Worried! End of day 6 and still having hunger pangs

Julie W

I was hoping to be in ketosis by now but I'm not sure if I am. I don't feel like I expected to. I definately don't have more energy, I still have a niggly tension headache and the odd hunger pang.

I was expecting ketosis to be a euphoric moment - well at least obvious enough to notice.

I'm drinking at least 2.5 litres of water and worried that I won't have lost much at my first weigh in on Wednesday.

I do have stinky breath and a foul taste in my mouth though.

I don't have any sticks to pee on, so what do you think - IN or OUT?

Well if you've been following it 100% then I would say you were in. I still had hunger pangs for ages, in fact I still get the odd one or two. Oh, and hate to say it, but I found the energy didn't come for a few weeks. Keep fighting the good fight though, it's so worth it! xx

I was hoping to be in ketosis by now but I'm not sure if I am. I don't feel like I expected to. I definately don't have more energy, I still have a niggly tension headache and the odd hunger pang.

I was expecting ketosis to be a euphoric moment - well at least obvious enough to notice.

I'm drinking at least 2.5 litres of water and worried that I won't have lost much at my first weigh in on Wednesday.

I do have stinky breath and a foul taste in my mouth though.

I don't have any sticks to pee on, so what do you think - IN or OUT?

hey - sounds to me like you're in Ketosis - metal taste in your mouth ?? whiteish tongue ???? all signs of KETOSIS !!!

are you hungry ? if not, sounds like you're in ketosis......

don't panic - whether you're in ketosis or not, you CAN'T FAIL TO LOSE WEIGHT on this diet !!!

Stick with it - IT WORKS :)

Debz xx

I'm sure it's fine. Stick with it and discuss with your CDC on Wednesday and ask her for some pee sticks to put your mind at rest!

Thanks all. I think I'm just having a bit of a wobble because it's getting close to the first weigh in.

It's great that everyone posts their losses each week but I'm worried that my expectations are too high and that I might be disappointed with a loss that isn't as high.

Oh the waiting is starting to get to me! Grrrrrrrr!

Thanks all. I think I'm just having a bit of a wobble because it's getting close to the first weigh in.

It's great that everyone posts their losses each week but I'm worried that my expectations are too high and that I might be disappointed with a loss that isn't as high.

Oh the waiting is starting to get to me! Grrrrrrrr!

you'll be fine hun :) you can't not lose wait on CD - if you stick with it - let us know how you get on !

Debz xx

you'll be fine hun :) you can't not lose wait on CD - if you stick with it - let us know how you get on !

Debz xx

Absolutely!! Can't ait to hear your loss! :)

I'm sure you will be fine :)

I'm just beginning my 4th week and only in the last few days have I got any sort of energy burst (at least the house is getting cleaner ;))

Annie x

Thanks for the support and listening to my whinging. I've just mentally slapped myself and told myself to be happy and excited at the prospect of losing weight.

I think the biggest challenge for me on this diet is to get my mind in gear and stop the negative thinking.

Heya, i've just started my 11th week and i still get the odd hunger pang. I just think its were i've started doing a bit more exercise, and 400 calories just isn't enough to live on during the day and exercise lol

Don't worry honey - and don't compare your losses to anyone elses. There are no prizes for losing the most in the first week - this isn't a competition, it's a journey, and every successful week is a good step towards your destination. Even those weeks where you lose only 1lb, stay the same or even 'gain' if you have been 100% you WILL lose, even if your body sometimes takes a little while to catch up with what's happening!

So... don't put yourself under pressure, just hang on in there. I'm sure your first WI will be really motivating. Hugs.
xxx

Back