Would you eat an omelette cold for lunch?

hendopig

Gold Member
I'm thinking about doing an omelette for lunch at work tomorrow. I'd have to make it tonight and refrigerate it.

Would anyone eat a cold omelette?
Is that gross?

I could reheat it but not sure if this is a good idea?

Any thoughts / opinions welcome!

Stacey :)

Yep I would - just call it a sw quiche!!!

I would eat it cold, but personally wouldn't reheat it xx

I'm thinking about doing an omelette for lunch at work tomorrow. I'd have to make it tonight and refrigerate it.

Is that gross?

Most definitely would.

On a green day I often cut some potato into cubes, boil until soft. Dice an onion, fry with fry light until transparent. Whisk a couple of eggs, mix the potato and onion into the whisked egg and cook on one side in an omelet pan or small frying pan, take off heat place a plate over the omelet, turn it out of the pan onto the plate, slide the uncooked side down into the pan and finish cooking. I use plenty of seasoning.

This is so delicious hot or cold. It is the recipe for a true Spanish omelet adapted to SW style cooking.

Free on a green day

Cool! Thanks for the inspiration :) looking forward to potato in a omelette. I'm a carbohydrate monster :)

Me too, just love my carbs !!

xxxx

Hendopig - yes, definately good cold - particulalry if you have a HEA of cheese to spare.... mmm!!!

Fillymum, Thanks for the spanish omlette tip - this will make a good alternative to my at least twice weekly cottage cheese quiche lunch! I have one cooling on the counter as I type!!!

This is a favourite lunch box filler of mine! We use different ingredients all the time. Courgette and red pepper is a favourite and we always eat them cold with salt and pepper sprinkled on top and a big salad.

Enjoy!

Yes would deffo eat cold! :)

Another cold fave for lunch is the SW pasta quiche (made with Batchelors Pasta N Sauce), I often make that of an evening and have it cold for lunch for the next couple of times.

Filling, yummy, and FREE :)

One of the picnic suggestions in the most recent Asda free magazine was Ommlette Baguette. I wasn't sure, but my OH said he thought it sounded good. I do have Spanish style ommlette cold, but they're more chunky so it's in wedges. (I put peppers, courgette, etc plus some potato or cooked syn free supernoodles in it and a HEx A of lowlow cheese on top and grill it before cooling).

Oh when I lived in Spain I lived on Omelette Baguettes only they were called Tortilla Boccadilla (sp??) blimming lush!

Is that gross?

Personally no. I wouldn't reheat it either. Instead I would turn it into a SW quiche or my favourie cheese and onion flan (without pastry of course):cool:

Back