www.wheels4wayne.com...!

hopefully the people they r moving in with him will be a friendly bunch. dont know what to say to make u feel better but im thinking of u both xxxx

i had a few texts from wayne today , really does make you feel like you should be there with him , it is very hard being so far away . I know he knows that if we were around the corner we would be there every day ! Getting the brunt of his frustration but we would keep turning up none the less !!!

Bless him x

Getting some new guys will make some difference to him , i can see his point of view still being there but he has been thru so much more ? i think ? dont know the other peeps situation !

Guess the antibiotics will kick in soon , how long has he been on them son ?

Im sure i sent him to sleep earlier LOL

Hope your ok mate , soon be up there again to him xxx

Hiya Sonkie,

Hope Wayne's feeling a bit perkier once the new patients are settled in to the ward with him.

It's only natural that he's going to feel up one day and down the next, I know it's hard for you too but you might have to try and be a bit stronger for him to help him stay positive.:)

Sending you and Wayne my usual load of hugs!

((((((((((((((((((((Wayne))))))))))))))))))))
((((((((((((((((((((Sonkie))))))))))))))))))))

I have not heard from Wayne himself but my other bro has said he is much better and had been in his wheelchair on saturday, I tried ringing him earlier but no reply. Will try him tomorrow night.

Hi Sonkie!

Sorry to hear that Wayne as been feeling down just lately but pleased to hear he's picking up again..... I'm sure there will be alot of these up's and down's on his journey to recovery......

Take care......:)
Love

Well I have been trying to ring him for over a week, I think he must be feeling low as he wont answer. Though he has sent me a couple of jokes this week. So I am assuming he is not in the mood for chatting, but I wanna know how he is and how he is getting on. :cry:

Aww Sonkie, can anyone at the hospital talk to you and let you know how he is, I know you don't want to keep on bothering them, but I'm sure they'll be able to let you know how he is.

It must be so difficult for him and there are bound to be times when he'll just turn into himself and not feel like chatting, completely understandable, but frustrating and worrying for you. keep sending him texts, let him know you're there when he needs you, you're a diamond sister to have.
xx

I do keep texting him but no reply, I know Wayne does crack jokes when he is nervous or anxious as this has always been his way of dealing with it.

Don't fret too much Sonkie, I'm sure Wayne's just taking some time out for himself, maybe he's having a think about when he's out of hospital and how he'll learn to cope in his own flat etc?

I'm sure if the nurses were worried about his mental wellbeing (i.e. if he seems to be really really down) they'd soon be in touch with you. Wayne will know how much he can rely on your support hun :) , don't forget to take some time out for yourself too, recharge your batteries until Wayne's ready to talk.:)

Well I text him and said can you please let me know how you are as im stressing, he replied that he has started physio, using weights to build up his upper body strength. That was all I got out of him, so he must be feeling low, as its not like him.

Maybe he just needs time on his own for a bit? Just to see how it feels? You know what fellas are like, too stubborn to ask for help and then sulking when we don't offer any help:rolleyes:

He knows you're worried about him as you told him in your text so I would say just keep texting and carry on being there if he needs you. Maybe send him a couple of jokey texts to cheer him up a bit?:)

Hi guys my bro text me a joke last night so I took it upon myself to text him back. Iasked how he was, any progress etc. Well he text back that hopefully he will be leaving hospital around easter time .......wahoo!
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

So physio and O.T atre teaching him how to get into his chair, and as he is incontinent how to change pads etc.
This is such good news, his social worker will find him a bungalow back in Nottingham, then he will be off.
:wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow: :wow:

I asked if there has been any change in the paralysis and still the same sadly....:cry: ......but he been able to meet with other people with the same sort of injury and they have not improved either. Well he seems to have realised this will be it now for the rest of his life......!

Well at least he will be going home soon, wherever that will be.

thats really good news Sonya. this is a step in the right direction to him living his life in some sort of independance.
really pleased for you both that something good is happening
xx:)

Ahh took me ages to find this thread!

Really good news. Hopefully Wayne can start adjusting and preparing for his new life. It is a tremendous change which happened in seconds. But he will make the most of it and hopefully will meet others along the way who lead full and fullfilling lives. I had completely forgotten until I read your last post about my Mum's neighbours grandson who had a motorbike accident in his teens I think and is in Waynes position. He is a tremendous person and leads a wonderful life. He drives about and helps others as much as he helps himself. He never feels sorry for himself and totally accepts that the accident happened and that actually he was to blame and so has never had a chip on his shoulder. I don't know him myself but he seems like a marvellous person. I am sure during Waynes quiet time in hospital he is coming to terms with what happened and how to accept the unplanned transformation of his life.

I'm sure there will continue to be ups and downs but lets hope in time the ups will be way more prevalent than the downs.

Glad to hear Waynes news today.

Dizzy x

great news sonia, light at the end of a very long tunnel for you all x

Im so pleased for him and even though he says he knows this will highly likely be as far as he will progress, he will no doubt have the odd down day. I just hope he will be able to talk to me or a friend when he does feel down.

But Omg how cool is that, it was a good job I was laid down when he text me that or I would have fallen over.

:bliss: :giggle: :clap: :grouphugg:
:thankyou: :wavey: :wow:

:rolleyes: :eek: :D

Back