worst memory of being fat

melissa85

Silver Member
hey every one, thought i would put in a thread so you can put in your worst memory of being fat, could be motivating. ill start,

when i was 20 i went to my sisters engagement party and her mother in law to be came up to me and put her hand on my tummy and asked when i was due this was extremely humiliating and i was about 2.5stone lighter then than i am now, but it also happened a month ago when i went to see a house with my mum the lady whos house it was asked me the same thing but to save her from embarrasment i just said i had a few months to go although i was deeply hurt inside, those are my worst.

Oh sweetie that is awful ((Hugs))

I can name a few.. I am big chested and have never had a problem in the men dept.. I put it down to this sometimes, but anyway, was in a club and at the bar waiting to get served.. I could hear two blokes.. one says 'ooh look at the T*** on her' the other says 'yeah but she's FAT!' I didn't acknowledge either bloke just wished the world would open up and swallow me. :(

One time where I did reply though was on an escelator in London... I was on the way down and it was rush hour.. I heard someone yell 'oi fatty' well you look don't you.. if someone yells - he was on the opposite escalator and said 'ha-ha you knew I was talking to you..' I was so embarrassed to think that the entire length of LONG escalators could hear this it kind of made me angry.. so I shouted back 'I didn't know you were talking to me, but wondered who the ****hole was who could be that rude' :8855:My now hubby was with me and he just about fell over laughing!! Blooming hurt inside.. like you I had another few stone to gain.. :sigh:

But.. on a positive note.. we're shrinking and not because of these people.. for ourselves! ((Hugs))

Hey everyone. OMG so sorry about those experiences. What doesn't break you only makes you stronger. Can't say I have ever had an embarassing situation but I always feel like I embarass myself because of how big I am.

I've had a few.......first i was walking to the shool to pick the kids up and a lad started singing, you sung the titanic....you did you did. In the tune to who let the dogs out.

then once we were waited to be seated to have a family celebration meal at the chinese and the waiting area was next to the takeaway area and these two blokes walked in and one said f*cking fat people are always here its like they have a f*cking radar to the place.

Luckily only me out of the group heard them.

i remember back in school a indoor pe assult course had been made and one of the tasks was to slide through the gap under the bench and guess who got stuck.............when I managed to squeeze out the pe teacher just told me to go over the bench next time..................skinny cow!

My mother is always reminding me and my sisters about our weigh issues its just her habit..........my reply to her nowadays is that she couldnt ever do it and we get our genes from her...............but my mums digs dont bother me it just the way she is, bless her.

My worst memory is.....I went to have my bikini line and my legs waxed just before my hubby and I went on a long planned 2 week holiday.

I breezed in there, all Gucci sunglasses and posh handbag feeling really good.

The legs went ok, but she had to go get some more wax because she had used more than normal. Then when she got to my bikini line she asked me if I could lift my tummy up and move it out of the way as she couldn't see what she was doing.

I just did as I was asked and felt so bad, when she had finished I paid very quietly and left. On my way out the door the beauty therapist turned to the other girl and said "Why do I always get the lard arses?" The other girl just laughed.

I walked round the corner, found the nearest pub and got hammered!! My husband came and got me and said he didn't care he still loved me. But I felt so bad that it ruined the first few days of our lovely holiday.

Wish I could have thought of somehting smart to say back but I couldn't.

Oh god girls i want to cry reading that - oh Lind what a ***** that thepepist was :(

My worst was when me and hubby went too Alton Towers and we went on this ride and the guy who put the saftely restraints on had real trouble putting it on me as my belly was so big. I remember how hot and red my face went.

Swore id never go there again until the bellys gone.

This is terrible, this thread is making me feel so sorry for everyone and at the same time im starting to think how disrespectful are people towards others.

Even if you think something you dont go and say it to the other person!!

Evil disgusting people that have to put others down to feel big about themselves, they are the ones that are low in confidence and self esteem, pure bullies!!

Hi Saraian. it's funny when you look back on it the memory doesn't really hurt anymore. It's just something else you can put down to being too big.

Still on the right path now, so the silly ***** can:kissass:! lol

Hi Saraian. it's funny when you look back on it the memory doesn't really hurt anymore. It's just something else you can put down to being too big.

Still on the right path now, so the silly ***** can:kissass:! lol

:8855::8855::8855::8855::8855: thats exactly the attitude we should have.

I think people think that fat people live on a dofferent planet, because i have felt before im treated differently. I wouldnt talk to anyone the way you guys have been.
If anyone said anything to me in the street id set my dog on them! :p

I just hate everything about being big.

I've had people shout "look at the a*** on her", I've had to ask for extension belts on planes, I've had to endure a 4 hour flight on a plane in tears, I've had to look for the biggest chair, I've broken furniture (biggest humiliation ever) I've had to look for the largest space to walk through in a restaurant, I've had to endure snide comments from (not so good) friends and family.

BUT... I've had to put up with all of this because until now I haven't had the strength to do anything about it.

xxx

i can remember wheni was in high school, i never had any problems with people being nasty, had a happy time but there was only one incident, some kid in the grade below yelled out ''lose some weight!'' as i walked past with my friend, out of his classroom window in front of his whole class. im not really a crier but that shocked me and humiliated me beyond belief. i took it right to the principal though as they were strict on the whole anti bullying thing and i made that little bugger squirm with guilt and shame!

I got taunted at school for being fat and the worst part was I was only a size 12 and thought i was fat - its no wonder now as a adult i have poor body image!!

cant believe i was a 12 and thought i was fat stupid teenager i was!

I also remember when I was in school and a teacher called me fat. We were talking about diets and I was saying about this diet which was going around my mums office where you were meant to lose a stone in a week. The teacher announced to the whole class that I needed to lose 4 stone to be 'normal' (at the time I was only a size 14 so not massive!). I ran out of the room and my best friend cornered him in the classroom and made him find me and apologise.

A year or so later I got glandular fever and lost a lot of weight, went down to a size 8 and he told me I was looking really good now i'd lost the weight. Thanks, so being so ill i'm nearly hospitalised makes me look 'normal'? :flamingmad:

its funny how we are treat differently due to weight, i haven't had any comments for a a few years now and as i get smaller people seem to get nicer, which is really shallow.

Whoa. Mine are similar to rach's... chair breaking... airline seatbelts... comments from my mum, who doesn't even seem to know when she's being hurtful. And being asked by a masseuse at a spa whether I was pregnant when my youngest was 13!!!! This thread is a heart-breaker.
As Huseyin says, it's unbelievable that people can be so cruel. We're a society of rude bullies I guess... things really need to change. And yes, there are people out there who treat big people as if they are deaf, stupid and have no feelings. Well, we do have feelings. And while some of you are feisty enough to answer back, and I admire you for that, many of us are not. We just curl up with shame and hurt and cry inside and learn to hate ourselves a little more, and later we binge or purge or abandon a diet we'd been sticking to so carefully, all because we feel so low.
Things have got to change.
Sad but thought-provoking thread, Melissa... hugs to all who've been brave enough to share.
xxx

ugh, people can be such pricks sometimes. i honestly can't imagine ever saying something negative to anyone about their body or anything, it makes yu wonder what goes through peoples heads to think that it's acceptable?

i think making fun of someoen who is overweight it the last socially ''acceptable'' thing to make fun of someone about. hopefully soon it will be not ok to be so flippant and cruel.

people are nasty, but whos gonna be laughing now!!! at least fat people have more compassion for others we endure nastiness for years always fae skinny people because they dont understand, it makes us thick skinned therefore a much stronger person who cares what people think, im a bus driver and there is about 40 women and 700 men that work for the company and not a single guy has put me down, but i knew from the start i would need to build my confidence if i wanted to be happy with my job and thats what i did but im always getting fae the passengers "your gorgeous" which is a great boost.

I just hate everything about being big.

I've had people shout "look at the a*** on her", I've had to ask for extension belts on planes, I've had to endure a 4 hour flight on a plane in tears, I've had to look for the biggest chair, I've broken furniture (biggest humiliation ever) I've had to look for the largest space to walk through in a restaurant, I've had to endure snide comments from (not so good) friends and family.

BUT... I've had to put up with all of this because until now I haven't had the strength to do anything about it.

xxx
but now you have the strength and us on here to get to your goals...

and just remember this
At least i can diet, you'd need a face transplant.. thats always been my motto to the nasty ******* out there...lol

Back