Worst Jobs when on a vlcd....

phoenixx

So i've heard its hard being a teacher dieting with food constantly being around the staffroom.... and it could be pretty hard when I tried dieting while working next to a costa.... I'm just on my way to my second week of my new job...

AT THORNTONS >.<

Hopefully oneday I'll get immune to the lovely yumminess around me... :sigh:

I dont imagine its any harder for teachers than the rest of us

I work in a police control room. On early shifts they get hot rolls for breakfast, late shift most people get takeaway for dinner and night shift the fave is pakora or cheesy chips. Sometimes one of the bakery vans will pass a tray of goodies to a car crew so we often get that brought in during the night too

Add to that the 2 fabulous bakers on the shift and the fact that any one of the car crews comes for coffee they bring cakes or biscuits its a nightmare

I actually find it okay being a teacher, because I'm on my feet most of the day, always busy, and I can only eat at break and lunchtime. Its a lot better than when i had a desk job, could graze all day and was near vending machines etc. thanks to jamie oliver we dont have any of these in iur school!
So I find I can get away with not eating much during the day, but the evenings are a whole different ball game, I have a lot of work to take home, am hungry from not eating all day and feel I "deserve" a treat! That's why I'm starting this in the holidays!

I think anywhere is difficult if you can't disassociate yourself from what people are eating around you. There is always someone scoffing something in the office or someone who has bought chocs or cakes to share but I don't find myself thinking about them to be honest. It's a different ballgame in the evening at home which is when the munchies strike for me and I have to be really strong to ignore their call :)

I actually find it quite easy being a teacher - but find it even easier on holiday especially for the water input, I think it is quite hard no matter what job. However working in thorntons must be especially difficult

I spent lots of time in coffee shops - nice black americano and a fizzy water - what else could a girl ask for?!

Yes Weasey you do seem to spend a lot of time in coffee shops :)

BordersGirl said:
Yes Weasey you do seem to spend a lot of time in coffee shops :)

It's a hard life...

i work in a restourant most of my shifts are 12/13 hours and i work from 10-4 then 6-12 :( its so rubbish i cant sit down for a proper meal at proper times! i have breakfast at 9 then i cant eat again until 4 and im usually starving and when there is fresh bread on the side to help yourself to its so tempting also little pots of smarties everwhere as we give smarties with our coffees! the at 4 i never know wether 2 have 1 meal and sneak a bar in the middle of evening service or 2 meals and get on with it then at 12 im so hungry but i hate eating that close to bed :( so i usually have a shake! so my job is the worst!!

also we are urged to try new special dishes and new wines daily thats the hardest, trying to create an excuse why i cant try them!!

I sometimes have a medium cappuchino at Costa made with skimmed milk and it has not affected my weightloss. I don't use my milk allowance in any other way so this is my occassionsl treat.

I think any job where there food around or people eating can be difficult. Personally if I worked in a cakeshop, bakery or any food shop I would find that harder than in an office where people bring in *treats* to nibble on as I just wouldn't move from my desk! Have to say I find a vlcd easier to stick to when I am out and about either walking or shopping (not for food!) I could spend all day in town shopping and not feel a bit hungry or tempted by food. Very odd that. Wish I could be like that the rest of the time! Evening is always the hardest though!

All jobs are hard...always food about!! but thorntons does sound harsh!!

My office is always full of treats.. quite literally cake, brownies, crisps about all the time..and even when I am on a diet people will leave little "presents" on my desk of flumps, choccies, full fat coke... ARRG.. going to have to put my foot down when I go back..no treats!!! lol

I'm a childminder I work from home I managed before .... Very well .
I found it harder in the summer holidays though kids here 7-6 drink eat eat eat eat annnnd eat some more ;)

Personally I think it's hard for anyone doing this kind of diet !!

I am a home carer, so it's really hard to be making food for people every day-especially when they all enjoy cakes, and hot buttered toast :(
My other job is as a security officer for the government, which during the week isn't too bad, as the offices are open, but at the weekends it's horrid as its soooo boring!!
Oh well! It'll be worth it in the end :) x

am a nurse and each day we have patients giving us cakes, mountains of chocolates, biscuits and buns :(:(:(
like today, our doctor brought us each a chocolate jelly mousse with cream......i gave mine to someone else.....hmmmmm
but felt so much better for not giving into temptation
:D:D

I sometimes support children to see their one of their parents, 99% in McDonald's!!! I have to stay and need to sit there for around 90mins twiddling my thumbs

#largeblackcoffeeplease

Sometimes I ask for a cup of ice to pop in my coffee, mind games!!

4 lost : 57 to goal

fizzyfluff said:
I sometimes support children to see their one of their parents, 99% in McDonald's!!! I have to stay and need to sit there for around 90mins twiddling my thumbs

#largeblackcoffeeplease

Sometimes I ask for a cup of ice to pop in my coffee, mind games!!

4 lost : 57 to goal

McDonald's :-O no way that's torture :)

Back