Anyone got a lot to loose and worried about loose skin?

Katy87

hi I have a lot to loose about ten stone :( I shouldn't of let myself get so big. But not I'm quite determined. I have tried most diets but found one that suits me. I am also going the gym and doing cardio and weights 4 times a week and a DVD at home 3. I swim a few times a week to.
Im really worried about loose skin I'm 26 and have one child 7. I was never skinny but before I had my son I was always larger and was 12 stone. Since I had him just piled the weight on.
is anyone else worried about loose skin? I hope to loose my weight in a year or most of it. I'm thinking about saving up for surgery abroad to.

Hi Katy, it's me again! The most importamt thing you can do to avoid loose skin is to lose the weight slowly, 1-2lbs a week is generally said to be ideal. With 10 stone to lose myself, I knew it was sensible to allow myself a couple of years to get there, and it seems to have worked pretty well in terms of my skin adjusting as I shrank. I'm a little bit wobbly and wrinkly here and there, but then I'm 51 and can't exercise, so have age and fitness going against me, lol. When you see these horror stories on telly about people with folds and folds of skin, they've nearly always lost the weight either via bariatric surgery or a fast loss diet like a VLCD. So if you're planning on losing steadily and doing some exercise as well, I don't think you'll need that surgery (I really wouldn't fancy having it done myself in any event!). :) xx

I have 3 stone to lose so only sure if you can consider it a lot, I've had this extra weight for a few years though so worried that the skin might have been stretched for too long.

Thanks i hope it's not to bad :)

Hi Katy. I am in the same position as you. I have over 10 stone to loose and terrified of all the loose skin that could be left behind. I have lost 2 stone over the last 3 months and have noticed the skin on my arms a little looser. I have been looking up exercises specifically at toning those areas to try and help it along. As TracyGWill said loosing it slowly seems to be the key. I have been going to the gym and have started kettlebell classes so I am hoping all that will help.
I am however saving so that if I do have to have an operation to remove any loose skin I will have some put away.

Hi im excersising a lot to ad am saving money just in case. But it's expensive for surgery a bit cheaper abroad. Good luck with your weight loss.

Back