ww pedometer (or other) challenge

msblonde

a new way of living!
Hi all,

I started this on the weight watchers page, but will add it here too.

The challenge, ultiamtely, is to build up to 10,000 steps a day, however, as this has just started - I thought getting to the 'healthy' stage on the weight watchers pedometers would be a better start.

'healthy' is about 6,500 steps, and after that the pedometer starts counting points that you can use as food points.

I'll add mine to these threads - and welcome any one else (from any diet) to do the same, and maybe we can together start increasing our activity, gently, healthily, and more important - sustainably!

good luck all :)

Well I did great yesterday...
15144 steps, which equates to 6.57 miles and 4.5 APs
Yay !!!!
And this morning, I parked the car at the end of the road when doing the nursery run and made the kids walk the rest of the way... which means I get to do it twice ...
Dragged the boys out for a walk with the doggie last night which helped boost my total.. and I am planning on going to the gym after work - Bag is already packed and in the car !!

Good luck to everyone today...

Tracy

thats fab!!!

yesterday I did just under 11k steps (10,937 steps) and earned 2 points :O)

anyone else?

Hiya just adding my steps..
T- 13,065/5.36m/2½p.
W- 18,178/7.45m/4p.
See you all later xx :)

need new battery for my pedometer, then i may join you lovely ladies

Hi guys, i'd love to join in but i dont have a pedometer! can anyone recommend a good and accurate one? coz i know they can be a bit hit and miss! thanks :)

i'm just calorie counting at the mo - i dont reckon i'll need a fancy one with calories and what not, and certainly not points. i dont reckon if i want to 'earn' calories, as it'll just drop off me a bit quicker that way :) can i still join in the walking challenge tho?

i think i'll look up some reviews on't'interweb.

having an office job makes me really aware of how little i move during the day. i'm going to make a concerted effort to walk up and down the stairs a bit more and go for a walk on my lunch break and after my dinner in the evening.

will do a test day to see how many steps i do normally, then try to increase it. i think that's the way forward. will have to drag the oh off the sofa to come for a stroll with me of an evening!

will come on in a bit and update with my steps

Ms Blonde - or anyone else with a WW Pedometer...
I'm at work, my instructions are at home... does anyone know how to change their weight on the Pedometer to reflect their weekly loss ?

Thanks
Tracy

press the menu button till you get to the weight, then hold down the enter button for about 5 seconds, the current weight entered will start flashing, just use the up and down button to change the weight, and press enter again when done.

:O)

Hope everyone is having a good day today, I haven't even hit healthy yet as I have been between blood test appts, interviews and hosp appts all day so in the car a lot, also had too many points, oohps! thats being out all day!:banghead:

just off to take dog for a walk to make up for it!

:chores016:

'healthy' is about 6,500 steps, and after that the pedometer starts counting points that you can use as food points.

Just realised why you all seem to do alot more steps than me ... before healthy comes up...

I think the pedometer must decide on the healthy level not only on number of steps but also according to your weight . Mine says healthy around 3000 steps

Jenny Hill2b Walking challenge- Week one

Tue- 4578 steps 0.5 AP
Wed- 6475 steps 1.5 AP
Thur- 6234 steps 1.5 AP

for thursday mine ws 8070 steps and just .5 points, I ate really badly too as I was out all day :(

out a lot today too with xrays and hosp appts, think I'll take a sarnie today!

Well I did rubbish yesterday, even after 70 mins in the gym !!!
9459 steps
4.10 miles
2 APs...

Report card says "Must try Harder", plus I have started with a stinking cold, so today is going to be even worse....

must rest to get rid of cold! take it easy 9459 is great, hope you feel better soon.

xx

Back