worried

I haven't heard anything like that treaco, what paper was it?

Sarah x

My mum read a story in the paper yesterday about a 36year old woman who was fit and healthy, lost 6stone on cd and recently died cos she wasnt getting enough vitamins or cals so her immune system was so low her organs shut down!!! hmm anyone heard anything similar im quite worried now

Did the article say she had stopped doing CD then??? I only ask because obviously if she is having her four packs per day, she would be getting her full set of vitamins and nutrients :confused:

I wonder whether the paper publishes the stories of the many 1000s of people who die each year from obesity/weight related illnesses? I totally understand your mum's concern for you but please don't panic, you have to take media stories with a pinch of salt. This person who sadly died could have done things incorrectly, she could have been contraindicated but not disclosed it, she could have decided to have just one pack a day, anything really. Please try not to worry hun xx

Just did a check on the news websites and can't find any reference to this in anyway? In fact the only time Cambridge Diet is mentioned in the last 2 weeks is relating to a success story from my home town and also the new WI diet. Nothing there about a death?

separator.gif
I just tried a bit of a google and ditto - can't find anything. Am surprised - normally when stories like this circulate everyone is talking about them :confused:

I googled it and nothing came up Im not worried,I know too many people who have done it successfully to worry...please dont get yourself in a flap
xx

Am I the only one who is suspicious of that fact that this
"Fit and Healthy" woman had 6stone to lose?!?!

Besides, for years before I began my VLCD, I wasn't getting anywhere NEAR the vits&mins I'm getting with the packs, and even if you only get 50% of your RDA of vits&mins, you'd still be alive - I doubt you could DIE from a lacjk of vitamins, it'd just make you ill.

If anything, I bet she was either:

1) a hugely obese woman, who wanted to lose the weight quicker than even the 4 packs could let her, and either only ate 1 or 2, or stopped them altogether.

2) didn't drink anywhere near enough water, and dehydrated herself to death as she wasn't get all the water from her excessive food intake anymore

3) cheated a lot, and so stayed out of ketosis but didn't have enough cals when in normal body mode to keep herself going, or

4) died from some other obesity-related problem such as heart failure and the family are blaming CD for her problems, not the fact that she was, evidently, at least 6 stone overweight

EDIT: after a good look on Google, then only thing I could find was a news summary, which said something like

"Are you getting enough protein?....Is carbohydrate the enemy?....Woman dies in Cambridge crash.."

the first 2 summaries are about CD, the 3rd one is about a woman who dies in car crash IN Cambridge.

Go figure??

Last edited:
Am I the only one who is suspicious of that fact that this
"Fit and Healthy" woman had 6stone to lose?!?!

Besides, for years before I began my VLCD, I wasn't getting anywhere NEAR the vits&mins I'm getting with the packs, and even if you only get 50% of your RDA of vits&mins, you'd still be alive - I doubt you could DIE from a lacjk of vitamins, it'd just make you ill.

If anything, I bet she was either:

1) a hugely obese woman, who wanted to lose the weight quicker than even the 4 packs could let her, and either only ate 1 or 2, or stopped them altogether.

2) didn't drink anywhere near enough water, and dehydrated herself to death as she wasn't get all the water from her excessive food intake anymore

3) cheated a lot, and so stayed out of ketosis but didn't have enough cals when in normal body mode to keep herself going, or

4) died from some other obesity-related problem such as heart failure and the family are blaming CD for her problems, not the fact that she was, evidently, at least 6 stone overweight

EDIT: after a good look on Google, then only thing I could find was a news summary, which said something like

"Are you getting enough protein?....Is carbohydrate the enemy?....Woman dies in Cambridge crash.."

the first 2 summaries are about CD, the 3rd one is about a woman who dies in car crash IN Cambridge.

Go figure??

That was all I could find too Pete after a lengthy search on Google and all national newspaper sites:confused:

Lacey..:)

Yep have also just spent a good hour scouring the net, there is something in Australia about a 36 year old having a heart attack a couple of days ago because of a poor diet but nothing to do with Cambridge so not sure where this story has come from? Certainly can't find anything on tinternet about it.

Mike

At the risk of sounding cynical (and no disrespect at all intended xx) I'd be interested to know whether treaco's mum has been supportive of CD up til now or has she been wary all along and is trying to scare treaco out of it doing CD because she doesn't understand about vlcds? (out of genuine concern of course)...just curious because it's the kind of thing that my mum would do.

Serena A - I know exactly where you are coming from. My mum would find all the negatives in a situation and scare stories. In fact, I haven't told my mum i'm on CD cos I know she'll start worrying because to those who don't read the science behind it it seems extreme. I just keep saying i'm doing low carb and low cal combined. That way i'm not actually lying!

Lol yeah I've been telling certain people I'm just doing a low carb diet although they still think that'll make me keel over! My mum bless her believes all the old wives tales, even if I lost weight at 1lb a week she's still think ot was too fast. It's horrid having to hide it from our nearest and dearest so I sympathise totally!

Hmmmmm, it really does sound as if we haven't got the full story. I'm a freelance business journalist and I am very, very sceptical of what i read in the papers lol as I can see so quickly how they have taken something tiny and blown it up out of proportion to fit the headline. The coverage of this credit crunch has been extremely misleading btw, the UK banks are in good shape.

I'm taking this with a huge pinch of salt. I have never felt better in my life.

I couldn't find anything either, I was skeptical as I read lots of newspapers and hadn't seen anything - does sound like a mum worry, am I the only one who's mum says - 'don't you think you've lost enough now darling' and here is me a size 20 and 18 + stone lol aaawww I love you mum xxx

Sarah xx

Back