www.wheels4wayne.com...!

Don't be too upset about Wayne not answering your messages Sonkie, he knows you're there for him, he probably needs a bit of space to adjust after his recent setback.

Don't forget to take some time for yourself too hun. If he's quiet then take the time to recharge your batteries then you'll be ready for when he needs more support from you.

I hope I don't upset you by saying this but maybe Wayne wants to give you a break? From the way you talk about him he sounds very much like you, always ready to give support, to people, maybe he's doing his bit to help you by not talking for a while because he knows how much you care for him?

Let me know if I've said the wrong thing as I'd hate to think I'd upset you.....

Well finally got through to Wayne...! :sigh:
I first was asked to ring back in half an hour, so I did. He was having his toe nail pulled as it was in growing. EWWWWW. Lucky he cant feel owt then. Well he didnt really have much to say, suppose nothing too exciting happens in the hospital.
Still same, no change except he is now minus a toe nail. Still wheeling himself about. No news on his escape from alcatraz yet....!

Glad you managed to speak to him Sonkie, even if he didn't have much to say. He must really be looking forward to getting out now - must be so boring for him.

Take care
xx

I am currently talking to my younger brother, getting all the info on Wayne so will be back to update the post.

After a lengthy chat with Kev, I found out plenty that I didnt know....!
Wayne will soon be allowed out of hospital to visit the pub...lol. Once he has managed his first outing he will then be allowed to stay at Kevs for the weekend just to get used to be out of his comfort zone. He is currently on the councils waiting list for a bungalow.
After the crash he obviously had blood tests etc, he has been told that traces of 3 different drugs were found, he says he had 1 lager and the rest were cokes, as he had driven his new girlfriend and her mates to a rave. I am fuming all the time I spent with her and she and her mates have ruined his life......! GRRRRRRR!

Wayne has 2 scars on his back, 1 from where they fixed a rod, and the other from near his hip/pelvis where they took a bone graft from. The main 1 is around 8 inches long.
He had been wearing a body brace, but now no longer needs to wear it, So has been more active.
Kev was feeling along Waynes back to see the extent of his paralysis and got as high as just under his shoulder blades. So pretty high up.
Wayne`s friends took a few drinks in for them all last week and he got drunk....lol. It only takes a few and he is bladdered, so he spent the next day in bed recovering....Bless him.
Well I have just been told how Wayne has to empty his bowel and bladder....omg I dont think you really need to hear all the details....poor thing.!

This is all for now but its much more than I knew so any news is better than no news.

Thanks Sonya for the update. The days must seem very long to him in hospital and hope it is not too long before he comes out
Irene xx

Good to hear of Wayne's progress Sonkie and great that he'll soon be having weekends out of hospital. It's a slow but steady recovery and I'm being able to have some time out of the hospital will give him a boost.

Lotsa luv
xxxx

Well Wayne has been allowed out of hospital......he went to the pub yesterday, had a mixed grill, beer and a vodka. HEE HEE HEE he slept all night that night. Though other bro nearly dropped him whilst moving from car to wheelchair.

Next thing will be a weekend out.

So glad hes been able to venture out xxxxx

I'm pleased Wayne was able to go out and enjoy himself. Is he out of hospital permanently Sonya or just allowed out for a few hours? I'm sorry to hear about his car accident, what a terrible shock for your whole family. :(

No he has to learn how to empty his bowels, which is not a nice procedure to carry out on yourself.....! He can go out for a few hours !

he would so enjoy his time out. Pleased he is able to do normal things
irene xx

Well not quite normal.......As he has a lot of things that he needs to be able to do for himself which I think is harder to get his head round than the paralysis.

its all little steps in the right dirrection.
do i understand correctly that you think his girlfriend & her friends spiked his drinks ? if so is there anything they can do about that ? spose its a bit too late now
sending best wishes
xx:)

its all little steps in the right dirrection.
do i understand correctly that you think his girlfriend & her friends spiked his drinks ? if so is there anything they can do about that ? spose its a bit too late now
sending best wishes
xx:)

They cant prove she did it.....if only

So glad to hear that Wayne's progressing well Sonkie.:D

It must've been such a boost for him to get to the pub and enjoy himself:D

Re the ex girlfriend? If she can do that to someone she's supposed to care for then she's not worth anyone's friendship.:mad: What a BEYATCH!:mad:

Well Wayne has been in hospital for 131 days now......longer than foundation on LL ....lol. Well he is still trying to get to grips with caring for himself especially the nether regions.....!

He has been out a few times to the pub with our younger brother.
It seems to be going on for ever, so im not sure how he is really feeling. Youngest brother is hardly keeping in touch again.....and not replying to my texts.

Ahh Son r u having contact with wayne ???? sod lil bro if you are if not tell him how concerned you are (he prob knows) and you would like regular updates how long before hes discharged ??

I have been texting him but he doesnt reply that often......I will keep texting him though but not too much just to let him know I am here.

As least when he gets a text from you he knows you are thinking of him.
How often does your other brother visit him?
Irene xx

Back