• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

WW Newbie

S: 12st5lb C: 12st5lb G: 8st11lb BMI: 33.8 Loss: 0st0lb(0%)
Hi Guys,

I've left and returned from this site many times, expecting it to be my only weight loss support.
I have always been stubborn and one thing I always told myself was that I was never going to join a 'Fat Fighters' (as my partner calls it) because this would be admitting that I am overweight.

So after much arguments with myself, I finally gathered the courage to join my local weight watchers and all I can say is:

YYYYIIIIPPPEEEEEE
I AM FINALLY LOSING WEIGHT!!!
I was told by the doctor just over a year ago that I have PCOS and am going through very stressful testing as we speak. So the one thing I promised myself was that I was going to lose weight, but one thing everyone knows about PCOS is that weight loss is next to impossible. (or so it appears)
I have tried so so many different ways of losing weight, but I have never been able to lose a good, noticeable amount of weight. But since starting weight watchers I have become more confident about what I eat and when I eat. I have become in control and have a goal.

My start weight was 13st3...
Week one i was -3lb
Week two I was -2.5lb

I can honestly say i cannot be happier.

So I hope no body minds, but I am going to be documenting my success on here. There is nothing better than sharing success.

Thank you

:D

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

LV30

Gold Member
S: 13st8lb C: 13st1lb G: 11st0lb BMI: 32.4 Loss: 0st7lb(3.68%)
Welcome back lovely!! Sorry to hear you are going through a rough time at the moment - never pleasant having tests done - and must be very stressful for you.

Pleased that you've decided to bite the bullet and start on a plan - not good being in denial... i know that all too well!!

Your losses so far are brilliant - keep it up!! You are proving the quacks wrong - you can lose weight with PCOS!!

I've just noticed your signature - my god - Christmas is just around the corner - eek!!

All the best!!
Lx

Thanks alot!!

Yes, the doctor will be getting a visit from me when I am at my goal weight with a very smugg look on my face lol.

Family and friends have told me how pleased they are with me for sticking to this one, but at £20 a month, I am definately not going to quit :)

Yes, Christmas is just around the corner. and I am DETERMINED to be in a size 14 by christmas so I can wear those pretty sparkly spangly dresses and join in the fun :) Sitting in a corner covering your embarrasing belly in a dress that looked nice on the hanger is up there with some of the lowest points in my life. I have never had this much determination and hope in me regarding my weight!

I was seriously disappointed that I only lost 0.5lb last night but I am determined to right my wrongs this week. First day went well, just need to focus all week :)
Today:
1 Piece of Marmite on toast (using weight watchers brown bread and low fat butter) = 2 points!
1 Banana = 0 points
1 weight watchers mexican chili microwave meal = 6 points!
1 Bottle of diet pepsi = 0 points!
1 Ham and spread cheese sandwich (Using weight watchers brown bread = 1 pp/slice, 1 light dairy lee triangle = 1 pp, half a slice of Fresh Gammon ham = 2 points) = 5 points!
1 Packet of salt and vinagre sticks = 3 points!
1 weight watchers caramel chocolate bar = 2 points!
1 plum = 0 points
6 strawberries = 0 points.
Total = 18 points.

I will probably have a cup of tea before I go to bed.
I am being extra cautious about my meals this week also, as the doctor has put me on some new medication which has weight gain as one of its symptoms!! lol

I aim to get loads of exercise in too :)

S: 15st0lb C: 13st4lb Loss: 1st10lb(11.43%)
Hi there, don't be disappointed with a half loss. At least it's in the right direction & WW will always tell you to look at the bigger picture like your total weight loss over month for example. I also don't like intervening with other people's meal plan but are you eating enough? Obviously I'm not one to judge but are you on 29 PP a day? If so you really need to be using all of them x

@galaxy-girl: Hiya and thanks for your reply. To be honest, I am eating plenty. Stocking up on fruit is my main goal this week since I am determined to lose at least 4lb this week. I understand your concern, as it definately does not look like I have eaten enough today but I have genuinely eaten plenty. My daily allowance is 29 points and I struggle to fill it all the time, and i dont want to just eat for the sake of it. and one of my biggest issues before I began WW is that I would eat out of bordom and not because I was hungry, so when I get hungry, I am eating fruit of low PP things.
My discription makes my sandwich sound minute, but it was actually very filling, and am thinking about having a light snack before bed time.

:)

At first, when only losing half a pound, i was mortified, but I am slowly starting to accept it. I found some half a pound weights today and was astounded at how heavy they are, so I am quite releaved if I am honest that I have managed to at least lose that, and you are right, the wider picture does look excellent. Almost half a STONE in 3 weeks!!! :D Amazing.

@kimboowee: Thank you so much, much appreciated :)

Thanks girleeees x x x x x x

@Ltme: Aww thank you so much. It's always brilliant when I get nice feedback, it makes me very determined :D xx

Well, This week I have been doing really really well :D
I have been sooo proud of myself.
Making my own packed lunch, saying no to the offered Donuts, chocolates and chips.
I have kept to the guidelines religiously.
It seems to be paying off, My energy is up, my apetite is down and I feel great. I decided I deserved a treat today so I had a light breakfast and dinner, and had my favourite sausage chips and beans for tea. Hope this doesnt ruin my winning streak but I know we arent supposed to deny ourselves :) so I didnt. I ate it all and enjoyed every mouthfull!!

I had a sneeky weigh in today whilst at work, and according to the not so acurate scales, I have lost 4 lb, which FINGERS CROSSED is right. I would be sooooo pleased if it is!!! x x x

LittleMissThin 17

wants to be skinny ♥
S: 12st4lb C: 9st7lb G: 8st10lb BMI: 23.6 Loss: 2st11lb(22.67%)
Fingers crossed for 4lbs hun :D :cross:

S: 14st10lb C: 13st5.0lb G: 10st0.0lb BMI: 30.2 Loss: 1st5lb(9.22%)
Hi I hope you get your 4lbs! it's reading diaries like yours that give me the inspiration too proper stand my ground with what I eat massive thanks! :)

Aww you are welcome. Im the same, it is nice to read stories of people in the same positions as me. Thank you for the encouragement. means so much xx

@Carriegirl21 Thank you so much :D
I must say, if that is your hair in that picture, I LOVE IT. been wanting my hair that colour all year but my sister (the hairdresser) won't do it for me!!! lol xxx

Nini89

S: 18st8lb C: 17st2lb G: 10st13lb BMI: 37.6 Loss: 1st6lb(7.69%)
Hello there!! Just wanted to say that I think you're doing really really well and keep up the good work! It's determination like that, that motivates all of the rest of us! :) I've had a crap few weeks recently (gaining instead of losing - it was probably due to my being lazy) but last week when I was down 2 lbs, it just made me realise that its a constant struggle. But with your determination, motivating the rest of us, we can all surely achieve our goals!

Best of luck and keep it up!!!

Aww thank you so much, you have no idea how much that means. The feeling is mutual, reading peoples posts like mine gives me the extra push that I need. And it gives me more people that I want to make proud :) Minimins is probably the best invention ever!! lolx x

Well lovely ladies. I had my weigh in today!!

I was aiming to lose about 4 lb (shooting for the stars) due to last weeks small loss.
I managed to lose 2lb this week though which I am very pleased with because it is a great loss but I would like to increase this by next week.
My Aim:
- I am going to try and go swimming twice this week (I want someone on here to tell me off if I dont do it lol) I thoroughly enjoy swimming but need the push to do it and I always struggle to find the push.
- I managed to cut out tea all week but am craving it sooo much so I would like to start drinking tea again but I am going to control it a bit better as I feel they are wasted pointage.
- I NEED to focus on my exercise this week so I am going to put my pedometre to good use and try and take 5000 steps a day and increase it by 2500 each week.
- Believe it or not girlies - but I bought a bike early this year...that has never left my flat....Naughty Naughty Chunky Monkey - So, I am going out on it AT LEAST once this week.

Work is definately going to get in the way this week since I am at work 5 days out of 7. But I CAN DO IT.
Good Luck ladies with your weigh ins x x x x

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Introductions 1
Introductions 0
Introductions 0
Exante - Total Solution 100% 9
Cambridge Weight Plan 10