WW pro points vs US points plus

vijch50

Can anyone answer this for me asWW does not seem to want to
Pro points uses the protein, fat, carbs, and fiber to calculate points.
Reading all the WW info on Points plus in the US it says its points are calculated using protein, fat, carbs and fiber.
Reading one of their cookbooks (points plus) which has all the nutrtional info listed I ran a few recipes through my pro points calculator. out of ten recipes, 6 were the same, 2 were 1 pt higher and 2 were 1 pt lower. Now some of these3 cookbooks are very interesting but I want to know why the points values are not the same as pro points if they use the same values

it is likely to be that the US formula for calculating is slightly different to ours, prob due to what unit they use to measure ie grams, oz ect. thats what id think anyway. hth

Hi - there's an article on Wikipedia discussing the two formulas. According to that it is basically the same formula but there may be differing results because of the way that nutritional info is listed (I think they list their fibre as part of the carbs and then again separately so that might be the reason). I didn't read it all because my eyes started to glaze over ;)

they only do it to confuse us lol

You should just disregard the pointplus system and work out the points from scratch.

The UK formula works out points based on the fact fibre is omitted from a lot of foods, and the US system has different labelling and different manufacturing processes to us

the problem i have is that I travel to the us regularly and dont' want to go off track when I am there. If I am buying ready meals then I have to use their points obviously. so should I still stick to my 29 pts or does their system allow more? confusing but i need to be able to use both unfortunately.

the problem i have is that I travel to the us regularly and dont' want to go off track when I am there. If I am buying ready meals then I have to use their points obviously. so should I still stick to my 29 pts or does their system allow more? confusing but i need to be able to use both unfortunately.

If you have a calculator you don't need to use their points? Even if you buy their ready meals with the points on, you could just put the NV in from scratch and work out the ProPoints?

will do it is bad enough trying to stay on track there at all lol

don't have time for that - have too much family to visit lol

Back