WW Vs SW

For any plan to work you need to stick to it all the time! It may take time to adapt, but it works!
Having said that what works for one doesn't work for someone else.

When I said 'most of the time', I meant that apart from christmas day and boxing day, and the odd weekend way, when I didn't expect to lose, I stuck to it week in, week out. There were many, many 100% weeks where I just didn't lose! Justy didn't work for me. Does for some, not for others!!

When I said 'most of the time', I meant that apart from christmas day and boxing day, and the odd weekend way, when I didn't expect to lose, I stuck to it week in, week out. There were many, many 100% weeks where I just didn't lose! Justy didn't work for me. Does for some, not for others!!

Doesnt work for me eirther as I dont lose on green too many carbs with pcos and reds not filling.......not every plan works for every person but they are both good :D x

I have to say 19 points is pretty hard. I'm having mainly weightwatchers products with the points on so I know the value.
Todays plan is..
Cereal - 4 points, Weightwatchers wrap - 4.5, Weightwatchers ready meal - 5.5, Alpen bar - 1, Yoghurt - 2 points.

17 there and bet I'll be starving still after that. Im such a foodie haha

I have done both plans and love them for there different attribute. Sw is great, flexible, and it a fantastic healthy eating plan where your body can manage its own calorie intake, and it encourages home cooking and plenty of fruit and vegtables.

WW gives you flexiblitiy of the fact that nothing at all is "not" allowed, but i do find it is for people who need to have complete control of what they put in the mouth and need a more defined structure. I find WW does allow more flexibilty than sw for convinience shop bought meals but thats not what they promote they promote a balanced diet and its personal choice to buy such foods.

These plans both have there strengths and both show fantastic losses, as humans we all have different personalties thoughts, opinions and ideas which is what makes us who we are. So what one person may find as there perfect plan another might not and thats what makes us unique!

Last edited:
I have to say 19 points is pretty hard. I'm having mainly weightwatchers products with the points on so I know the value.
Todays plan is..
Cereal - 4 points, Weightwatchers wrap - 4.5, Weightwatchers ready meal - 5.5, Alpen bar - 1, Yoghurt - 2 points.

17 there and bet I'll be starving still after that. Im such a foodie haha

Hi I think you may be straving if you dont mind me saying as its processed foods.
Why not have

40g of porridge 2.5 points
200 ml semi skimmed milk 1.5 points

I ww torilla wrap 1.5 points
wafer chicken 1 point
salad 0 points

apple 0.5 point

1 chicken breast baked in foil with herbs 3 points
150g of cooked brown pasta 2 points
pasta sauce 1 point
salad or free veg 0 points

1 shape full longer yoghurt 1 point
1 pck of ww cheese puffs 1 point

1 Banana 1.5 points

thats 16.5 and leaves you with 2.5 you'll be fuller you would have low GI foods and then wont be hungry ,drink 1 pint of water an hour and I bet you'll notice the difference? ;)xx

Well I'm another one coming over from WW. Although I have lost on SW, it just wasn't fast enough for me, and all the cooking from scratch was driving me mad!

:D I also found that my shopping bill was huge. I did enjoy the food that I was eating on SW, and will miss it in some ways, but I know that I've lost quicker previously on WW, and for me I think that I need to see faster results in order to stick with any diet if you know what I mean!

I also found that SW was just not teaching me about portion control, my portions were massive!:)

I'm not knocking either diet, I think everyone has to find one that suits them individually. For some this will be SW, for others WW.
:D

there are money saving tips you can do on sw and you don't always have to cook from scratch either. I don't think its that hard for example to put a jacket on and but can of beans in a pan!
The good thing about slimming world is it is a journey and I have learnt loads about my relationship with food. I think it does help to be organised in which is a skill I possess. I also learnt about the techniques of portion control and I do beleive that WW is also good as well for portion control and money wise.
Jealous of WW website it appears to be tons better then SW and cheaper, where is the logic in that?

Hi I think you may be straving if you dont mind me saying as its processed foods.
Why not have

40g of porridge 2.5 points
200 ml semi skimmed milk 1.5 points

I ww torilla wrap 1.5 points
wafer chicken 1 point
salad 0 points

apple 0.5 point

1 chicken breast baked in foil with herbs 3 points
150g of cooked brown pasta 2 points
pasta sauce 1 point
salad or free veg 0 points

1 shape full longer yoghurt 1 point
1 pck of ww cheese puffs 1 point

1 Banana 1.5 points

thats 16.5 and leaves you with 2.5 you'll be fuller you would have low GI foods and then wont be hungry ,drink 1 pint of water an hour and I bet you'll notice the difference? ;)xx

Its only my first day on the diet haha! So only reason I'm having the prepacked weightwatchers branded foods is because I havent got the calculator and books yet
But I'll try drinking the pints of water and add fruit.

Its only my first day on the diet haha! So only reason I'm having the prepacked weightwatchers branded foods is because I havent got the calculator and books yet
But I'll try drinking the pints of water and add fruit.

ooooooo lol okay well done thou for getting started without xx

Ilovelife, I know that I can easily put a jacket potatoe on, but I personally feel like I've had enough jacket potatoes to last me a life time!

I also know that you can cook simpler meals on SW, but to prevent boredom from setting in, I was doing a lot of cooking from scratch.

As for shopping, I've just done a Tesco online shop that I always do, which has worked out £50 cheaper that usual for 2 weeks.

As I said before, different diets work for different people. Having tried both, I think that WW probably suits me better. That's not to say that I wouldn't go back to SW in the future

Having followed both plans, I personally find WW easier and more effective - lost 3 stone some years ago with WW whereas I have only ever yo-yo'd within about 7lbs with SW (I'm not losing much at the moment - but that's my own fault and not WW!). My SW consultant at the time first said my portions must be too big, then that I wasn't eating enough and it just made the plan seem more complicated. However, my friend lost 2 stone with SW so I guess it's just a personal thing.

I would find it impossible to do SW without joining a class as i relied on the class to provide up to date info re syn values etc whereas with WW, having the calculator means that even if the nutritional value of a product changes, I can still calculate the points without attending a class each week.

I agree with others that neither plan is 'better' than the other and as long as it works and you can easily fit it into your lifestyle then that's all that matters.

Lesley

i have enjoyed reading these posts as it gives both sides, i have done both in the past and when following to the letter they both worked for me.
thank you

I have been following WW for nearly 2 weeks.

I have followed SW in past, but needed a new focus, I was getting lazy when on SW:D

I am finding WW much easier to fit in around the family. I can eat a bagel, wrap, pitta breads for lunch, still have porridge, cornflakes ect ect for breakie.

Tea time has been great! For me I needed the portion control, which is turn has helped my family as we always have loads of veg or salads now, where as before it used to be a plate full of pasta with a gesture of salad, now it's roughly 50/50 for mine, and tbh I feel fuller, as it takes me longer to eat!

Typical day

Cornflakes 1 1/2
Milk (for day ) 2

Pitta 2
Wafer thin ham 1/2
Salad
Veg sticks
Yogurt 1/2 - 1

Fruit for snack

Fish (with breadcrumbs) 4
Jacket pot 2 1/2
Salad

Cup a soup 1 pt

which is 15 pt:cool: I can have 21 so I can have plenty of fruit and if I feel like a treat I can! BUT I have eaten well all day.

I may in the evening have egg and toast which is 1 1/2 for egg and 1 for 2 slices of ww bread

So far me, as you can see lol this works out better, than as on sw I would eat a packet of ham because I could lol!! I did loss on SW for the record though;)

I love these SW/WW threads, especially when they are constructive.
My twopennorth - I've done WW and SW, I didn't get to target on WW and I struggled on 18 points so gave up. I don't eat processed food as a rule, I didn't on WW and I don't on SW - the processed food issue is a personal choice on each plan, it's there if you want it.

I am a greedy girl, I do have big portions, I always have and always will and for me I see no reason to have portion control which is why I guess SW works in my case.

For me, it is sustainable (i've been at target almost 2 years) and EE has made it so much more family friendly and eating out friendly.

I still fall off the wagon, I still overeat and I still have to diet. I guess this would be the same no matter what plan I followed!

Good luck to all, whatever you do. TARGET is the ultimate aim.

Great post above!!!

I am on ww at the mo, but I def will get back on sw at some stage. I honestly think the new EE plan is fab.

Someone mentioned the ww website being better. The only thing is I think the idea of the password bit is fab on sw, and at least they don't look extra money for that.

I have issues with some things on sw though. All that inventive stuff, couscous cake etc really puts me off. I like EE because I think its as normal to eating like a 'normal' person (I mean someone without a weight problem) as we can get, while still staying in control with maintenance. But all that couscous cake, all bran cake etc is NOT eating like a normal person!!!! For some reason, that really gets to me. Like many people above, I avoid processed food as I don't let my kids eat any. However when I do sw I crave stuff like pastry, and want to buy a ww quiche for example. Yet when I do ww I never even think of it!! Weird!!!

I guess its just not good for me to think that I CAN'T have something, if you see what I mean. So ww is good for me because I know I can ANYTHING, in moderation of course.

I found on sw there were many things I COULDN'T have, for example a bagel, as my sw lady told me that since my bmi is lower now, I should eat only 5-10 syns a day to lose, so that rules out quite a few foods. I craved bagels like mad on sw, yet since I went back on ww I haven't even had 1!!! Or wanted one.

remeber alot of slimming world recipes can be converted into points easily so its not like they are 2 completly diffrent plans, you can still eat the same thing if you want to. I use some slimming world recipes although i have never followed the diet, i dont tend to find them as good as ww ones tho

It amazes me though how some sw recipes are actually very high in points! I think its very hard to switch from ww to sw because you just can't bring yourself to eat as much, I find I still compare calories, or points as thats what comes naturally to me, when selecting sw 'free foods'. For example, baked beans - I will choose the ones I know have lower points, even though on the sw plan they are all free, if you see what I mean.

I am now really stuck on SW and my weight not shifting AGAIN !! I have about 10- 12 lbs left to target and to normal BMI. Last time I was stuck I incorporated calorie counting as well and began losing but that is a pain to do both. I am bored with eating the same food on SW because my Consultant suggested I only have 5 syns a day. She siad I must stop eating things off plan but the point is I don't. I am seriously thinking of switching to WW to spur on this last little bit. Need some convincing before laying out even more money. have done SW since May 2009.

I have done both and I find that they both work well....if I'm motivated and stick to it 100%. To be honest though I prefer WW as I exercise a lot and love to earn my activity points and have the freedom to have a some wine or a little treat. To me that's what healthy eating should be like - give and take. I don't use my points for processed foods if I can avoid it as they tend to use up your points but leave you hungry, that said I like to have the option if I'm having one of those days.
I find SW harder because I don't particularly care about being able to have large portions but could get quite excited over having a WW pizza for tea. My Mom loves SW as she can have a big plate of Quorn Chilli and rice but I've never once seen her eat a slice of pizza.
I agree with the other posters who've said it depends on the individual and I think to a degree where your head is at the time.
I do employ a lot of the SW principles and recipes in my WW diet though as plenty of veg works for both and I've never found a diet that doesn't encourage that! :)

Back