it another go or decide to come back to us at a later date, I myself have at least 7 stone more to lose so I'll be here for months!

I've had the weekend to think about it; eating junk and feeling bloated - put all my water weight back on - but as of 5am Tuesday im going back on it and sticking to it til my goal I would start today but ive a Halloween party to attend this evening and ill end up drinking again.. =]

Best of luck, don't let slip ups stop you :) I know it's hard when friends are drinking and pressuring you to also but you can't let them stop you if you really want this weight loss.

Back