Cruise PV WW Soup range?

bijouxdolly

I've just found a few cans of these at the back of the cupboard in the kitchen. I have country vegetable, hearty vegetable, carrot and lentil and chicken noodle. I know I can't have chicken noodle cos of the noodles and sweetcorn. Can't have lentils and carrots are only in moderation, I believe. Can I have the other two though or are they not allowed?

I would say probably not although I have no idea what ingredients are in them.

No to both, I'm afraid. Check out their ingredients:

Country veg:
http://www.heinz.co.uk/ourfood/soup...ht-watchers-from-heinz-country-vegetable-soup-

Water, Carrots, Peas, Celery, Sweetcorn, Lima Beans, Modified Cornflour, Green Beans, Wheat Flour, Potatoes, Leeks, Yeast Extract, Flavourings (contain Celeriac), Spice Extracts, Herb Extract, Garlic Salt, Salt, Smoke Flavouring (contains Wheat). VEGETABLES: 26%

Hearty veg:
Weight Watchers From Heinz Soups - Hearty Vegetable Broth

Water, Carrots, Potatoes, Concentrated Tomato Puree, Onions, Split Yellow Peas, Haricot Beans, Pearl Barley (4%), Lentils, Parsnips, Peas, Modified Cornflour, Cornflour, Salt, Garlic Puree, Flavouring (contains Celery, Celeriac), Yeast Extract, Spice, Herbs, Black Pepper. VEGETABLES: 25%

They both have peas in and one has potatoes, so i'd say no to them sadly. Does anyone know a ready-made soup we can have? For emergencies?

Half a stock cube and some boiling water in an emergency...
(loverly!!)

I make soup whenever I've a chicken carcasse or veg leftover, and freeze in portions. Then I've emergency soup! (I'm even learning to put labels on them so that it's less pot luck!)

Are we allowed to use chicken bovril to make soup? I've just discovered some loitering in my cupboard that I'd forgotten about...

Theoretically, one is supposed to stick to low salt cubes but I hear they're hard to find in the UK. As bovril/oxo etc are high in salt, I'd stick to home made if I were you... or at least keep an eye on how they might affect your weight loss

Ah bum, was hoping I can have them but shall just have to give them to my housemate!

I make my own soup and just use normal Bisto gravy granules in water! Hasn't stopped my losing weight but I know we're not actually allowed them.

On the official site I think they say you can have miso soup, but without seaweed on pp days. This diet isn't really for people who like ready made food to be honest, you have to get cooking!

Miso soup? Really? I love the stuff, have tons in the cupboard. The ingredients do list rice as one of the components to make the miso, amongst other things, of course. I have instant miso soup from the Japanese supermarket. Is there a version that isn't made with rice or is this miso soup that I have acceptable then? Does anyone know?

I'm quite surprised by miso too! Always seemed quite salty to me, but I love it and it's a tasty way to add some tofu for protein.

I sometimes use just a little miso paste to make stock. On teh official site they don't mention brands but I have seen them mention miso soup several times.
I wouldn't however eat anything with rice listed in the ingredients!

I've looked it up, it seems most miso paste is made from rice, barley, soy beans etc. So, not sure how miso soup fits into the diet. Perhaps it's a tolerated item rather than an allowed item.

I've just seen confirmation on the Ausie Dukan site Q&A that, despite containing rice flour, miso soup is allowed on PV days. Apparently the amount of rice flour is not very much at all.
Nutritional info for typical miso soup:
There are 84 calories in 1 cup of Miso Soup.
Fat: 3.36g (Saturated Fat: 0.622g).
Carbs: 7.78g (Fiber: 1.92g, Sugar 2.59).
Protein: 6.02g.
Still not sure if I'll have it, seems like a lot of fat and carbs for one cup.

I wouldn't touch it either... (and it's so easy to make soup while doing something else!)

Back