www.wheels4wayne.com...!

Hi sonkie, didnt realise your bro was so ill, I'm so sorry, thinking of you (and him) xxx

Thanx Jem, yeh it has been very worrying. He developed breathing problems and was on life support for 2 weeks. Well he is over that now, but he now in spinal unit for rehab.
So a long road ahead.

I can't believe I've only just seen this. I'm so sorry about your brother, but it seems there's being a big improvement since the beginning. He just needs to keep his fighting spirit. You sound like a fantastic sister. I'm sending positive vibes up to him.

AWW thanx Sparkle, it has been an awful new year so far, but now the hard work begins....well when his bedsore heals.
At one stage it was very serious but he got through that.

So far there has been no change in the paralysis, so still no control of his bowel or bladder....I think this is one of the reasons he is down.

Thanx again to everyone for your continued support. xxxx

Hi Sonkie

Just keeping up to date on things for you and Wayne - hope he feels a lot brighter soon, I'm sure you are probably right about why he is low at the moment. Let's hope things improve lots more for him.

Happy thoughts to you both.
xxxx

well spoke to other bro and Waynes so called girlfriend has not been to see him for over a week, im not sure why, will find out wen i see him.
So no wonder he is down, he is lonely and bored, but also suffering with chest and stomach pains.....!
Will be able to find out more on saturday.

awww no!

maybe she is finding it all a bit stressful and needs a bit of time out? i know she should be doing all she can but maybe its getting to her a bit?

it must be difficult as she is the only one there all the time. i know u would be there everyday if it were possible and im sure most people would.

hopefully she has just taken a breather to replenish her for the rest of the journey.

must be so frustrating for him. i hope he'll be ok. thinkng of u all xxxxx

Well there is more to it than that but I dont want to put it up, but I had a feeling she wouldn`t see it through....!
I could tell just by seeing her, though I tried to give her the benefit of the doubt....but no one mucks me or my bro around, he (and the younger one) are all I have left....family wise.

in that case, i'll hold her down while u duff her up.

if she is gonna be a lame bint then wayne is better off witrhout the baggage to be honest. he needs to focus on himself, not worry about smeone who isnt worrying/caring for him.

Exactly .....so long as he dont take her back if she tries to creep back.....he may think that in his situation now that anything is better than nothing. :mad:

I hate to play devils advocate but this girl might just find it all too daunting a task to stay with Wayne now that he has suffered these injuries. I know someone who was in a very similar position many years ago, they were 20 and their boyfriend 24.. and the same kind of injuries.. and it tore her apart to see him like that but at the same time she knew and he told her, that she should not stay with him out of a sense of duty. It was, I think, the toughest decision she (and he) ever made. But they both knew that she was too young to cope with that level of dependency from a partner.. and all the ramifications that go with it.

I don't know Wayne nor his girlfriend, but I do feel that you should just accept that perhaps she simply could not cope with her fella being so badly hurt and the level of care he might need in the future.

I think it takes a very very very special kind of person to be able to stay with a partner (esp so young) after such a life-changing event.

As I say - I'm just playing devils advocate, but put yourself in her shoes for a moment and not Waynes...or yours as his family and friends. :)

(and please do NOT for a single second think that I am being uncaring or unsympathetic towards this horrendous situation that Wayne now has to struggle with on top of everything else.. I just think it's important to see it from all angles if at all possible).

I hate to play devils advocate but this girl might just find it all too daunting a task to stay with Wayne now that he has suffered these injuries. I know someone who was in a very similar position many years ago, they were 20 and their boyfriend 24.. and the same kind of injuries.. and it tore her apart to see him like that but at the same time she knew and he told her, that she should not stay with him out of a sense of duty. It was, I think, the toughest decision she (and he) ever made. But they both knew that she was too young to cope with that level of dependency from a partner.. and all the ramifications that go with it.

I don't know Wayne nor his girlfriend, but I do feel that you should just accept that perhaps she simply could not cope with her fella being so badly hurt and the level of care he might need in the future.

I think it takes a very very very special kind of person to be able to stay with a partner (esp so young) after such a life-changing event.

As I say - I'm just playing devils advocate, but put yourself in her shoes for a moment and not Waynes...or yours as his family and friends. :)

(and please do NOT for a single second think that I am being uncaring or unsympathetic towards this horrendous situation that Wayne now has to struggle with on top of everything else.. I just think it's important to see it from all angles if at all possible).

Hey no I know where you are coming from, I said to her if you will not be able to cope with his situation not to stay with him out of pity as it will be harder for them both in the long run.
I know it has nothing to do with that, but I would have understood if she couldnt face dealing with his disabilities as it is a lot for anyone to put up with.

(((hugs)))))) you're a good 'un Sonkie - you know that eh? :) xxx

Thanx, I like to give everyone the benefit of the doubt, but as soon as he came out of intensive care she seemed to distance herself....as if she almost got a buzz out of the attention whilst in icu.
But anyway enough of her.

I am so looking forward to seeing him.....gotta go and cheer him up.

i totally agree as well. it would take someone very special to deal with adjusting to such a huge thing.

however, i think just slinking off and not talking to him is disgusting and given the info that sonkie is not putting up, its sad to say she sounds like shes being a cow more than anything else.

i dont know how i would handle something like that happening to my hubby but i do know i would be honest and forthcoming with him about it. i would trust he would do the same. one of those things where no one knows unless they really go through it. from what u tell me though sonya, he doesnt need her and she ought to be ashamed of herself.

my original post said that it must be hard for her and that prehaps she needs time out but sonkie put a new light on it for me. you couldnt offend anyone ffnf. u only say it how it is xxxx

he'll be fine. he will adjust and be glad to not have to worry about her.

I would struggle to deal with Waynes situation....it must be very hard for any partner / carer to deal with.
I just wish he lived closer then I could see him every day.

I was gobsmacked mate when you told me she hadnt been there in a week , i hope you can find out more on saturday .
Wayne must really need someone to talk to right now .
As you think it may help him to i will try to ring him .
I bet he is shattered today thou seeing as his friends went up to see him .
He will be so happy when you go up this weekend mate , you will brighten him up again .
I think its time we all sent those positive thoughts thru to wayne again , it worked so well last time !

you can do it wayne we are thinking of you all the way , big hugs hun xxx

Hey Sonkie,

Safe trip tomorrow, give Wayne all our best wishes won't you.

does he like to read sonya? i have dozens and dozens of books by all kinds of authors. u could take an armful of them for him.

Back