wow - naughty tasting fruit

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by nicolalouises, 2 April 2014.

1. nicolalouises

nicolalouises Active Member

just had my first experience with a Custard Apple - OMG it actually tastes like stewed apple with custard!

texture bit weird to start with but soon got used to it - not the cheapest of fruit (84p each in Morrisons) but i will definitely be buying again as tasted like a proper treat!
  2. slimmingmadhouse

slimmingmadhouse Well-Known Member

I had them once before with a fruit box and have never been able to find them since. I agree they are amazing.x
  3. PeggyDee

PeggyDee Well-Known Member

Oh, I love custard apple, but I haven't seen them since I was a child. Thank you so much for telling us where to get them. Off to Morrisons tomorrow for a blast from the past.
  4. I am going somewhere which has a Morrisons this weekend. Will have a look. Never had one of those before, and I always love trying new things.
  5. Rach1986

Rach1986 Active Member

Saw these on Australian masterchef and always wondered what they were like! Are they free??
  6. Samantha26

Samantha26 Well-Known Member

Oh these sound nice :)
  7. nicolalouises

Rachel they certainly are!
  8. PeggyDee

PeggyDee Well-Known Member

:cry::cry: my Morrisons have no idea what I am talking about. The young man who was trying so hard to be helpful directed me to the apples and the desert aisle for the custard! As we were standing next to a very large display of apples at the time he was looking at me as if thinking "does this idiot woman not know what an apple is?".
  9. ejd

ejd Well-Known Member

I saw some in asda the other day. Not cheap though... It was either £2 or 2.50 for 2.
  10. nicolalouises

that has really made me laugh!!
  11. nicolalouises

they were 84p each in morrisons - defo worth it as a treat though!
  12. b_44

b_44 Well-Known Member

Me too lol, can just imagine the look on the assistants face haha