WW on a budget?

SammyLouSlim

Hello all

I will be joining ww tomorrow night and as it is still two weeks until the post Christmas payday wondered if anybody could give me some ideas for meals on a budget?

Why is it so much cheaper to eat junk???

Hope you can help, Sam :)

Not sure about meals, but can do ingredients!!

Tinned and frozen veg are much cheaper than fresh (less wastage too!!)
Supermarket own brand equivalents of cereals, biscuits, beans etc
Own brand diet pop saves my day regularly
Tinned fruit (in juice, and drained before eating) is free
Poundland often has WW crisps, and cakes in...for £1!!!
Morrisons currently has all of it's 'eat smart' meals for half price - so between 75p and £1.50 each
Go to supermarket at end of the day, buy all the reduced veg to make a big veg soup, I have manage 8 portions before for under £2
Buy reduced (almost at sell by date) bread, freeze on day or purchase in 2 slice portions, lasts weeks!!
If your grapes, bananas, strawberries, yogurts are going off, freeze them, they're all lovely and are a bit like having an ice cream or sorbet!!
Supermarket own yogs, cheese etc
I'm a big fan of Aldi's super 6 fruit n veg offers
HomeBargains often has WW bits and basic ingredients on offer
Batch cooking stuff you get on offer can get loads of portions on a budget
Some people try to have a few veggie days/meals per week, lowers the cost and the pp values
Tesco value, asda smartprice, sainsburys basics are your friend!!
Some people use mysupermarket.com and other comparison sites to check out where's cheap to shop each week

Hope this helps a little?!

:)

I saved money on WW :)

The old WW meals are on offer everywhere, and you can work out the PP in esource. I think Morissons are cheapest at about 75p.

I make curries (Co Op Healthy Eating curry sauces are currently 54p, and they are so so nice!) With lots of cheap veg (onions, mushrooms) that last 2 or 3 meals. Buy some tuppawear boxes to put portions in the freezer.

Turkey is a winner, it's a cheap meat and good on points. Rice and pasta are great, cheap to buy and so versatile.

I plan out my meals for the week, then go onto asda online. Put everything in my basket then adjust according to my budget, then print out my shopping basket and buy in store. Then if something is on offer, or there is a cheaper alternative, I can work out the points and how it fits in with my daily points before I go. Then you avoid over spending and buying things with too many points :)

Back