WW Meals

They're all right. They're pretty good if you need a quick meal and have the propoints right there on the box. I always bulked them out with extra veg because the portions are tiny. I will say they aren't massively healthy, better than some ready meals but they've still got a lot of sodium in them. I don't eat them much any more but I think I have a couple in my freezer, thought I try and do home made freezer meals when I get the chance as its healthier and I can get slightly bigger portions for the same points.

Also check out M&S "Count on Us" range, Tesco "Healthy Living" Sainsbury's "Be Good to Yourself" and possibly Morrisons "Nu Me" as they all have the pro points counted on the back of their ready meals and some other products as well and it gives you a bit more variety (and in some cases quality).

They're all right. They're pretty good if you need a quick meal and have the propoints right there on the box. I always bulked them out with extra veg because the portions are tiny. I will say they aren't massively healthy, better than some ready meals but they've still got a lot of sodium in them. I don't eat them much any more but I think I have a couple in my freezer, thought I try and do home made freezer meals when I get the chance as its healthier and I can get slightly bigger portions for the same points.

Also check out M&S "Count on Us" range, Tesco "Healthy Living" Sainsbury's "Be Good to Yourself" and possibly Morrisons "Nu Me" as they all have the pro points counted on the back of their ready meals and some other products as well and it gives you a bit more variety (and in some cases quality).

Thanks a lot, it's really helpful.

I'm not usually a fan of ready meals but recently I tried the WW lasagne and I have to say it was pretty good.
Noticed in Asda they have them frozen and also have fresh ones as well which look quite nice.
Which ones would you recommend?
The curry and rice, macaroni, sausage and mash on the fresh counter looked nice too.
In the latest mag they have a beef stew which I want to try. xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I liked the limited edition chicken ratatouille and bulgur wheat or the cottage pie. I keep meaning to try the ricotta lasagne one but always decide to make my own and never get around to it.

I'm not sure if the bog standard WW ones are any different to the "ww from Heinz" ones or not

Sent from my SM-G900F using MiniMins.com mobile app

I absolutely love the WW from Heinz Chicken Hotpot - I always have a few in the freezer for those "can't be bothered to cook" days!

I'm also a fan of M&S Count on Us meals, especially the chicken in a creamy mushroom sauce!

Asda healthier freezer meals ,not sure what they are called are really nice too. Again Chicken hotpot is really lovely. They are only £1 and work out around 6-9 pp for the different options. They do Chinese curry, lasagne think theres a beef hotpot also. And they are larger portions than WW

They're more expensive, but I can now personally say that M&S Pork Roast with new potatoes, carrots and cabbage is a filling option for 7PP if you need it. If you grabbed a pack of ready prepared veg to fill up even more it would be basically almost as filling as your standard roast I think, and this was low PP for a weekday lunch.

Live off them! With the pro points worked out cram it with veg too and great meal! And Sainsburys be good to yourself range has all the ww pro points on the packaging so I get the garlic bread slices and there 2points a slice xx

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Back