WW food quoting Pro Points but using Discover Plan

KOP1975

Hi all

I have been on weightwatchers since Nov 2008 and have lost 4 stone.
I am not going to go over to pro points as that system is not for me. I don’t want to eat more. I like the fact I have my points and I know the points value of pretty much every food – I am not gonna learn it all again.

I do have a question regarding the weight watchers food. I take a WW meal to work every day and I have noticed that the new points make a meal that was say 5 points nearly 10 points. My question is if I follow the discover plan will the meals remain the same points as before despite quoting double the points on the box?

Another example is the WW yoghurts are now 1 point on pro points but are they still 0.5 on the discover?

Is it a case of just because they have doubled the points they haven’t doubled the calories and fat content?

Any answers will be greatly appreciated

Thanks
KOP1975

the points are worked out differently so they shouldnt have changed for discover but i would just check the nutrition info and work out the points to make sure

ok thanks.
I would think its pretty much the same.
The new plan seems a waste of time to me.
Why double the food points then double your points as well?
Loads of people are now eating fruit, counting it as zero and are not losing weight so are being told to stop eating the fruit!!
I dont see how a banana can be 1.5 points one day then 0 the next?
I prefer the old way!

thanks for the help

Personally, I would say check the values of anything that now has a propoints value on the box, incase the recipe has changed to make it more pro-points friendly :)

It's reassuring to see that someone else wants to stick to the old points! Me too!I've lost 2 stone in the past and have another 1.5stone to go and i'm sticking to old points as i know the points for everything!
Good luck with your weight loss!
Fay

KOP1975 said:
ok thanks.
Loads of people are now eating fruit, counting it as zero and are not losing weight so are being told to stop eating the fruit!!
I prefer the old way!

thanks for the help

Exactly what I have said.... Which is why I'm sticking to discovery. I would double check the points tho. I bought some crisps from class last week that used to be 1 point a pack... They now say 2 pp. I put the nutritional values in me calculator just to check and they came up at 1 1/2 points a bag....

ok thanks.
I prefer the old way!

thanks for the help

Glad to see there are still some old ww point users on here - i've just started my ww points this Monday and I found it all a bit confusing when I read people talking bout pro points to glad to see old pointers here aswell - good luck.

points v pro points

so glad theres so many others out there still following points too! I started again with my old books from home last saturday and have been feeling like I'm the only one out there doing it lol

Weighed in today and have lost 5lbs :D points all the way! :p

Hi
if you use your points finder in discover plan, your be able to carry on has normal.;)

I'm also sticking with Discover for the time being, it's always worked for me, and I know it back to front. I am curious though to see what Pro Points is all about. One thing puzzles me though about it, if I'm correct your allowed extra 49 points a week on top of your points allowance? I think that would give me too much leeway to go mad! The way I work with the old WW is that if I have something coming up like a meal out and I'm going to eat extra, I'll cut down on my points beforehand or after. This works for me.

I'm sticking to old points too! Iv lost just over 2 stone since sept on them, and got 1 more to lose.
I was curious about pro points so gave it a try...for 2 days! I kno it was silly and prob should have gave it more of a go but I was eating everything I usually would eat but still ending up with about 7/8 points left at the end of the day!?? I'm never hungry on old points and I don't want to just eat more just to use up my propoints!
Like they say, if it ain't broke! :)
Xx

Back