Worried about loose skin :( please help!

Thanku Logic I'm really trying :) You really are an insperation, giving me belief that it really can be done!! Do you have before and after pics?? x

She is amazing isn't she CM!

Kat xx

Thanku Logic I'm really trying :) You really are an insperation, giving me belief that it really can be done!! Do you have before and after pics?? x

You will do it. :)

I have pics in my albums, but as a new member, you need to have 50 posts before you can access them. You will get there in no time. If you want to boost your count, jump on one of the game threads. :D

And believe it = it can be done. YOU can do it too. :)

Thanks again for your kind comments.

xx

Hi ya - Im 31. I started off at 20 stone and have lost just over 5. I dont have any lose skin yet (except where I had my girls).

I have heard bio oil is very good for stretch marks. It may help tighten the skin too.....im not sure!!!

Good Luck xx

Hi all,

I lost 3 stone last year and was worried about this, so used bio oil and it did help. However, I've stopped using it as it is chocked full of parabens, which are nasty, and have been looking for something more organic. I have just heard of one called phytaoil that is all natural and got a sample from their website. I'm using it on my stretch marks and it seems good so far, much nicer. I think they have a FB page too...

I am using a Clarins body oil, designed for pregnancy and weight loss. It is lovely and all natural. I have been using it since day one of my LL journey and I am getting a bit wrinkly around my belly button but every where else it seems to be doing good. And it is a lovely lovely treat for yourself that is not food based.

Heya Aimee :) I'm 23, and lost 10 stone on the diet... I do have some loose skin but it's actually shrinking quite well on it's own. Age is definitely on your side, so don't worry about it.
Initially you will have wrinkly saggy bits because the weight loss happens extremely quickly (we can't expect our bodies to catch up so rapidly!!) but within about a year and a half you'll start noticing that the body is catching up and the skin will tighten up... It can be accelerated by toning exercises, swimming and exercise!

:D

WoW 10stone!!!!!!!! OH EM GEE (omg)!!!! THAT IS AMAZING!!!!! are u lookgreat!!!!!!!howlong did this take u :worthy:

EXERCISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Make sure you do not just diet- otherwise you would lose the protein that make your muscle- and hold you in shape- and keep you looking toned. To make sure your body 'knows' you need muscle- you need to use it- so that it uses up the reserved extra fat instead- not only that but it will help with your weight loss too. Also- don't stick to just aerobic(BAD idea)- make sure you include some kind of resistance training- i.e. with weight- to keep the muscle there- and this should help with preventing sagging skin :)

I completely sympathise with you- I have always been really large busted- and I am finally getting round to losing weight- but I don't want to end up with saggy boobs at the end of it- so I know that exercise is key :)

Hope I helped

How soon can you start exercising? I started LL today but haven't thought about stepping up my exercise yet.

You can do mild exercise like walking or yoga etc straight away and increase the intensity slightly after a couple of weeks but you shouldn't really do any intense exercise while on LL as you're already on very minimum calories.

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I am also concerned about loose skin, after 2 kids (and being 20 stone), I have quite a large belly thats hangs down.

I don't moisturise nearly enough though so this is something I am going to start doing, and body brushing as well

What's body brushing?

It literally brushing your skin with a soft brush

What's body brushing?

You need to brush in the direction back to your heart. So up your legs and arms, not down.

Here's all you probably ever need to know on the subject, and more! ;)

I'm a bit wrinkly in places, having lost the weight, but as I never wore a bikini when I was bigger, it's no loss to me. I look fine in clothes (I think!) so a little bit of wrinkliness doesn't bother me. I've had two children which may be partly why I have a crinkled tummy!

(Had to fight some very crooked thoughts the other day when one of my daughters - bless her - was watching me getting dressed and exclaimed "Mummy, your bottom is all wrinkly!" Nice. lol. :rolleyes:)

To put it in perspective, I am away on business this week and my suitcase weighed 17kg. It is HEAVY. Then I realised, I have lost almost TWICE that! So what's a bit of wrinkled skin now I don't have to carry all that around with me all the time? I know which I prefer!

such a good attitude Spangles, wish mine didnt bother me as much as it does, I am fine with everything except my belly and it really does bother me hugely - and I have never had kids, so if there is anyway I can get surgery , hell I am going for it!!

J
xx

Funny isn't it Spangly. I know I couldn't carry 11 stone around with me now.
How could I do it for YEARS :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

well said spangly :)

Back