worst memory of being fat

but now you have the strength and us on here to get to your goals...

I do - and I am so grateful to you all! I have never met such a lovely bunch of people, you are all truly amazing.

(i want to do a cartwheel!!!) :gen126:

xxx

Big :gen126: to everyone

I think I've been pretty lucky in that I havn't had very much negativity to my face.......though I think much of that is to do with the fact that I'm usually with my other half who despite being the kindest sweetest man ever is built like a brick wall and is incredibly protective of me:eek:

I am always a bit 'on edge' though in public, waiting for someone to say something and having comebacks ready just in case lol!

I have had times though where my weight has devastated me

I have put on more and more weight with each child I've had, and when I had my last two (numbers 4 and 5:cool:) I found having check-ups and scans so humiliating, especially having to hold my tummy out of the way. I had to have an emergency c-section with my last baby and I honestly don't think I've ever been so humiliated in my life as having to lie naked in a room full of strangers, having people lift me from bed to bed (and asking for extra help to do so:cry:) I just felt so worthless, it was definitaly an extra motivation to get back onto this diet and get myself sorted out once and for all

just remember memories cant hurt they just make us stronger, we are gonna be making loads of other momories (good 1s) like wearing a bikini on holiday, or going to a party wearing tight fitting clothes, ohhh i canny wait going to florida in august hope to be at my goal by then xx

you will be Melissa! plenty of time and you will look extra hot on your holidays with all that extra confidence xo

hell yeah xxx

I am going swimming this afternoon, i always go in the afternoon. Before the kids kick out of school and after the "proper swimmers" have been. i do it to avoid any nasty situations.

I think it's good to talk about this, just think not only will we all be slim and beautiful, we will also be compassionate and non-judgemental too.
:talk017:

the scan post remind me of when i had just delivered my son ( baby number three ) the midwife said did you put on weight in pregnancy, to which i said yes i did and she jiggled my belly while i was still laid on the bed and said "well you can't blame all this on baby can you" i could have cried.

Infact when i fell pregnant with my last child ( she was a sursprise ) my son was six months old and i had panic attacks for the whole pregnancy because of what she had said to me.

I can see the glow of our haloes lighting up the whole country! Seriously, you're right, Lind... you need to think about this stuff and maybe experience it yourself to really think it through. Prejudice is a human failing... but it's also human to be kind, compassionate and caring.
To ourselves, as well as to others!
Loving this thread.
xxxx

Oh Linda, that was an awful post to read, but I can relate. I went to a beauty therapist to have a spray tan so I could feel good about myself for a wedding I was going to. After the tan which was done in silence, I got dressed and quietly walked to the desk to pay. I then heard the therapist who had sprayed me say, " don't know why she bothered, it's not like the tan will make her look hotter" I was mortified, fortunately another customer overheard and went ballistic. She caused a real scene demanding to see the manager etc. I was still quiet at this point but eventually the manager came forward, the story was explained and to my delight she was mortified and I got my tan for free and the girl was severely repremanded there and then. I didn't feel really any better as the words were still out there and I still felt bad.
However, it's the attitude that has made me sit up and think hence why CD is working this time for me. So maybe cruel to be kind.......

this is an amazing thread, you guys have been so honest....

my biggest antifat comment, came from a bloke i was seeing a good few years ago. We got together thru friends and i saw him a lot, but he said i was "too fat for girlfriend material" ... good enough for a booty call but not good enough to be seen out with....

needless he got kicked to the kerb......

i just hate getting so hot n sweaty when out dancing... everyone else still looks glam but i look like i've been working out!

all changing now though, eh!

"too fat for girlfriend material" ... good enough for a booty call but not good enough to be seen out with....
Funny you should say that....that is just the impression I'm getting from my chap at the mo - I've just asked him what he wants to do on Valentines Day and apparently he will be going to the pub with the lads!

I will just shake my booty elsewhere. :wave_cry:

xxx

Funny you should say that....that is just the impression I'm getting from my chap at the mo - I've just asked him what he wants to do on Valentines Day and apparently he will be going to the pub with the lads!

I will just shake my booty elsewhere. :wave_cry:

xxx

I think he just might live to regret that attitude!

you look pretty gawgus to me hun!

Worst comment was when a drunken friend of my hubby's said "you're a big girl aren't you" - paradoxically it was it because it was not meant nastily but said in a very matter of fact way that made it really hurt.

Worst memory was trying to find an outfit for a Christmas work do and everything looked awful on me...I tried on a dress that I thought would be flattering and burst into tears in the shop because I looked like a hippo in a tutu - ended up going to the do in a big grey cardigan :(

Ive had three experiences that have stuck.
1: Was standing on a street corner with a friend waiting for a taxi on a night out and a bloke just walked up to me-put his face in mine and started singing "Your just too big to be true,cant put my eyes on youuuu"! (you all know the tune). My mate told him to shut up and he replied to her "Your mate (me) is so jelous of you that you are slim".
I wasnt embarressed...just really sad.
The second was one time I was worked at my bar,a lad was chatting me up but then said..."you'd be so pretty if you wernt fat....."
The third was a guy (who I used to work with) and his mate came into my bar. My ex-workmate was telling his friend (thinking I couldnt hear) that he'd always fancied me and that I have amazing tits etc,but his friend turned round and said "but look at the rest of her body-shes gross"....sigh.
Actually I get alot of comments similar to the last..."great breasts and face,shame about the rest of her...."
My 22nd birthday...shopping for a special outfit and realising I couldnt fit into a size 22....
Aghhhh so many memories....
I still expect comments every second of the day.My mind is still a size 22 altho Im a 14 now. Strange.

yep piella (love that name, lol!!!!) i was a 14 @ 14, a 16 @ 16, 18 @ 18, 20 @ 20, and a 22 on and off since then, now almost 35..!

yup piella, feel the same, will always be fat in my head no matter what size i am on the outside... is it to do with being fat as a child, or others comments..

its weird isnt it.... I wonder if our minds will ever catch up?

well i justed turned 40 and was overweight as a kid, lost it as a teenager ,then have yo yo'd ever since. the school playground names still haunt me now.........

One memory that springs to mind is on my 21st birthday. I was on holiday in Cyprus with 2 great mates, both slim with long blonde hair. id bought a cute little dress and thought I looked really nice. After a lovely night out to celebrate we were walking back to our hotel. At which point I heard a group of lads say "oohh check out those gorgeous girls!" To which ones of them then said "Yeah shame about the ugly fat girl in the middle" And they all laughed. So now everytime I think back to 21st thats what springs to mind :(

Back