WW online/e-source?

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by Muffindoll, 10 April 2011 Social URL.

1. Muffindoll

Muffindoll Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi, I'm thinking of trying WW again and I want to do it online.
    I have been to meetings lots of times and although at first I found they really motivated me to stick with the plan, just lately even the meetings don't make to stick to it, i just either miss going on the bad weeks or just give up and have to join again a few weeks later.
    I have had a look at the online options but you either pay for 1 month at around £10.99 and a signing up fee of about £29.00 or pay for 3 months and no signing up fee.
    Either way its about £30 which I can't really afford at the moment.
    Anyway to get to my point, is it possible I could buy a monthly pass online and pay the £12.99 and then switch my membership to e-source.
    That way, I would only be paying the £12.99 today.
    Sorry that was a bit long winded!
    Thanks!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. pudnpie

pudnpie Silver Member

Start Weight:
    12st12lb
    Current Weight:
    12st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st2lb(1.11%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Sorry I don't know, but you can get cashback if you join online through quidco. When I joined the cashback was more than the three month fee! But it did take about two months to get the money back.

4. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Personally youd be better investing in the books and a calculator and using Minimins for support instead. Ive never found any benefit to the online membership

5. Muffindoll

Muffindoll Full Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    Thanks Pudnpie, I haven't seen quidco before, I 'll have a look on there.

starlight, I have the latest books from my last attempt at a class and I also have a calculator, and I did wonder to be honest if it was worth it online, I have never really used the online before so wasn't sure what you got.
    I have just noticed that there is a wi section on here too, which I could use and there certainly is a lot of support on here - much more than meetings I would say too.
    Now I have thought about it, I may just do that, I could wi and post that in the wi section on here and see how i go for a couple of weeks.
    Thanks very much x

6. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I did like the online feature to log your points but then I also found a nice wee cheap and cheerful notebook does the job just as well ;)

Naturally this forum is THE best one for support ;) I found the WW one very hard to follow mostly due to the fact threads appear the order theyre created and dont move if someone posts on them so its very confusing and I have to admit I found it very cliquey.

Its obviously down to choice and a lot of people do like it but I personally never found any benefit to paying for it but as I say thats purely MY opinion ;)

7. Cosmic Star

Cosmic Star Full Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    I find the online tracker very useful, especially as 2+2 doesnt always equal 4 but that is all I really use it for. I do find this forum better than the weight watchers community.

In my opinion the online tracker alone is worth the joining fee, especially with the cash back!

8. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    You need to be careful though, its very unreliable in a lot of things. When I used it I was shocked at the mistakes in it. It was a hot topic of discussion at my WW class too. The calculator is far more accurate

9. Charlotte-Eve

Charlotte-Eve x It's my year to shine x

Start Weight:
    15st7lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9.6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st13lb
    Lost(%):
    2st11.4lb(18.16%)
    Diet:
    WW ProPoints
    Just use your calculator and MiniMins - perfect combination! 'Tis what I do and it works a treat! I used to use e-source but as already said above, it can be unreliable and is really just a glorified notebook :)

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.