Wow how easy it is to pile on the syns...

Honeyoc

Is a crunchy mama!
And equally easy to stay on plan!

I've been craving a comfort food I used to eat a lot when I was in Uni. Stirfried instant noodles with cherry tomatoes, onions, garlic, lots of chillies served with a boiled egg and steamed green beans. I know it sounds weird but it definitely hits the spot!

Just comparing what I had for dinner last night (totally off plan) and what I had for dinner tonight (on plan). I ate the same thing both nights but I'll just do a comparison to see what a difference a few tweaks make.

Yesterday
Sainsbury's instant noodles (10 syns) stirfried in 1 tbsp olive oil (6 syns) tomatoes, garlic, onions (0) a boiled egg (0) and steamed green beans (0). Pint of orange juice (11)
2 scoops Ben & Jerry's baked alaska ice cream (20)
Total = 47

Today
Batchelor's low fat noodles (0) stirfried in 1 tsp olive oil (2 syns) tomatoes, garlic, onions (0) a boiled egg (0) and steamed green beans (0). Pint of sugar free grapefruit cordial (0)
2% Greek yogurt (0.5) with 2 tsp honey (2)
Total = 4.5

WOW! Just goes to show how easy it is to stick to the plan and how equally easy it is to spectacularly fall off the wagon :eek:

Last edited:
Wow! I've never thought of it like that. The proof is shocking. SW is amazing; you can eat practically the same things, but without the syns :)

That's a great way to see how some of us actually got to where we were when we joined SW (if that makes sence!!)

I sware we never ate a "yunk food" "bad" diet pre SW, but just used the wrong foods or mixed the wrong foods.

Good comparison there Honeyoc :)

Exactly!! I never used to eat vast amounts of junk, it's just things like orange juice, mayonnaise, butter, nuts etc that all add up.

hi hun i think when your pregnant if you crave things like orange juice your body needs more vit C. Well thats what the midwife said to me, i literally drank it by the bucket loads in the first trimester along with ginger biscuits to try and keep the sickness at bay. I know that SW is healthy for pregnancy but i think if you want a glass of orange then have one (hope i dont get slated now lol) x

hi hun i think when your pregnant if you crave things like orange juice your body needs more vit C. Well thats what the midwife said to me, i literally drank it by the bucket loads in the first trimester along with ginger biscuits to try and keep the sickness at bay. I know that SW is healthy for pregnancy but i think if you want a glass of orange then have one (hope i dont get slated now lol) x

You're right lol, if I *have* to have an orange juice then I will. But I'll start with fresh oranges first to see if that satisfies the craving.

Great thread - really illustrates how small changes can make all the difference... Thanks Honeyoc!

ZXXXXX

Back