Worried I'm not going to be able to continue CD all over the summer :s

Caz

Repeat Offender
I'm quite concerned! I'm a student and my student loan and student overdraft is starting to run low. I'm looking at jobs but it's proving difficult. The economic situation doesn't help, nor does the fact that I live miles from anywhere. So I'm really quite worried that I'm going to run out of money soon and not be able to carry on with the diet! :wave_cry: I don't know what to do. I really don't want to have to stop this until I reach goal! I'm going to keep searching for a job and do all I can to make whatever money I can so I can keep on with it. I'm maybe going to go through all my stuff and see what I've got that I don't want or need anymore to sell either on ebay or at a car boot sale me and a friend are going to be doing anyway. Ohh I can't wait to not be a student anymore!! :gen147: Anyone got ideas of ways to make enough money to be able to keep going? I'm just going to go through everything I own and get rid of everything I don't want or need. To be honest, I have so much stuff it would be good to do anyway! If I do run out of money though, what would you guys recommend doing? I obviously don't want to just stop and then put everything back on.

Last edited:
I am a student too and I had to stop CD for 3 weeks in April as I just couldn't afford it. I followed the 1200kcal step in the book and in those 3 weeks I lost 5 lbs. If you have to stop it is not the end of the World. I hope that you do not have to stop and something comes up monetary wise.

To be quite honest am in the same boat as yourself for Summer. Fingers crossed.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply. I'm hoping to not have to stop, though I know it's not the end of the world if I do. I just want to know how the best way to handle it is. I'm selling a bunch of things that I'm not wanting or needing anymore like my second guitar, a bunch of moisturisers and treatments (new of course!) from when I did Virgin Vie, and some other bits. Hopefully by selling these things I'll get a couple of extra weeks at least.

Temp agency for waitressing staff? Active job and you get paid?

The wages aren't fab, minimum wage dependent on the job but not too bad, plus you can more or less pick and choose your hours.

I've been trying the temping agencies, still nothing. A lot of them think I'm too far away from Birmingham. Will keep trying though!

mystery shopping or completing online surveys?

I didn't think about that, I'll have a look into it! Do they normally pay cash or like amazon vouchers?

get a job in a pub, that's what I do to get extra cash in.

I've been trying! I've got sooo much bar experience, yet no-one wants to give me a bar job either! It's strange around here, very cliquey. The job seems to go to the managers friends cousin or whatever. But I'm applying for every job that comes up that I can do. So hopefully it'll be ok!

I mystery shop, problem is alot is places like mcdonalds and KFC which obviously you couldn't do.
Could you babysit/dog walk maybe a cleaner if you have like holiday lets or something nearby

I find that its actually cheaper being on the CD than buying food for the week. I used to spend £16 a week on lunches at work, £15 a week on a couple of takeaways, thats £31 without what i spent for dinner, breakfast and of course sweets and choc.
i think its misleading - it feels expensive when your handing over £30-£39 in one go, but if you add up your weekly spend on food if you werent on CD it maybe that its more that CD you just dont realise when its a few pound here and there

Will put a little poster about babysitting and dog walking in the shop I think.

I agree about the costs, but I live with my parents while finishing my degree so don't actually have to buy food myself. Just contribute money where and when I can.

i used to do market research they dont mind where you live, theres ipsos mori or gfk-nop that i know about pay is about 120 pounds for 8 interviews, both have websites where you can apply x

Back