Would lactulose knock me out of keto?

onefatmama

Gosh I need a poo:eek::(

I tried senna, dulcoease/lax, drinking hot water, drinking more cold water but nothing:mad:

When I have had problems in the past, especially after giving birth, I would take 20ml of lactulose and that would get things moving:)

I know it's full of glucose, but will that knock me out of keto? also will it really effect my losses (Im on SS)

Thanks

ofm x

Hiya
Anything with -ose on the end is a sugar. So, That is definitely going to knock you out of ketosis. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Hiya
Anything with -ose on the end is a sugar. So, That is definitely going to knock you out of ketosis. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Thought so:( any other ideas?

Gosh I need a poo:eek::(

I tried senna, dulcoease/lax, drinking hot water, drinking more cold water but nothing:mad:

When I have had problems in the past, especially after giving birth, I would take 20ml of lactulose and that would get things moving:)

I know it's full of glucose, but will that knock me out of keto? also will it really effect my losses (Im on SS)

Thanks

ofm x

hi

I find that a couple of sticks of celery do the trick for me, havent needed to do that this time round tho' luckily.

hope you get yourself sorted out soon

Debs

It might not knock you out of ketosis since you are on SS, but if you didn't want to risk it, you could try movicol which works for most.

After it's clear, it's worth taking a fibre supplement so it doesn't happen again.

Back